Shifting From 55/60 To 100/90 Watt Headlamp Bulbs

hi
which bulbs are good for 55-60W? i want it for my vento..also should we check with dealer if there will be any issue with the car warranty?
please help. need to change before my long trip in Aug.

In the 60/55 category I have been told that the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs are really good.

If you new bulbs are the same as the stock bulbs there won't be any warranty problems.Also retain the stock bulbs, they can be used in case of an emergency.

Just make sure any bulb you buy emits yellow light.White light will be horrible in the rains.

thanks jarpickle.. any idea abt the cost of Philips Xtreme Vision..
Also any good place to get this job done in bangalore?

thanks again!

To find the best prices,compare the prices with a lot of accessory shops.

You can find these on JC road.It should cost you around Rs 800.Hard bargaining helps.

Philips Xtreme Vision H7 for manza12v/55W in Delhi was not available I requested the dealer to order & he gave me the price 1400/- which I will get fitted on Sunday.

The brightness is the same as compared to the Philips Xtreme Vision.

The life of the bulbs really comes down to amount of usage.Both these bulbs have the same life expectancy of 1 1/2 -2 years.

If you do a lot of Night time driving then go for the Osram NB else go with Philips.Neither one of the companies guarantees the life of their bulbs.

If you do a lot of Night time driving then go for the Osram NB else go with Philips.Neither one of the companies guarantees the life of their bulbs.
Would you recommend these for me as I drive 90% on highway with frequent dipper almost 50% of the time, I read that these bulbs reduce life significantly if you use frequent dipper, is that true?

Last edited:
Using the bulbs in any way reduces life.On and off cycles also reduces life not just the use of upper dipper.

I have been using Philips Rally 100/90 for a year and no problems so far and I use the upper dipper frequently as well.No problems so far.

It really boils down to your preference.Philips Xtreme Vision is the latest one in the more power series and it took over from the Xtreme Power.

Your choice depends on preference really.I like Philips have been using them for ages.

That being said the NB's are pretty much the same too.If you have not tried Osram ever before why not try them.

Try to go for a reputed company like philips,bosch,hella or roots.For the relay you can go for the same companies, just stay away from PMP.

For bulbs, I have been using Philips rally for ages now.
Healight wiring kit contains everything, cermaic holder, relay. high-guage wire, fuses, connectors, plug, fire-resistant sleeve, etc. All you gotta buy is a pair of bulb and the kit [:)]
I was thinking the wiring harness kit contains only of the wires.[:)]
Getting a Wiring harness kit of Hella from ebay @900 INR.
Thanks for the info

thanks jarpickle.. any idea abt the cost of Philips Xtreme Vision..
Also any good place to get this job done in bangalore?

thanks again!
Hi you can get Philips xtreme vision or xtreme power from JC road below are Philips authorized dealers in Bangalore. I bought Philips Diamond visions 5000K from Chawla motors for Rs.950 in fact for the lowest price in Bangalore while the others are selling them for Rs.1200+. (Including Reliance AutoZone)

A.K.Traders
Address: No - 22/23, 1st Floor, 3rd Cross, J.C.Road - 560002
Phone: 91 80 41143199
Email: sunil_aktraders@hotmail.com

Chawla Motors
Address: No - 19, 3rd Cross, J.C.Road - 560002
Phone: 91 80 26708097
Email: sandeepchawla1@yahoo.co.in

They sell other products also (Osram, Hella etc.)

i checked with reliance in ITPL, they have the philips xtreme vision H4 for Rs-550 (one piece)...looks like a good deal...also i should be getting the 3000k (temp) right?
thanks a lot!
Anand

Hi again
I bought the wiring harness from ebay and expecting delivery soon.
But I have no idea about the connections except for changing the bulbs.
please guide me as to how to fit/connect the wiring harness.
Car: Maruti 800, Model: 1998 (without headlight leveling device).
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom