Tata Nano Diesel Launch Deferred

I have seen this exact prototype in Coimbatore, a few months ago (I hope it is the same prototype as the Body is Black colored while the bumpers are gold). Didn't notice the number plate as it sped past on the opposite lane. I thought it was either the Turbo Nano or a 3 cyl Nano.
So this means Tata had never shelved the plans of Nano diesel and was silently working on this to avoid any hype. This would be the same 0.8l 2cyl Turbo diesel shown at the auto expo last year I guess.
I always had a feeling that if Maruti is brave enough to launch a 2cyl diesel Celerio for 5.5L, Why won't Tata do the same with the Nano for 3L? So now, the wait begins!

Last edited:
I have seen this exact prototype in Coimbatore, a few months ago (I hope it is the same prototype as the Body is Black colored while the bumpers are gold). Didn't notice the number plate as it sped past on the opposite lane. I thought it was either the Turbo Nano or a 3 cyl Nano.
So this means Tata had never shelved the plans of Nano diesel and was silently working on this to avoid any hype. This would be the same 0.8l 2cyl Turbo diesel shown at the auto expo last year I guess.
I always had a feeling that if Maruti is brave enough to launch a 2cyl diesel Celerio for 5.5L, Why won't Tata do the same with the Nano for 3L? So now, the wait begins!

Tata was actually testing the engine on on ACE and concludes be to be a reliable motor.

Now the time has arrived to put it on Nano or maybe Pelican:)

The only gamble is whether people will take it or not as the engine noise will remain like Autos (irony of two cylinder engines).

[cry].. we have been waiting for the Nano D for ever! Pages have been written and hopes raised only to be dashed many times. This time again the "D" on the number plate!!! i think i will not get my hopes up.

Top Bottom