Punto-->>Vista-->>Swift-->> Which is best diesel hatch

Which is the best diesel hatch between cars listed below

• Total voters
Thread Starter #31
A little QnA here:

Q:What's your budget?
A: 6-8 lakhs(Assuming) Where all your listed cars comes here.

Limiting my budget to 6 lacs

Q:How many people will sit in your car?Make frequent long distance journeys?
A: 2-3 people-swift,more than that will be Punto Vista and indigo.(considering long journeys also).
I do lot of outing, 4 people max. Mainly in Maharashtra mountains and in Konkan, which involves not so good roads

Q:Ownership and Reliable A.S.S?
A:First place for Swift and the rest to the Tata and Fiat(but improving i heard)
I need a trouble free ownership
As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have shortlisted,
Diesel--
Vista qjd vx
Indigo ecs vx

Petrol--
Alto k10

Preowned-- Octavia diesel

You may suggest any other cars as well. But not interested in swift with waiting period of 8 months and Fiat I am not confident [frustration](Though I like 90hp Punto a lot)

hence totally confused. Read my signature[;)]

Last edited:
As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have shortlisted,
Diesel--
Vista qjd vx
Indigo ecs vx

Petrol--
Alto k10

Preowned-- Octavia diesel

You may suggest any other cars as well. But not interested in swift with waiting period of 8 months and Fiat I am not confident [frustration](Though I like 90hp Punto a lot)

hence totally confused. Read my signature[;)]
Apart from your short listings beat(considering trouble-free ownership) will also be good when compared to Vista or eCS because the ownership maintenance is considerably low because Beat Engine oil needs to be changed every 15000 kms only.The timing chain drive system is used instead of belt in the differential which means its well reliable and durable.So it will be good enough to take four people if not best, and the ride height is considerable for beat to handle bad roads..
The LT Diesel version costs somewhere round 5.60 lakhs on-road where with all accessories even with an music system,fog lamps,rear-wash wiper and much more and it still saves your money to fix some accessories or spending for diesel if you pay in cash.
This is just my view thanks.

Thread Starter #34
There are 2-3 Octivia on carwale - check out
Thanks I will check that.

Apart from your short listings beat(considering trouble-free ownership) will also be good when compared to Vista or eCS because the ownership maintenance is considerably low because Beat Engine oil needs to be changed every 15000 kms only.The timing chain drive system is used instead of belt in the differential which means its well reliable and durable.So it will be good enough to take four people if not best, and the ride height is considerable for beat to handle bad roads..
The LT Diesel version costs somewhere round 5.60 lakhs on-road where with all accessories even with an music system,fog lamps,rear-wash wiper and much more and it still saves your money to fix some accessories or spending for diesel if you pay in cash.
This is just my view thanks.
Vishwas, thanks for your views. I will TD beat diesel and will let you know my experience.

Thread Starter #36
It's not addition. I said I will TD the same and let you know my experience. Then only I will decide to update my list or not. So there's still more time for that[:)]

Thanks All for nice replies.

@jayadev -- I like crystal clear replies, and you have given one, so nothing offending. As far it's from your heart(read honest), I am willing to accept anything.

I agree with most of the members that Punto 90hp is good. But there is problem with spares and A.S.S. at least in Pune, that's what I have heard. Any comment on that? Rest I have no doubt regarding Punto.

Also when is new Punto coming?
Amiti
Regarding After Sales Service in Pune and Mumbai region I am fully satisfied with the knowledge and professionalism of service engineers back up by spare parts availability through the service networks.
PANDIT I would like rate higher as compared to ACUMEN for the reason PANDIT is close to my home.
Voted for Punto.

I cancelled Jazz Select and booked Punto Emotion 1.3.

Color - Bossa Nova White
Expected delivery - 6 Oct 2011
Final OTR - 6.15 lakh
Freebies - only Floor mats and mud flaps.

Accsserioes to be fitted -

1) fabric Seat Cover
2) SunFilm

Was booked jazz thats why kept username JazzSelect. But due to long waiting period and my monthly running 1000 to 1200KM diesel make sense. Basically i am not fiat fan. My friend saying "Fiat means signing your own death warrant". But i don't care what people are saying.

If you want a comfortable all rounded car than no car can even touch Vista, PUNTO if you want a solid and beautiful car and go for white swift vdi if you are like everyone else [:)]

Last edited:
Was booked jazz thats why kept username JazzSelect. But due to long waiting period and my monthly running 1000 to 1200KM diesel make sense.
I'd asked about Jazz @Peninsular honda, Cochin a couple of weeks back. They said 3-4 months. I asked'em today and they say they can deliver in 1 month.
Any idea what's happening ?

Vista :
- It has toooooo many reliability issues, looks boring (old indica with excessive makeup), poor driving position, cabin fit & finish is pathetic, ride quality poor at high speeds, instrument console in centre of dash & the infamous TATA A.S.S.
+ But it has acres of space, refinement is good, drivability is great & the car is the cheapest.

Punto 90 hp:
- Again, infamous TATA A.S.S. coupled with FIAT's poor brand image, fit & finish is average (though better than vista) & turbo lag below 2000 rpm.
+ the car is very stylish, amazing handling, magic carpet ride quality, loaded with features, refined engine & great (linear, no push in the back!) pull after 2000 rpm till 3500 rpm.

Swift Zdi:
- too common now, even new swift looks similar to older swift, not too many features, overpriced for what it offers
+ great performer, good handling, maruti brand value, resale value & good A.S.S.

Do consider the i20 CRDi also.

@hunterschase

Honda dealers are not sure about delivery of Jazz. I don't know Why they reduced price of Jazz (if not fulfill the demand)?. I heard only 600 Jazz sold in Sept. Honda tagline looks funny "Why so serious" but we can say that "Honda, be serious about Jazz"

Vista :
- It has toooooo many reliability issues, looks boring (old indica with excessive makeup), poor driving position, cabin fit & finish is pathetic, ride quality poor at high speeds, instrument console in centre of dash & the infamous TATA A.S.S.
+ But it has acres of space, refinement is good, drivability is great & the car is the cheapest.

Punto 90 hp:
- Again, infamous TATA A.S.S. coupled with FIAT's poor brand image, fit & finish is average (though better than vista) & turbo lag below 2000 rpm.
+ the car is very stylish, amazing handling, magic carpet ride quality, loaded with features, refined engine & great (linear, no push in the back!) pull after 2000 rpm till 3500 rpm.

Swift Zdi:
- too common now, even new swift looks similar to older swift, not too many features, overpriced for what it offers
+ great performer, good handling, maruti brand value, resale value & good A.S.S.

Do consider the i20 CRDi also.
Raj_5004

Agree with all your views on Punto except the styling.
Looks are subjective though (even as Linea and Punto looks almost similar, there is a subtle difference and that makes all the difference. While linea is beautiful, Punto does not look so - Infact Punto reminds me of a frog)

Vista ride quality is good and better than many of the famed counter parts.

TATA after sales service is not that bad as it is projected.

Top Bottom