The Royal Enfield Bullet has for decades been the byword for rugged, refined cool and a bike handcrafted to perfection. The Royal Enfield Bullet was unveiled by Royal Enfield at Intermot exhibition in Germany. They have already launched this mouthwatering classic version of its legendary motorcycle abroad. Bullet Classic was first launched in Germany followed by European launch. It is expected that it is going to be launched in India on 4th November, 2009.
Looks & Styling Of Bullet Classic
The front number plate, the logo, that classic green colour and 1950s looks. Royal Enfield Bullet really looks like a post World War II motorcycle. Royal Enfield has carefully tweaked the style of the Bullet Classic, but retains its retro roots. The round headlamps with his young guard, the analog valves, the individual semi with visible steel springs and deep-drawn fenders of the rear tire result in a successful combination of style elements of the’50s. The front and rear mudguards are almost of the same looks including the fuel tank and exhaust and headlight casing as well as the same single seat saddle.
Main Styling Elements Of Bullet Classic
- Traditional looking front number plate
- Classic style round headlamp
- Visible steel springs
- Deep-drawn fenders of the rear tire
- 18" Spoke Wheels
- Fuel tank with post war graphics
- Thigh pads and single saddle seat with springs
- Body colored frame
Engine & Technology Of Bullet Classic
What is really new in the Bullet Classic 500 is a UCE (Unit Construction Engine). The Bullet Classic will be powered by a 499cc, single cylinder engine which generates maximum power of 27.2 Bhp at 5250 rpm and a monumental peak torque of 41.3 Nm at 4000 rpm. It is also expected that Royal Enfield may launch a variant with 350cc engine from Machismo which generates 18 Bhp of maximum power to price it competitively in a range of 75-80000 rupees. While in the classic Enfield Bullet motorcycle engine, the clutch and gearbox are situated outside, they are both integrated into the crankcase in the Bullet Classic 500. Royal Enfield claims that the UCE construction gives the Bullet Classic less moving parts, less transmission loss and less maintenance issues.
Bullet Classic 500 comes with contemporary features like electric start and 280mm Disc brake at the front. Additionally, the EFI engine is married to a 5-speed gearbox. Royal Enfield will also dump the traditional carburetor for a modern electronic fuel injection system on the new bike so as to facilitate better air-fuel mixture optimization, smoother operation, better power delivery over a wide range of altitudes, and cleaner emissions.
Main Technical Highlights Of Bullet Classic:
- 280mm Front Disc brake
- 5-speed Gearbox
- UCE (Unit Construction Engine)
- 27.2 Bhp of Maximum Power
- Peak Torque of 41.3 Nm
- Electronic Fuel Injection System
11 Unique Features Of Bullet Classic
1) Wheels - New 18 inch wheels for better ride and handling. Pagani turn signals, Avon Speedmaster tyres. Improved for higher speeds, better handling.
2) Headlamp - The headlight casing features the "Tiger Eye Lamps" for the bullet look. The headlamp is traditional but with a powerful halogen bulb to provide good illumination.
3) Fuel Tank - Finely crafted tank with post war era graphics and thigh pads make for a vintage look. Hand-polished aluminum castings and hand-lined gas tank
4) Engine - New aluminum alloy Lean-Burn engine. 500cc, single cylinder, 4 stroke, spake ignition, air cooled, OHV engine produces 41.3 Nm of torque. It features the unmistakable Bullet "thump".
5) Toolbox - Toolbox with classic design.
6) Air Filter Box - Air filter box with classic styling.
7) Tail Lamp Assembly - Vintage tail lamp assembly features a classic design.
8) Instrument Cluster - Speedometer and Fuel warning indicator for the EFI system are integrated into the die-cast headlight casing. The speedometer features classic English font.
9) Seat - Single saddle seat with springs provides maximum comfort for a luxurious and relaxing ride.
10) Mudguards - Classic mudguards with stays for that authentic look. Features a deep and wide design for a splash free ride.
11) Silencer - Aesthetically designed for short silencer for that 1950's look. Available as an optional accessory for off-road use only.
Shades Available In Bullet Classic
Royal Enfield has launched Bullet Classic 500 in three shades in Germany & Europe - Red, Black & Green. It is expected that Royal Enfield India will also launch Classic 500 in green shade only while the Classic 350 will be available in Red, Black & Silver.
Launch Date & Expected Price Of Bullet Classic
Though no official launch date and price has been announced for Bullet Classic 500 but it is expected to be launched in India on 4th November, 2009 and is expected to retail for around Rs. 135000.00. The classic 350 is expected to be priced around 75-80000 rupees. More details, specifications, photos and exact price of Bullet Classic 500 after the official launch.