Restoration of Bajaj CUB 1992

Thread Starter #17
Hi all,
Thank you for all your valuable inputs.
As of now the only thing bugging me was that it was half assembled at home and is stuck in tha state.

Finally yesterday, spoke to a mechanic and handed over everything to him. He dismantled most of the stuff and rewired the whole scooter and is likely to finish the job by this thursday. He advised me to go for the single seat mod without stepney. I felt that was not needed hence told him to leave the stock feel as it is.

As usual Bangalore is an expensive place for restoration works. This guy is charging a bit more than usual. I am okay to pay as long as he does the job and delivers it in 1piece.

Will post updates on Thursday. No luck in finding indictators for this model of scooter. No white wall tyres in plan as of now, but will surely Consider it later.

Last edited by a moderator:
SS80

The scooter has turned out nice till now and waiting for the final outcome

You had earlier mentioned about the wiring difficulties. It took so long to locate the circuit diagram of few Bajaj scooters but regret that Cub is not included.

I am posting it here for all, if not beneficial for you.

wd1.jpg

wd2.jpg

wd3.jpg

wd4.jpg

Thread Starter #19
Spoke to the mechanic and found no progress on scooter. He seems to be busy this weekend too
So next update probably on Tuesday :(

Thread Starter #21
the scooter is back and is in nice running condition

After a long wait and a kind of long argument with the lazy mechanic. Got the scooter back in 1piece.

He has managed to add ample scratches everywhere. List of pending works as of now

Number plate sticker
Clutch
Indicator wiring
Locks change.

Will post videos and photos tomorrow.

Thread Starter #24
Some more updates guys:

Got the clutch overhauled, seat covers & foam changed completely, rear both sides got their share of rexin, all locks replaced. Now the scooter starts with a single kick. Will upload a few photos this evening. Stepney wheel is still pending though

Thread Starter #26
Just back from a short 23km ride early morning on the breezy ring road to hebbal & back home.

Top Speed= touched just once 70kmph
Whats improved = new clutch has made pickup really awesome
whats not right= silencer has air leak near mouth (will have to refit) & center stand is loose & makes loud noise every time I run over a pot hole. So it needs a rubber bush of some sort to avoid that sound.

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (1).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (2).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (3).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (4).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (5).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (6).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (7).jpeg

Chetak hebbal ride 24.6 (8).jpeg

Thread Starter #29
Thanks a lot everyone. Yes Sir most of the things are covered now.

Pending works -
Indicator wiring
Front suspension spring is too hard - may be wrong part installed.
foot brake stopper not fit yet
paint touch up needed before applying for FC.

FC cost quoted here along with fine is 4500/-
out of which half the amount is fine alone. Not keen on getting the FC done, as no plans of selling it.

Hi @SS80, I am Sreekant from Hyd. I have been gifted a bajaj cub recently by a friend of mine. I would wish to get the engine work done, as the paint and body is in very good condition. Could you please share the cost of the engine spares and wiring harness. Kindly pm me your contact number if possible for a quick chat on things.

Top Bottom