Really Confused : Which one to buy? Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
Fiat dealer called me up today and told me as the prices have been hiked by Fiat and Tata, we still have some pieces left which we will offer you at the earlier rate. You need to hurry. I am having this intuition that he might try to sell me the TD Vehicle( just an intution, not sure about this. But i am worried). I told him that i will only accept the 2011 Batch vehicle. He said that the vehicles he is having are all 2011 batch ones which i can find out after looking at the VIN.
But is there any way to find out that the vehicle is a TD vehicle or a normal one ? Apart from mileage beacause they can tweak it by removing the mileage wire and then refixing it to sell out the car.
AFAIK, Tata Motors will be increasing their car prices from April 1st onwards. Avoid taking the decisions in a hurry. I have seen the dealers becoming smarter than ever. You can get an idea whether it is a TD vehicle or not by taking a close look at frequently used parts, such as gearshift, pedals, tires etc. Also, inspect exteriors of the car for straight body lines. In such case, this thread would come handy. If you have even little bit of doubt, do not go with that particular model. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Your dealer is pretty correct. Fiat/Tata and many auto giants will be hiking the prices in April. So even i would suggest you to take a decision this month so as to save some bucks before the prices hike.

Close your eye and buy Punto 1.3.

Swift also has same fiat engine.

Then why you want a duplicate?

@Scrum Master,

I also planning to buy Punto 1.4 E but dealer told now it is stopped and also called me to say some still left.

But I said. no I will see the update from Fiat first.

Do not be in hurry.

sorry

@levis lover

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Punto is a wise choice. Maintenance AFAIK is cheap for Punto. Swift is also a great car but the new facelifted model can be expected anytime now.

You need not worrying about servicing , Punto has the longest interval of 15k kms for every service. And so in your case once every year. Wont you travel 60KMS once a year to get your car serviced?

Thread Starter #21
So, i think i am gonna go with Punto 1.3
Main reason is not Fiat. I have read so many reviews since the launch of this car and there were defects to which FIAT responded kindly and made all efforts to rectify those.
Main reason is the People. It is a small town and people are still evolving :). Whenever i tell them that i am gonna buy a FIAT, the reply that comes is Are you out of your mind ? Who suggested you that . Then i say why what is wrong with a fiat. Then A friend of mine has one. Steering ( meant tyres ) is always unbalanced and unaligned. Service is very costly. Resale ? blah blah blah ...
And i am sure this car sure is gonna turn heads in the town. Because i am sure that a lot of people even don't know about this car.

One more quick question.
They are not gonna upgrade or revise the punto 1.3 shortly right ?

I don't like figo. It's not that it is a bad car. I just don't like this car.
Moreover, I want to buy Punto but i am not compelling myself aggressively because i want to give it a thought. What if Punto has some problem the nearest service station is 60 kms away. Going there, dropping the car for 2-3 days than again going back to pick up is a real pain. Although it is not likely but still.
Maruti's service station is 3 kms away.

Now if i want to buy Swift i will have to pay a hefty black( Mods please remove this line if it is not OK ) and god knows from where would they drive the car to my town. It is a risky situation. But maruti is realiable. Oh god i am stuck in a very difficult situation here. Please help guys in making up my mind.
Dude you yourself know the answer and writing it out time and again. [glasses]

Go for Swift but new one because service centre is nearer to you. Punto is a great car although you wont find them much in numbers because of N number of reasons. But Maruti is MARUTI any day.

It is true that Maruti cars starts ratteling after 6 months to 1 year ( variation due to driving conditions and habits - BUT THEY RATTLES - PERIOD).

60 kms is not a small distance if you got a lemon (touchwood) [cry] although possibility is less but still there, right !

All the best. Buy swift and chill. Mind you it is not a BAD car by any mean.

So, i think i am gonna go with Punto 1.3
Main reason is not Fiat. I have read so many reviews since the launch of this car and there were defects to which FIAT responded kindly and made all efforts to rectify those.
Main reason is the People. It is a small town and people are still evolving :). Whenever i tell them that i am gonna buy a FIAT, the reply that comes is Are you out of your mind ? Who suggested you that . Then i say why what is wrong with a fiat. Then A friend of mine has one. Steering ( meant tyres ) is always unbalanced and unaligned. Service is very costly. Resale ? blah blah blah ...
And i am sure this car sure is gonna turn heads in the town. Because i am sure that a lot of people even don't know about this car.

One more quick question.
They are not gonna upgrade or revise the punto 1.3 shortly right ?
Change in something which is inevitable so rest assured that there would be change but when only Fiat knows. A new CHANGE is coming called "New Swift" take that because it is not going to change so early or probabality from Fiat would be late. [thumbsup]

I own a Fiat MJD, so let me put some points -
- Service cost will not be costly than Swift, it might be even cheaper considering 1 year interval.
- Yes, all the small issues, are rectified in newer versions. And believe me all were small issues.
- If your car is running fine, once in a year traveling to 60 KM will not be an issue. However, unfortunately, if you have to visit multiple times, even 3 KM will irritate you.
- And I read Punto has to be proven on road, I think 2 years is sufficient time for any car to be proven.
- There is no AC issue with MJD. The issue was with Petrol engine, and Fiat has/is replaced all the cars with better AC.

Some small issue with Fiat -
- Sometime, spares are not readily available. You may have to wait. I personally never faced this issue, but this is reported by so many owners.

Re-sale - Yes Maruti will always give you better resale. But if you plan to keep car for more than 3-4 years, difference will be marginal.

The ex showroom price of Ford Fiesta Duratec Petrol LTD is Rs. 646,630.00 (ex-showroom Delhi). No doubt Fiesta gives awesome driving pleasure, however the LTD model which is in Levis's budget wont have ABS and airbags, and imo when he is spending that much amount, he must give some preference to those much needed(ABS) safety equipments which he will easily get in hatchbacks.

PS: Welcome back Marun, i am still waiting to see your Fiesta!

Hi Lewis,

Didn't note that safety and looks are also in your criteria.
Better get Punto and be happy. [thumbsup]

Akash,
Sorry for the delay dude. Will be active here after. Will post snaps soon with an ownership report [:D]

In my opinion you should go ahead with Punto over Swift and why:
1. Punto is more stable and has better handling then swift.
2. Punto is the best looking hatch in this segment(although it depends on person to person).
3. Build quality of punto is better then swift.

Although Swift is a good car and Maruti badge enhances its value as well. And yes A$$ of Fiat is not in the leagues of Maruti but Fiat-TATA have improved a lot.

Regarding re-sale value, when the new swift is launched here, the resale value of older swift will automatically go down.

Perhaps these are all my views and you should yourself take TD and decide because you will be driving the car.

To check whether the car is TD car or not, you should look at the tyres, look for scratches, accident signs and paint jobs.
Moreover on the ODO, if the ODO has not been reset you will find a 'H'. But if it has been tempered with you won't find a 'H'.
Keep the PDI list with you during the inspection and you will be fine.

can you please explain "what is PDI List"?
PDI stands for Pre-Delivery Inspection. To ensure that the car being registered in your name is perfect, one can do a quick inspection before the delivery. The PDI checklist carries the points which must be taken care of to endure that the car is free from flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom