Servicing & Maintenance Charges of Volkswagens

Re: Servicing & Maintenance charges of VWs

I got my Fabia from the second service yesterday with the bill amount of Rs:6045/-

It has done 27000 Kms so far. Changed Oil and Filters

I would expect any German car to cost much more to service than their counterparts and parts too woud be dearer esp in the long run I guess. Hopefully the fun to drive factor is enough to offset the costs:)

I was told by the Volkswagen dealer in mumbai (Tornado Motors, VW West) that for petrol polo 5700- and for diesel 6300-. I own a petrol one, it includes everything mean oil, labour and service parts. 11000- is a complete rip off.

@knightrider: please give city and dealer name, who charged 11k.

i guess they use synthetic oils for all their models. nothing can beat maruti and hyundai in moderately priced services

I guess the Polo wont be much of an issue since service intervals are at every 15000kms or one year. The salesperson informed us that service costs will be around 6000-8000 rupees normally.
This was for Diesel Polo & no parts were replaced. I'll check the break-up of the bill with my friend.
I work in VW.

Service intervals are every 15000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier. there are no free services.

Service costs are in the range of 6-8k.
My brother owns a Polo TDI and a Skoda Yeti. The Polo servicing cost him 6K+ and the Yeti a little more. The major chunk of this was the cost of the synthetic oil. Rest of the cost was comparable to other cars.

I would expect any German car to cost much more to service than their counterparts and parts too woud be dearer esp in the long run I guess. Hopefully the fun to drive factor is enough to offset the costs:)
Not only that but as mentioned above the major cost is the synthetic oil and the rest is the same as other cars. Factor in the longer service interval and the VW or Skoda may actually be more economical to run than say a Maruti.

VW or Skoda may actually be more economical to run than say a Maruti.
That's a very optimistic statement.Hope this comes true asap.

Hi, maybe in servicing they can be lower but in spares costs they can never beat maruti ior hyundai.

Re: Cost of Single VW Vento's Alloy Rs.21K !!

guys i have a vento and i need to know the price of the windshield. it was cracked by some jerks in our locality. and the crack is growing every now and then. so i need to know it very quickly

350Z

Core Team
Re: Cost of Single VW Vento's Alloy Rs.21K !!

Welcome to The Automotive India. Please contact Windshield Experts if the crack is not huge. It will work out much cheaper than replacing the complete windshield.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi

This is my about shocking experience about first service of my Polo 1.6 petrol. At the time submitting my car for service I have been told it will cost me between 9000 to 10000 Rs. I was shocked to hear how expensive it is. When my car was delivered then I was handed over a bill of Rs. 11674/-. I am looking for justification of this 1st service cost of POLO car. The following are the facts about this 1st service :

- Service at one year
- Kms completed 10043 at the time of service
- There is no damage or replacement required as my knowledge
- This is petrol car
- Handled carefully

I have another car Toyota Altis 1.8G This has been serviced two months back. It was second year service and I paid only aprrox. 3500/- Rs.. Toyota Altis also require service yearly.

Compare to these two cars Toyota Altis suppose to be considered premium and should be more expensive.

I am attaching an invoice here which I paid so it will give clear picture.

Attachments

you could have done the wheel alignment from out along with the wheel balancing i think their charges are way to high for this, and why did they do an ac treatment? was it even necessary? were you finding any issues with the ac?
you would have saved around 3500 bucks if you told them not to do the wheel alignment/balancing and ac treatment.

btw is the ac filter not re-usable? On my verna we have a re-usable one simply just clean it under the tap like a room air-con. The spares does seem higher then the hyundai. For the petrol verna oil filter Rs.82(without taxes) Air filter is around 300 bucks, brake fluid is 247/litre. Did they carry out some clutch/brake bleeding? or was your brake oil low?

anyways next time instruct the advisor not to carry out anything other then whats mentioned in the manual, if needed call and inform me or i will not pay.

350Z

Core Team
This is my about shocking experience about first service of my Polo 1.6 petrol. At the time submitting my car for service I have been told it will cost me between 9000 to 10000 Rs. I was shocked to hear how expensive it is. When my car was delivered then I was handed over a bill of Rs. 11674/-. I am looking for justification of this 1st service cost of POLO car. The following are the facts about this 1st service
This is a plain rip off from Volkswagen. Please be cautious while servicing the car in future. Get an estimate of the work charges and inform the service adviser not to proceed with additional works without notifying you prior. The situation is almost similar across various service centers of different brands. Just that, in this case VW is charging much higher for a few things that could be done at half of the cost at reliable workshops outside.

Drive Safe,
350Z

They use Castrol Magnatec Professional 5W-40 fully syntheic engine oil which is only available with them.
this professional series is only available with the dealership as per castrol website.
this oil is rs.950/= with taxes as i just bought a litre to top off my vehicle.
so the service cost is justifiable to be in the range of Rs.8000-9000.
i would like to add my two cents that one should follow the VW oil specifications as their engines are very sensitive to mineral oil and more so with diesel engine oil for which VW 505 01 specification is reqd. this specification oil is not available outside at all.

Hello everyone
is it true that you have to get Polo serviced in every 6 months after 3 years of ownership.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom