Tata, Land Rover, Jaguar: Auto Expo 2012 Coverage (Pictures, News, Updates)

@ 350Z

Vibbs, can we get the interior pics of Aria AT, just read somewhere that they are really improved from previous versions.Thanks in advance.[:)]
Saw the pics of the Aria A/T elsewhere. Nothing is changed inside except the inclusion of captain seats in the middle row.

The A/T is a 6 speeder with tiptronic ([clap]) with economy, sport & cruise modes. it has hill hold and hill descent as well.

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team
PS: I have requested Vibbs to post the interior pics, but he seems to be too busy scouting those hot Jaguar cars
I would be more than happy to upload an image of that, but if I had any.

Need more information and pictures on the S2 concept. I think that is going to be heck of a car. good work by Tata engineers!
Here’s a brief intro: Quite certainly, Vista S2 is a sports hatchback concept from Tata Motors. This car is equipped with a turbocharged 1.4 litre engine which can produce a peak power upto 140PS and Torque of 188NM. The S2 concept also has bigger 205/40 R17 wheels. Apart of it, Tata has tweaked a few areas like its suspension (stiffer) in order to improve the driving dynamics. And other improvements like sporty seats, steering, pedals, spoiler etc. just come as a bonus.

tata-indica-vista-s2-concept.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Tata is on a roll [clap]. But being a big fan of safari, I think they do change the front, especially that grill and broaden those headlights which looks a bit toned down, and give back its butch look prior launch. Similarly the lay out the switches ergonomically. Pack it with features and sell it at a Competent price and rule the road . And give us fans a big mighty safari free from niggles and rattles. And make us Indians proud of our product.[cheers].

Last edited:
Tata is on a roll [clap]. But being a big fan of safari, I think they do change the front, especially that grill and broaden those headlights which looks a bit toned down, and give back its butch look prior launch. Similarly the lay out the switches ergonomically. Pack it with features and sell it at a Competent price and rule the road . And give us fans a big mighty safari free from niggles and rattles. And make us Indians proud of our product.[cheers].
Very true my friend. Now all it takes TATA is to price this beast right to kill the rest of the market.

Here’s a brief intro: Quite certainly, Vista S2 is a sports hatchback concept from Tata Motors. This car is equipped with a turbocharged 1.4 litre engine which can produce a peak power upto 140PS and Torque of 188NM. The S2 concept also has bigger 205/40 R17 wheels. Apart of it, Tata has tweaked a few areas like its suspension (stiffer) in order to improve the driving dynamics. And other improvements like sporty seats, steering, pedals, spoiler etc. just come as a bonus.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Great! Thanks Vibhor. Did they mention timeline for the launch? I hope they bring it on.

The exterior look rich, hopefully the interior will compliment positively.

amazing pics again! tata and mahindra are first indian carmakers who have tookover big international brands and now showed them at expo together. kudos to them!! [thumbsup] am impressed with merlin and other concepts are great from tata but hope they launch it also. i agree when tata can design great looking cars..why they dont bring it when people need it now!

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
No worries mate, btw one question which Tata car was your favourite display/launch of 2012 Auto Expo( JLR excluded)
Hard to decide because this time Tata Motors has come up with interesting concepts. Had Manza came with a better design from rear (Personal view); something similar to the one shown in the Auto Expo, I would have seriously considered it while buying a new car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
Someone recently mailed us asking for more details about Tata Xenon. I’m posting the information on the forum so that it may help others with similar doubts in future:

Modified Xenon Pick-up which Tata Motors showcased at their pavilion on Auto Expo is purely a concept vehicle whose biggest highlight is the automatic transmission which is similar to what we saw on Tata Aria A/T. Apart from this, it has a reduced turning radius, electrically operated ORVM with turn signal and electrical shift-on-the-fly mechanism. Front crumple zone on chassis frame, side intrusion beams on four doors and the collapsible steering column provide all-round protection. ABS with EBD, in the Transponder based 2.2 L 16 Valve DOHC VTT DiCOR engine to enhance the off-roading capability. Most apparent changes includes: Matte black paint job with carbon fibre finish on hood, revised front grille and bumpers, auxiliary lamps on roof, ebony black dashboard, leather wrapped steering, bucket seats etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom