Redesigned Vehicles By DC Designs in India

Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
NEW DELHI: Indian customers can get their regular cars re-designed with former Maruti Suzuki MD Jagdish Khattar owned Carnation Auto entering into a partnership with ace auto designer, Dilip Chhabria to re-done cars at affordable prices.

Carnation Auto, will start selling customising car kits made by Chhabria’s DC Design at the price of up to Rs 80,000 for Tata Nano, for Maruti Suzuki it will be priced between Rs 45,000 to Rs 60,000 and between Rs 60,000 to Rs 75,000 for the Honda City.

While Toyota Innova with changed interiors and entertainment features will cost Rs 4.95 lakh and will carry enhanced interactive features targeting businessmen.

"We will customise cars at affordable prices and meet customers aspirations to change their regular cars. Our aim is to make customisation business a mass market one. Like the US market, where 5% cars sold are customised, we are expecting a similar potential in India in the next few years," Jagdish Khattar, CMD Carnation Auto said.

CarnationDC

NIce kits,city & swift are looking awesome but NANO is looking as if it has been cut & put onto something else.

But the prices are still on a higher side[cry]

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
good move but bad prices, think practically guys, who is going to spend 80k for bodykits on a 100k car?

Thread Starter #7

deville_56

Honoured Member
DC has been spoiling the looks of cars for sometime. He does interiors well and started furniture designing. After a long time seeing some better looking design from his side. All the cars designed by him in a particular time period has similar design philosophy.

IMO, It will be available for all cars with these being just some examples. I think its a very good move by Khattar and DC and surely enough, this market will pick up because more and more people want exclusivity nowadays from the regular look!! I only shudder to think what will happen to these kits in the event of a crash, which is so common in India.

350Z

Core Team
Now who wants to give their beloved cars to DC?
I would rather prefer to take it to an Autopsyche dealer.

About the Modified Innova, I saw its advertisment in one of an auto mag and I was surprised that how can such a feature loaded innova be available at 4.95 lacs, When it alone costs 7+ lacs.

So the 4.95 lacs is the Modification price, Right?

Drive Safe!
350Z

yes vibhor, 4.95 lakhs is the price of customisation. some DC designs are really good, infact you should have a look at the customised volvo bus here.

nobody else can offer you such high tech stuff in india. yes, i do agree that most modified cars by DC look pathetic but i loved his innova. he has not done any major changes outside, all the changes are inside.

ultimately, its all upon the customer right?

Last edited:
yes vibhor, 4.95 lakhs is the price of customisation. some DC designs are really good, infact you should have a look at the customised volvo bus here.

nobody else can offer you such high tech stuff in india. yes, i do agree that most modified cars by DC look pathetic but i loved his innova. he has not dont any major changes outside, all the changes are inside.

ultimately, its all upon the customer right?
Ture , totally depends on the customer.

I have seen some cars on his website.They look awesome.

350Z

Core Team
@Raj,

No doubt that DC do a great interior designing, Even I too was impressed to see those futuristic interiors of Innova, But for exterior designing, I feel he still needs some improvement.

Here is an image of DC Designed Innova's Interiors.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom