Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI

Although it is bit late but congratulations for the Rapid. Man you have good running. Nice average as well. Share more driving dynamics, Skoda A.S.S you experienced and why did to chose Rapid, I mean more about selection process and other important things.

I am nearing 15k, absolutely no problems, safe and confident cruise up to 140km/hr, getting 14-16 kms/l in the city (bangalore) and a good 20 in highways with Ac
Hello Susisalil
Nice to see that you are having good time with your rapid. I am also a proud owner of rapid ambition but silver color. I have just done first 7500 checkup and like you, my rapid is also doing grt. You can find details about my experience with service details here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...8631-skoda-rapid-madhubala-madhuri-dixit.html

I am nearing 15k, absolutely no problems, safe and confident cruise up to 140km/hr, getting 14-16 kms/l in the city (bangalore) and a good 20 in highways with Ac

I took TD on Skoda Rapid . Its fantastic . Stable on bumpy and smooth roads.
Congrats for the Rapid .
As your odo nearing 15K , I think its time for the First Service .

Congrats Susisalil. You can write a detailed ownership review. Either there are none in our forum and very few. If there are already there, then its time for me to spend more time in the forum.

You are getting a very decent mileage, guess you might not be cruising >100

Just noticed. this is my 50th post in the forum. Hureey[:D]

Thread Starter #24
Today I got my car serviced (1st service) at Vinayak cars, Sreerampura, Bangalore
Nice experience, good work.
Free service consists of
Water service
Vas scanning
Ft brake cleaning
Rr brake cleaning

spares charged
Oil filter 332.00
Fuel filter 1123.00
Misicellneous 334.00
WS washer 157.00
Lead Wt wheel balencing 100.00
Castrol magnatec pro 4.65lts

Total including tax 6726.00

Wheel balancing 900.00
Foam interior cleaning 1500.00

Grand total 9423.00

Work was excellent, car is looking new.

HI !
Susisalil N TAINS
The charges for wheel balancing 900.00 presumed 180/tire which is almost 6 times higher and this scenario is also @ Hyundai ( One of my friend owing i20 was complaining about the charges). Balancing n Alignment @ any authorized tire shop is 25 - 30 for balancing + Lead Wt ( can't recall the per gram charges) and 200 to 300 for alignment. So a max 450 to 550 say 600. What say TAINS?

Hello sususalil,

Thanks for sharing the details of your first service. This will really help. I would recommend you that check for good WA and WB shop around you and do the allignment and balancing there in future. The service center guys will always charge extra for no reason. If we exclude the WA, foam cleaning(which is optional) and Oil charges, first service cost comes around 2076 which for C2 sedan is acceptable limit. Do share your experience post servicing. Is there any change in FE or driveability etc.

Dear susisalil
At least other than consumables everything should be free for the first servicing . Is the scenario same with petrol cars ?

Thread Starter #28
HI !
Susisalil N TAINS
The charges for wheel balancing 900.00 presumed 180/tire which is almost 6 times higher and this scenario is also @ Hyundai ( One of my friend owing i20 was complaining about the charges). Balancing n Alignment @ any authorized tire shop is 25 - 30 for balancing + Lead Wt ( can't recall the per gram charges) and 200 to 300 for alignment. So a max 450 to 550 say 600. What say TAINS?
Actually it is Wheel balancing+Wheel alignment +Tyre rotation
feels comfortable as it is done in same place along with servicing

Thread Starter #29
There is noticeable improvement in FE, performance, engine noise, ac cooling etc.
They have not changed the pollen filter of ac as it was in good condition (just cleaned only, I always use to drive with ac on)

There is noticeable improvement in FE, performance, engine noise, ac cooling etc.
They have not changed the pollen filter of ac as it was in good condition (just cleaned only, I always use to drive with ac on)

What FE you are getting ? and after servicing how much it became ?

Top Bottom