Suggest Hill Stations Near Delhi - 8th to 11th Jun (Tentative)

Shailendar just cancelled my Mussoorie trip, so not able to update you on current road condition of Mussoorie-Dhanaulti as promised will undertake this trip in August i love this place in Monsoons.

Today booked a hotel near Nainital for couple of days will able to update you about the route condition after the trip. I will start my trip on 19th May from Delhi.

As suggested by others, people in hills are more disciplined but watch out for DL numbers they drive like maniac even in these places.

Okay guys,so let me come and rescue Shailinder.

As per my plan I have to go to Dehradun coming Friday and I'll complete the task given by the Saturday itself.After than I'll swap the car with the bike of friend(Yamaha SZ-R or Splendor NXG) and move ahead for my trip with him which will include(Saturday and Sunday):-
Dehradun-Mussoorie-Dhanaulti-Surkanda Mata-Tehri-Rishikesh and then a night drive to Meerut.
And hence you can expect me to update complete route status and all after that.Yes,mine will be a biking trip that also without my 220 but then nothing can beat the joy of biking on hilly roads..or say winding hilly roads.

Rest I'd still recommend you to book your accomodation and all because I can bet that the road will be found in the mint condition as always.

Sorry Shailendar, I thought you were going in May. I am myself going to Chail on 22nd June for 2 days and then to Naldehra near Shimla from 24th to 28th June.
Trust me, hill-drive is far easier than driving in congested cities or on killer highways. Just stick to your left and never try to Speed, max 50-60km/hr should be the norm and don't forget to Honk in advance on blind curves.
Let your co-passengers enjoy the scenic beauty while you enjoy the Drive. You can always see and relish the pictures they have clicked after reaching your destination. [:)]
Max 60Kmph [surprise]

Yes he is right,60 kph on most of the Uttarakhand roads is no issue.

You are a delhite and I have seen the cars with Registration numbers saying DL,HR 26,UP 15/14/16 doing even 80 or 100 kph on some wider sections and straight stretches.Even I too do it.
There are places like Srinagar Garhwal and many more roads where you can find quite long and straight as well as plain stretches.

Well there are no traffic policemen with their speed-guns to measure and challan u for your speeds on hills but its in your own interest, esp. when one is a novice on hills, to drive within limits. I don't know how many of you have met those speeding buses of State roadways on those tortuous roads and not expressed surprise at the knid of rash driving they indulge in. I, for one, am never surprised when I read in papers that bus carrying 60 passengers falls in a deep gorge in Garhwal or Kumaon hills.[anger]

@Lovecars:
Next time you move ahead Srinagar Garhwal towards Devprayag(Badrinath)and all.
Just as you cross Srinagar and come on that good wide stretch of road you will find cops standing on the sides with speed guns and amazingly most of the cars stopped by them are DL,HR,UP and PB.Why?
Because speed limit there is 50 kph or maybe 40 and people do 60-70-80-90 and hence get caught.
Last year I myself was caught there doing 90 in my TSI racing against a very 'brave' Scorpy guy with PB number.But amazingly challan is not that high,just 500 it was,while in Delhi I have paid upto 2500 for the same.

You are right on those state transport buses.They are small buses(smaller than ours)and their drivers drive like maniacs in fact in that area not only state transport buses but some more buses called 'vishwanath express or himgiri express' doing even higher speeds than those sarkaari buses.

Thread Starter #23
Okay guys,so let me come and rescue Shailinder.

As per my plan I have to go to Dehradun coming Friday and I'll complete the task given by the Saturday itself.After than I'll swap the car with the bike of friend(Yamaha SZ-R or Splendor NXG) and move ahead for my trip with him which will include(Saturday and Sunday):-
Dehradun-Mussoorie-Dhanaulti-Surkanda Mata-Tehri-Rishikesh and then a night drive to Meerut.
And hence you can expect me to update complete route status and all after that.Yes,mine will be a biking trip that also without my 220 but then nothing can beat the joy of biking on hilly roads..or say winding hilly roads.

Rest I'd still recommend you to book your accomodation and all because I can bet that the road will be found in the mint condition as always.
Thanks in advance Vipul. I am sure you will have a gala time there.

i saw traffic police with speed guns in UK during my last trip after Srinagar at open stretch so becareful drive slow and steady
Is it true ? I mean, I heard of such things on plains but on hills as well is something news to me. I read you writing that people on hills are generally more displined then us (people from plains [;)]).

To all,

I have two plans:

Landsdowne Fairydale Resorts: Rs. 5582/- per day
Sonapani Himalayan Village (Village Satoli, Nainital): Rs. 5100/- per day

Both the packages includes everything like accomandation, three time food and tea twice.

What do you think is the good package considering the location and things to do in and around that place.

I googled and found that both the above places are fitting in my criteria of calmness and 100% nature without "hoo halla" of busy tourist places.

Please suggest.

Is it true ? I mean, I heard of such things on plains but on hills as well is something news to me.
Speed gun also surprises me but the stretch with newly laid tarmac is so inviting for many drivers and they end up paying for the same luckily we are at modest speeds.

I read you writing that people on hills are generally more displined then us (people from plains [;)]).
You are right locals are very disciplined but you still find handful of peoples each time from other states creating troubles on road for themselves and others.

Shailinder just checked the availability at Lansdowne for your given tentative dates of 8th to 11th June i found most of the good hotels booked and considering the peak season and scarcity of hotels in Lansdowne amount quoted by Fairydale Resorts is good with all meals.

If we talk about the Nainital then you can get good deal for the same mentioned period considering the number of hotel in and around Nainital so i suggest you to explore little bit more online you can also check the below link of MMI

Cheap Hotels Booking | Luxury Hotel Rooms, Budget Hotels | Hotel Reservations Online at MakeMyTrip India Hotels

Thread Starter #28
So landsdowne fixed?
Nahi yaar. Still figuring the place out. Actually, I am getting consfused now, unable to take a call whether to go to Landsdowne or Sonapani or for that matter some other place.

90% Landsdowne is confirmed, reason: I have to attend a marriage at Kotdawar on 7th Jun and Landsdowne is roughly 45 to 50 kms from there.

Thread Starter #30
Shailinder just checked the availability at Lansdowne for your given tentative dates of 8th to 11th June i found most of the good hotels booked and considering the peak season and scarcity of hotels in Lansdowne amount quoted by Fairydale Resorts is good with all meals.

If we talk about the Nainital then you can get good deal for the same mentioned period considering the number of hotel in and around Nainital so i suggest you to explore little bit more online you can also check the below link of MMI

Cheap Hotels Booking | Luxury Hotel Rooms, Budget Hotels | Hotel Reservations Online at MakeMyTrip India Hotels
Then landsdowne will be best for you.
Rest today I am leaving for Badrinath on a biking trip and can update you on roads if needed..

Friends,

I have booked following hotel in Mussoorie between 9th Jun to 12th Jun at Rs. 5000/- per day.

Karma Vilas - Relive the Raj Experience

@ Vipul,

How are the roads in that area ? I guess you recently visited !

@ Toughguy,

As suggested earlier, I will stick to lower gears or come down hill in same gear in which I went up hill (Provided I will be able to recollect the same at the time of actually going through[lol]).

Anything else you guys or others would like to say for safe driving and places to visit in and around Mussoorie ?

Thanks.

Top Bottom