Proklear Nano Anti-Glare & Rain Shield Treatment for Windshield

Well, its kind of surprising for me. I thought these products are not really effective. I actually needed something for my cars windshield which is about 7 years old now. Could you guys post a night pic to show the glare reduction?

I have ordered and received PROKLEAR Antiglare+Antifog nano treament for automobile glass.
The treatment consists of two bottles-one is precleaner and the other is the actual Proklear along with an antifog freebie.
However, while going through the instructions on how to apply, I got confused in step3 where it is mentioned that 'Wash the glass and hands before proceeding to Step 4.'

My question is - do we need to wash the glass again after applying the PreCleaner and before applying the Proklear ?[confused]

Below are the steps listed:
Application Steps:
Step 1. Lift the wipers and wash the Windshield with water and soap using a brush remove any dirt and wipe dry with a towel.
Step 2. Clean the Windshield with a Glass Cleaner and wipe dry.
Step 3. Wet a piece of Special application napkin with water, Shakewell the PROKLEAR™ PreCleaner bottle and add few drops to the napkin and polish in a circular fashion on the entire glass.Keep replenishing the napkin with the PreCleaner and always keep the glass wet. In areas of scratches polish more so that scratches are reduced. After covering the entire glass let it dry to a hazy powder.Using a fresh piece of Special application napkin wipe the glass clean without any residues.Spray water on the Windshield, it should stick to the glass and form a water film without any beading or repellency, this confirms the glass is very clean. Incase there is repellency please repeat Step 3. Wash the glass and hands before proceeding to Step 4.
Step 4. The Windshield should be dry and clean. Take a fresh piece of Special application napkin, pour a few drops of PROKLEAR™ NGS on the Windshield glass and spread it .Repeat till one side of the Windshield is covered and then the other. After 10 minutes apply one more time to ensure complete coverage.
Step 5. After 30 mins wipe the Windshield with a fresh piece of Special application napkin so that it is streak free. Do not use the wiper for 24 hrs.
Can anyone who has applied this please clarify my doubt regarding the step 3 please

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33
Well, its kind of surprising for me. I thought these products are not really effective. I actually needed something for my cars windshield which is about 7 years old now. Could you guys post a night pic to show the glare reduction?
I still not reapplied even in its 2nd year, so its glare-reduction property has reduced. Anyways next time when I hit the road at night with a better camera I will get you the pics.

@kiran1112
The glass should be clean and dry before applying the NGS solution. So its better to wash if the glass is not clean. Anyways, I didn't wash other than wiping it with the special napkin provided with the pack.
It will be good if you can share some night shoots after the application which reveals the glare-reduction property.

Regards.

Thank You @Kichu Very Nice and Detailed Product review, kudos to your patience for its application.
The Anti-Fog looks very useful (Will definitely try and use it)
Actually i wanted to share my Personal experience regarding the Rain repellant product which i have tried before (Aquapel) and believe me it was a H A Z A R D using that product mainly on a Rainy Night and on a Single lane Highway (or any single lane road). After or during rain, the repellant does its job very efficiently deflecting the water leaving kind of semi transparent coating which totally scatters the lights from the oncoming traffic, tried the wipers, which really worsened the condition.[frustration] So i had to Park aside my car and use the newspapers to clean dry the windshield every time this situation raised, truly speaking it was scary and dangerous [shock]
My Suggestion is to leave the windshield as it is, after a lot of painful driving (because the coatings are very hard to get off) what i did is upgrade to High Quality wipers (BOSCH) which did a neat and clean swipe of the windshield.
Please Check this testing Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W6aLx1ggLw#t=47
(Video Courtesy; the Uploader)
From 0.46, you will notice the semi transparent coating which caused the pain[cry]

Thread Starter #35
Hi Rahul,

Thankyou [:)]

Sorry to hear about your dangerous experiences with AQUAPEL.
My Suggestion is to leave the windshield as it is, after a lot of painful driving (because the coatings are very hard to get off) what i did is upgrade to High Quality wipers (BOSCH) which did a neat and clean swipe of the windshield.
Please Check this testing Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W6aLx1ggLw#t=47
(Video Courtesy; the Uploader)
From 0.46, you will notice the semi transparent coating which caused the pain
First of all this product is not a coating over the windshield. If thats the case, then this proklear NGS should work on every surfaces like metal, plastics, painted surface etc.. But it wont, once I tried this on a wash basin and nothing really worked.[lol] Only after this experiment I got to know the information about this bonding mechanism of this product with the glass. If the windshield is clean and free from wax and oily substances then definitely this product is not going to leave any semi transparent coating during the wipes. Talking from experience [:)]

What you mentioned in this video is not the horrible "semi transparent coating" which you experienced with your Aquapel. Its the tiny water drops sticking on to the windshield. Since they don't weigh too much, either you need to use the wiper or you need to wait till those droplets get heavier with additional water drops.

Regards.,

Bro that's great and thanks a ton for the information. A small advice. Do not use Colin for cleaning your windshield. While u spray Colin, a small part of it will spill on your cars paint. It reacts with your cars paint and causes damage over time. I suggest you use Ammonia free Armour-All auto glass cleaner instead.

Thread Starter #37
Bro that's great and thanks a ton for the information. A small advice. Do not use Colin for cleaning your windshield. While u spray Colin, a small part of it will spill on your cars paint. It reacts with your cars paint and causes damage over time. I suggest you use Ammonia free Armour-All auto glass cleaner instead.
My pleasure[:D]

Thanks for the advice buddy[:)]. Instead of spending 4-5times more for the Armour, I feel its better to go with the cheap colin glass cleaner and invest that money on a car wax which is the best method to protect the paint and shine. And yes, wipe off any spill from the paint surface.[embarass] I use surf solution to clean the front windshield.

Here you see the almost 6 year old A-star with my cousin brother's newly brought swift(Delivery was just 30minutes before).
IMG_20141028_154452copy.jpg

IMG_20141028_155225copy.jpg

Regards.,

My pleasure[:D]

Thanks for the advice buddy[:)]. Instead of spending 4-5times more for the Armour, I feel its better to go with the cheap colin glass cleaner and invest that money on a car wax which is the best method to protect the paint and shine. And yes, wipe off any spill from the paint surface.[embarass] I use surf solution to clean the front windshield.

Here you see the almost 6 year old A-star with my cousin brother's newly brought swift(Delivery was just 30minutes before).
View attachment 172982

View attachment 172983

Regards.,
That 6 year old A-star looks new and glossy compare to that swift.No offense to the swift owner.

Here is my Almost 2 year old swift with 20k km in ODO

Attachments

Last edited:
I have ordered and received PROKLEAR Antiglare+Antifog nano treament for automobile glass.
The treatment consists of two bottles-one is precleaner and the other is the actual Proklear along with an antifog freebie.
However, while going through the instructions on how to apply, I got confused in step3 where it is mentioned that 'Wash the glass and hands before proceeding to Step 4.'

My question is - do we need to wash the glass again after applying the PreCleaner and before applying the Proklear ?[confused]

Below are the steps listed:

Can anyone who has applied this please clarify my doubt regarding the step 3 please

Hi Kiran1112,

Yesterday I tried applying the Proklear Nano coating and had the same doubt as yours.

As I was not left with any option, I tried the 2 ways(Wet & Dry). First I soaked the tissue in water and tried cleaning the Pre-cleaner's hazy stuff but due to wetness of the tissue the pre-cleaner was still present on the windshield hence after much deliberation and risking the windshield from scratches I wiped using dry tissue on a very small area, it was successful. And cleaned the entire windshield using a dry tissue itself, results were amazing. Later finished the procedure using the nano coat solution(2 coats).

Cheers!

Top Bottom