Supreme Court’s Order – No Sunfilms Allowed from 4th May 2012

What should be the legal limit of our side Windows?

• Total voters
Re: Supreme Court Orders – No Sunfilms Allowed from 4th May 2012

hi

For ref of all iam attaching a doc file in which i have dowloaded the judgement passed by the Supreme COurt.
Kindly have a look at each and evry word of the judgement and than put forward your review.
Thanks, buddy.

After going through the document, it is very clear that use of any sun film is prohibited. It is also clear that this rule is applicable across the country and not specific to Delhi.

Re: No Sun Films Are Allowed from 4th May 2012

Permissible limits are already defined in Motor Vehicle Act since long i.e. minimum 70% VLT for front and rear glasses and minimum 50% VLT for side glasses.

Ruling on a PIL, the Supreme Court has now directed the authorities to ensure strict compliance of these permissible limits. The PIL was filed on the grounds that cars with dark tints are used for criminal activities.

My understanding is that if one has installed sun films as per permissible limits, there is no need to remove the same.
Thanks for pointing out, it was a typo.

And i am highly against this move of banning all sunfilms. [anger]

yes even i read the same subsequently this is sheer KOLAVERI - downright ridiculous.
What next now ? if they find there are too many rapes/kidnapping occuring in automatic cars ban automatic cars wow super logic if you start such a diagnosis to some of our social problems.
Well said Iron Rock, they might consider in the near future to BAN LED's, ICE & even ALLOYS!

Common law makers, Not every guy with a tinted glass does crime. Pleaseeee rethink about this, I too was planning to get good Tints, all plans gone[frustration]

Now professional sun film installers will become professional sun film removers.

Extremely silly move which has no logic . Summers will be hell now and siting in cars with huge glass area like jaaz and brio will be very uncomfortable as the ac will take much longer to cool the cabin.
Rather then making abs,airbags compulsory and some other usefull rules court is wasting its time in silly rules which rather then convenience will create the opposite.

And now cars without Tint will burn more fuel to make the environment inside car cooler and how much ecofriendly is this??
And now what about Merc, Beamers and AUDI that have nearly Opaque tints for rear seats, are they going to remove those tints?

350Z

Core Team

These summers are sure going to be too hot for the car owners. I was about to install sunfilms on my new car in a couple of days. Government, instead of strictly enforcing the rules against less visibility sunfilm users, has made mandatory not to use the aftermarket sunfilms at all which obstruct the vision even 1%. Well, it might help to reduce the crime rate to an extent but the unfortunate fact is that wrong doers would find another way to get around this. Nonetheless, now when this rule is enforced, I expect it is implemented equally for everyone and certain persons with high approach are not let scot-free just like that. And just for information, only people can still enjoy the tints are those with Z and Z Plus category security.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

What about the tint providers like V-Kool, 3M , Garware, etc?
It seems permanent pack up for those guys? :-(
Again this will create certain amount of unemployment. :-(

Glad that both the cars at my home Chevrolet Beat 1.2 and Maruti Suzuki Swift DDiS
don't have sun films on them.

The sun film manufacturers will team up and try to do something. :wink:

I feel, nothing to worry about.

yeah, better to have some rules like no high-beam in city , which will save more life then sun films :)
and without sunfilms, average of our cars will be down automatically, due to AC.
so, its a down-down statement

sorry guys i dont understand what is going on. just need an answer to my query. got sunfilms fitted to the Xylo in December so now it has to come off?

How legal environment affect business classic case study this can be

Thread Starter #29

sorry guys i dont understand what is going on. just need an answer to my query. got sunfilms fitted to the Xylo in December so now it has to come off?
yes,
i have fitted in Feb and now they have to go off [frustration]

Top Bottom