Review of MicroVBB Black Box

Guys, a small issue.

the door locking motor which the MicroVBB guys fitted is not working now! as i have said in my initial posts that this motor was fitted so that the same remote would ARM the system as well as lock the doors so that i would not have to carry two remotes. but now the remote just ARMS/DISARMS the system but does not LOCK/UNLOCK the doors.

i would like to point out that this motor is not a part of the MicroVBB kit & while installing this motor, they told me that this is without guarantee/warranty but assured me it has a long life. i never imagined it would go kaput in 4 days!

i now have to carry two remotes- the nippon one to lock/unlock the doors & the MicroVBB one to ARM/DISARM the system! i paid Rs. 1500/- for that motor. what do i do now?

will they replace the motor free of cost or will they ask me to shell out Rs. 1500 again? if its the latter, what should i do? i am not interested to get into an argument with them as i would need their help for any future assistance/services. are such motors available in the market? if possible, any reputed brand? so that i could buy a motor & they just need to install it. i anyways need to buy an Autocop hooter.
Has this issue been solved raj.
Are you carrying 2 remotes now?

oh sad tyour system got kaput so early because 4 day period is nothing well you SHOULD ASK THEM TO REPLACE free of cost. and raj_5004 sorry in advance if you feel that am degrading your product but plz answer if by chance someone again attempts to touch your scorpio with bad intention and your black box informs this to you by SMS and you are quite far from the parking place and what way will it happen to protect it then? i mean it can only inform you that someone is stealing not prevent it!?! :stupid:

Thread Starter #33
Sorry guys for the late response. the malfunction was traced to a loose connection! it has been solved as of now! but i am still carrying two remotes to be on the safer side!

@ umang: yes, even if i am far from the place, it does not matter. to prevent the theft, the BB has got its own immobilizer. it will not start the car even someone manages to break into it. if the thief is smart & manages to drive away, i can still stop the car by shutting down the engine by sending a SMS & know the location of the car.

thanks a lot you are right and :stupid: and is that message common for all BBs or different? this is really cool gadet btw.

350Z

Core Team
I have inquired about a few similar tracking systems. Most of them charge Monthly / Yearly fees for keeping the services activated. Is it the case with MicroVBB too?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Swift comes with Icats, how necessary for the car it is to have Microvbb and anyone here has used this swift ?
MicroVBB and iCats are totally different things. iCats is simply an immobilizer (which almost all modern cars are equipped with) while MicroVBB is a car tracking device.

Drive Safe,
350Z

MicroVBB and iCats are totally different things. iCats is simply an immobilizer (which almost all modern cars are equipped with) while MicroVBB is a car tracking device.

Drive Safe,
350Z
:stupid: that was a really trivial question I guess , thanks Vibhor

1 question.. ?

There are gsm and gps signal blocker too, what if area is not getting proper signal or out of range (in which car is parked). How will system useful in such conditions?

350Z

Core Team
There are gsm and gps signal blocker too, what if area is not getting proper signal or out of range (in which car is parked). How will system useful in such conditions?
One can track the location online using GPS is GSM is out of range. However, it’s correct that GPS signals can be blocked too using GPS jammers but then there is a loophole in every security device and this one is no different.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom