Road Trip from Navi Mumbai to Alleppey !!

A stupid question probably but pardon my ignorance bangalorites, wanted to check if the bangalore international airport near devanahalli also serves domestic flights or is that a separate airport ?

A stupid question probably but pardon my ignorance bangalorites, wanted to check if the bangalore international airport near devanahalli also serves domestic flights or is that a separate airport ?
There is only one airport in Bangalore now. It serves both domestic and international.

Old airport is a property of HAL and its for their requirements.

one more question [;)]
If i am driving from mumbai to bangalore(NH48) highway and want to reach the airport which is the best/fastest way also avoiding the traffic ?

If i am driving from mumbai to bangalore(NH48) highway and want to reach the airport which is the best/fastest way also avoiding the traffic ?
There is only one way through NH48

To reach Bangalore Airport take the exit near hebbal (to the left)

Then you can reach the highway to Hyderabad and Bangalore Airport.

May be Mukesh or somebody else from Bangalore can help with exact direction and landmarks.

This thread is more than 2 years old but has motivated me to follow my dream i.e. to drive from Navi Mumbai to Kollam. Will not undertake it immediately but the seed has been sown [:)]

Thread Starter #37
Hi Guys am planning to take a road trip again from navi mumbai to alleppey. Any route suggestions !
I had previously taken the Mumbai -Pune -Kolhapur-Bengaluru-salem -palakkad-kochi-alleppey route.
any better route options please advice.
Kindly note, my mode of transportation is my Maruti Ritz.
Kindly also advice of some budget hotels en-route where I can stay overnight.

Hi Guys am planning to take a road trip again from navi mumbai to alleppey. Any route suggestions !
I had previously taken the Mumbai -Pune -Kolhapur-Bengaluru-salem -palakkad-kochi-alleppey route.
any better route options please advice.
Kindly note, my mode of transportation is my Maruti Ritz.
Kindly also advice of some budget hotels en-route where I can stay overnight.
The default route. Road conditions remains good mostly. You may want to halt for the night at Hosur, if you can.

Mumbai - Pune: Nothing to worry
Pune - Kolhapur: Usual issues of diversions
Kolhapur - Bangalore outskirts: Good roads
Bangalore bypass: Option 1 is NICE Road to Electronic City (or) Option 2 Dabaspete - Doddaballapura - Devanahalli - Hoskote - Bagalur - Hosur.
Hosur - Coimbatore: Good roads
Coimbatore - Palakkad : Heard about pot holes / top layer coming off near Walayar (not sure)
Palakkad - Alappuzha: I am unaware of the conditions / traffic patterns. Hope some of the members can throw light here.

Ritz shouldn't pose any issues at all. Since I stay in Bangalore never felt the need to find stays in Hosur. Shouldn't be hard to find a budget hotel near the highway.

Ideal pitstops for fuel in (1) Belgaum / Dharwad / Hubli (2) Bangalore/Hosur.

Thread Starter #39
@casualsurfer thanks a lot for your help. Just as you mentioned the road conditions are the same. Last experienced the roads up to Belgaum around 15 days back. Last time too the roads near walayar was not in a good shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom