TAIger's Tata Trilogy: The Third Tata: Tata Harrier Dark Edition XT+

Thread Starter #46

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

@350Z , Harrier has been repaired. Checked it today. The 1st free service has been done too. Some suspension related scanning was being done and software updating was in progress. Shall be collecting it tomorrow. Since, I had hurt my Harrier unintentionally, I had to make up for it. Since the Harrier is dark edition so it was imperative to add......[drive]Arriving 19th Jul.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #47

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Harrier has returned post the accidental repairs. It was a satisfying feel seeing it back after 5 days of separation. The 5 days felt like 5 years[cry] The paint job on fender is done to my satisfaction. 1st free service done too. The jerks have reduced quite a lot as I drove back home on the same stretch of road. The Air pressure too seems to have been reduced. However, the pick up felt marginally slow to me. Will drive it more to check further and then shall give more details on it.

Coming to the delivery, it was fine. The staff is already friendly there but the car was internally very dirty with mats and door pads stained. This has been a shortfall of the dealer most of the time. They cannot keep the car clean if the owner cant take delivery on the decided date. Got the same cleaned by them. Positioning of the driver seat and passenger seat backrest were messed up so adjusted the driver seat to drive it back home. IRVM setting, AC setting all messed up so had to reset them. The rubber of brake paddle wasn't fixed properly so had to get it fixed properly. The car had dust all over and upon asking I was told there was some cement work being done nearby. I have often been unhappy with the upkeep and protection of the cars at the dealer's stockyard. Though they promptly clean it up upon my insistence.

Lastly, the start-stop button lettering has been scratched. It now looks shabby and gives a feeling of car being old. I don't know how to fix that up. The chap who drove back to the dealer from stockyard looked more like a rag-picker and had no idea of how the car got dirty and brake paddle rubber was misaligned. Only I know how I controlled my disgust. I shall be sharing this with the management of the dealership. I might have to get it detailed at 3M which is again a expense of almost 10-12K. I am not sure what will it take for the dealer to be a bit more alert about the upkeep of the cars at stockyard.

Shall post snaps on the weekend. BTW, Another Dark Edition coming next week!! Stay tuned.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #48

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My fears on the detailing came true. Discussed with my uncle today about the condition of the car's interiors and the detailing I wanted to re-gain the shine. I have to leave the car for about 4-5 days with him to enable him do the detailing and fix the new armrests for the front seats. Apart from that I plan to restore the start-stop button lettering too and get the faux wood finish for the dashboard like in normal top spec Harrier. Car is going on Monday.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #49

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Harrier's gone for the partial interior revamp and detailing at my uncle's place. Apart from much needed detailing, it will now get 2 front armrest like my other cars followed by wooden finish on inner grab handles on doors and gear console similar to what the earlier gen E-Class had and a stitched steering cover. A job time of about 7 days expected. Had the dealer taken care of the car at stockyard atleast this detailing part could have been avoided. The Start Stop button would be cleaned off the Black Paint most likely because the same cant be repainted due to pain thickness and other technical complexities. This thing I really feel upset for on the dealer's part. Unnecessarily this issue happened due to lack of alertness and attention to job.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #50

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update

Just because of one sub-standard paint job on the fender, had to get the entire car sanded and detailed. Just look at the attached pics. I was told it was a below average paint job with orange peel and other imperfections like paint dots all over. My uncle told the dealer has used low quality hardeners and paint and just detailing one fender won't look at-par to the entire car. Further, as can be seen, interior panels too being worked on for the wood finish and the seats are getting front armrests & steering a stitched leather cover.

20210713_115508.jpg
20210713_115515.jpg
20210713_115528.jpg
20210713_115537.jpg
20210713_115540.jpg

Regards
Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Just because of one sub-standard paint job on the fender, had to get the entire car sanded and detailed.
Why would you want to do that? Just because of one fender, why would you sand the whole damn car with perfect factory finish paint on all the fenders save one ?
I am afraid that sanding on a new car may do irreparable damage to the OEM paint.
Dear brother Akash I know you love your rides but wont it be more prudent to enjoy your new car yourself, rather than the detailers and 3M and service people and ASS. First pass more time with it and then later on you can keep on adding accessories as per your taste and requirements. Car is not going to run away anywhere if you don't do all of it now. What's the hurry Bro ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #52

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Why would you want to do that? Just because of one fender, why would you sand the whole damn car with perfect factory finish paint on all the fenders save one ?
I am afraid that sanding on a new car may do irreparable damage to the OEM paint.
On a car bro, I cannot bear any imperfection. I trusted the workmanship of dealer for a neat job. But, they did an average job. On seeing the panel in sunlight, I could make out the visible difference and dullness of the paint.

Dear brother Akash I know you love your rides but wont it be more prudent to enjoy your new car yourself, rather than the detailers and 3M and service people and ASS. First pass more time with it and then later on you can keep on adding accessories as per your taste and requirements. Car is not going to run away anywhere if you don't do all of it now. What's the hurry Bro ?
I love them indeed like we all do here. However, some cars are built to last even after the owner's age. I am in mid 30's with no sign of marriage and all so I would rather invest in my passion. Also, with the pandemic not over yet, only god knows what's in store for future. I wish to live each and every moment with my cars. Be it any of them. I wish to see them in best of shape and enjoy. Who knows if Reporter Saab....[sleep]Life's the most uncertain thing bro..[:D]..so I believe each moment needs to be celebrated and lived to the fullest..I am celebrating it by living my passion for cars.

Regards
Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #55

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit Tomorrow, a new dark edition is going to be added. I wish, had the Harrier been there, the happiness would have been 4 times..isn't it.! Harrier would be ready by Monday. Due to monsoon the work has slowed down. BTW, are there any issues if the lumber support is adjusted to only one mode i.e Comfort mode and the lever of Lumbar support is removed?

Regards
Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit are there any issues if the lumber support is adjusted to only one mode i.e Comfort mode and the lever of Lumbar support is removed?
It will be an issue if more than one person will drive ,each having different requirements.
It might not be an issue if only one person will ever drive, for the life of the car.
Are you planning to put seat covers on it??
Or is it coming in the way of neat wrinkle free installation of covers??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57

Akash1886

Honoured Member
It will be an issue if more than one person will drive ,each having different requirements.
It might not be an issue if only one person will ever drive, for the life of the car.
Are you planning to put seat covers on it??
Or is it coming in the way of neat wrinkle free installation of covers??
Harrier is driven only by me bro. Not given to chauffeur. Actually to install front seats armrest, the seat covers were removed and the lumber support lever was there. So, to install the armrests, the same has to be removed.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #58

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update

1) Steering cover wrapped and steering is fixed back.
2) Seats are fixed with armrests and seat covers fitted more neatly than dealer's fitting.
3) Wooden Work on plastic panel is completed the same will be fixed on Monday. It's similar to Dark Mahogany finish. Saw it on another JLR SUV parked there.
4) Polishing work in progress. The car needs to be washed and a glaze treatment shall be done finally.
5) Alloys will be painted to Atlas Black. Same as the Body Color.
6) All work to be completed in 1-2 days.
7) White Illumination for Reverse light & Start Stop button refurbishing yet to be done.

Pics
20210717_113420.jpg
20210717_113436.jpg
20210717_113529.jpg
20210717_113537.jpg

At the shop, met with this humble and jolly fella..we exchanged greetings. Spent some quality time together and I, as always, petted him and the wagging of the tail confirmed, I am accepted[:D][lol]For few moments, I kept aside the car and the work in it and simply loved him. A visit well spent. Not only the car but I am happy to have met this doggo.

20210717_112801.jpg
20210717_112920.jpg

20210717_113004.jpg
Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #59

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Harrier is back post the interiors and subtle exterior mods. The only eye-sore is the bloody start stop button damaged by dealer during the repairs. There was no way to repair that so jugaad was the only way out and i.e pasted a matt black sticker on it. I wasn't happy seeing it but there wasn't any other option. Sharing the snaps of the job done. The pics were shared by my uncle. I love to see the shine back on my car. Soon the Altroz shall be going for some add ons.

IMG-20210720-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210720-WA0000.jpg

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom