Renault Facing Tough Time with Indian Partner

I think the end of the model is here, irrespective of what the M&M and Renault guys say.
Hope though that the existing owners do not have too many problems!
I too think so. If Renault need to keep the image and build up the confidence, they have to launch new models and expand their reach to the customers.

So are Renault planning to extend their partnership venture with M&M!! If it is so then after extending the deal i also expect some new models from Renault with better styling!

I think they are planning to revive the Logan thru the Sandero route.
Let's see the acceptance of that model.

M&M recalls brass from Renault JV

economictimes
Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) has started calling back some of its top executives in the JV, a clear indication that the agreement with the French company could be nearing an end.

In the recent past, three M&M executives have left the joint venture as the two partners appear to be on the verge of separating. Nalin Mehta, the CEO of Mahindra Renault who has been appointed the new chief operating officer of Mahindra Navistar — the JV with the US company which will roll out heavy trucks — is the most recent and high-profile executive to return to the parent group. Jyoti Malhotra, the head of sales, and K Ravi, who was in charge of services, have also returned to M&M.

Mr Mehta’s appointment as the COO of Mahindra-Navistar was announced internally at the end of last week while Mr Malhotra and Mr Ravi returned earlier this year. No public announcement has been made.

Renault had recently announced that it is setting up its own distribution network in India to handle future product launches and had also promised a statement on the future of the troubled joint venture — known as Mahindra Renault Private Ltd or MRPL — later this month.

Yes Renault is better without M&M but it might hurt them in A.S.S!! By having a deal with somebody they can do better like Fiat enjoying with Tata!!

Renault not to end tie-up with Mahindra & Mahindra

French auto major Renault today said it not going to end tie-up with Mahindra & Mahindra over their joint venture that sells Logan, stressing that the car will continue to ply on the Indian roads. The company said that it will announce details of reworked pact with M&M by April.

While M&M wants to tweak the specifications of Logan to make it smaller in order to qualify for excise benefits on small cars, Renault has been against it thereby putting strain on their partnership.

"We are discussing (with M&M) how to reposition the car and how to simplify the organisation and it looks like we need to be more nimble and little fast with the market," Renault Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn said.

Economictimes

Okay even if it has not done anything good for Renault till now , they can improve atleast from now just like Fiat!! Time to bring in fresh new models!!

Thread Starter #38

350Z

Core Team
Even though the Joint Venture between Mahindra and Renault is not going to over, Today when I went to check various models of Logan (Edge Connect, Tourer etc) I could notice that dealers are not taking much of interest as they should. Rather they are more interested to attend those customer who are looking for a Scorpio, Xylo (Read Mahindra Products). Let's hope for the best for Renault's fate in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I hope it ends, but renault should be ready to go alone. I dont have any regards with our Logan, other than servicing quality and cost. Though cost can be somewhat justified, quality needs big improvement.

But for Renault to go alone they will have to invest large amounts of money in putting up showrooms and service centers individually across the country!

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team
Atleast after Logan's presence in India by Mahindra - "Renault" Tag, Renault has gain a little of popularity, Thus they could do much better alone otherwise Mahindra will soon sink their remaining image in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

M&M to buyout Renault's 49% stake in JV

Its official, now its Mahindra Logan, not Renault.

Economictimes

Mahindra & Mahindra, India's largest utility vehicles and tractor maker, said on Friday it would buy out its partner Renault's 49 percent stake in its joint venture Mahindra Renault Pvt Ltd.

Under the terms of the agreement, Mahindra will be responsible for the management of the Logan sedan, which the joint venture makes and sells in India.

The Renault name and logo will continue to be used on the Logan till the end of calendar 2010, the company said in a statement.

Mahindra Renault Pvt Ltd, has been struggling to sell Logan with sales declining to just 4,981 units in April- February 2009-10, down 60.03 per cent from the year-ago period.

While M&M wanted to tweak the specifications of Logan to make it smaller in order to qualify for excise benefits on small cars, Renault had been against it.

whoa!! this is really a BREAKING news. No one thought that M&M will take such step. so main question is whether we will no see more models from Renault or not??

Top Bottom