Nissan Sunny Diesel @ Rs.7.98 Lakhs. Bookings Now Open

No way Nissan will price it under 8 lac rupees, else this could be a game changer if priced anywhere under 7 lakhs.
The Xover brought this before it was launched.

Sunny has to be priced at par with Manza to survive, else at lower end, people will opt for Manza & rest will go for Rapid/Vento & this will be then added to FAILED CARS LIST [lol].
Haha I told you so [;)] Once again The XOVER gets it bang right[cheers]

Exclusive! Nissan has just opened up the bookings for Sunny Diesel. Here is the price list:

- Nissan Sunny XL (D): Rs.7,98,000
- Nissan Sunny XV (D): Rs.8,78,000
Good pricing ,Honda are you listening.

This is overpriced , Nissan lost a change to attract some mass market. Even manza is much much more VFM now.
No this is not overpriced,it is not intented to take on Manza but it is directly aimed at the throat of Honda City,and I am willing to bet that Honda city will suffer big time come next month.

The Xover brought this before it was launched.
Buddy, I was looking at OTR & not ex-showroom. 8L ex-show room is too high for Sunny.

Good pricing ,Honda are you listening.
The base petrol model of Sunny is at 5.78l, City is 7.4l. City is in C+ seg while Manza, Dzire, Etios, Verito & Sunny fall in C segment.
Hence, comparing City with Sunny D is comparing apples with oranges.
And yes, city has proven itself + network of Honda is far superior to Nissan.
Problem is Sunny competes with Manza in petrol & Verna/Rapid in diesel, which means there is huge price difference between base petrol & top end diesel......I would not buy Sunny D as at the end of the day, it will be just Sunny. If one is spending 9L, better to buy C+ cars than C.

No this is not overpriced,it is not intented to take on Manza but it is directly aimed at the throat of Honda City,and I am willing to bet that Honda city will suffer big time come next month.
As said before, it is comparing apples with oranges. The only car which gave City run for its money was Verna Fluidic as it offered petrol + diesel.

Enough has already been said about the high price point. Nissan doesn't command any big brand image in India. Micra being a small car could only pick up after heavy discounts. Manza/Rapid will be tough competitors for this one.

Enough has already been said about the high price point. Nissan doesn't command any big brand image in India. Micra being a small car could only pick up after heavy discounts. Manza/Rapid will be tough competitors for this one.
:agree:
And it will be Manza more than Rapid due to more VFM & space, which was marketing USP of CAAAR !!
Btw, I have seen Rapid from outside at Chakan, but it didn't feel as roomy as Manza. Correct me if I am wrong.

:agree:
And it will be Manza more than Rapid due to more VFM & space, which was marketing USP of CAAAR !!
Btw, I have seen Rapid from outside at Chakan, but it didn't feel as roomy as Manza. Correct me if I am wrong.
Totally agree. Manza Quadrajet is a true VFM product! Even the interiors do not feel cheap at all.
Yes I have felt it too. Rapid has almost similar space to Vento. Sunny does have more cabin space but rear seat under thigh comfort is not great.

Sunny has weakest engine here (except Etios I guess). Manza/ Linea/SX-4 @90 PS, Rapid/Vento @106PS, Verna @126PS. After seeing its good pricing of petrol sibling I was hoping for a 7L starting price. Guess with Micra diesel's pricing, it was expected to priced like this :(.

I read somewhere that Renault-Nissan alliance has this funny logic going on. Diesel engines are from Renault and Nissan has to priced it higher. Petrol engines are from Nissan itself and that's why they could price it more sanely.

As per the logic Pulse diesel is expected to undercut Micra diesel also.

@ all

Sunny won't be a big flop,mark my words it will easily outsell many other cars like SX4 diesel,Honda City etc.As far as Manza is concerned it is the VFM king of entry level sedan-who can argue about that.

@ all

Sunny won't be a big flop,mark my words it will easily outsell many other cars like SX4 diesel,Honda City etc.As far as Manza is concerned it is the VFM king of entry level sedan-who can argue about that.
Agree. But when it comes to Honda City, see this aspect:-

Honda City CE comes at Rs.6.99L, which is 1L cheaper. Add the taxes, insurance & difference becomes even more.

How long will petrol worth Rs.1L last for City ? Atleast 17,200 km @Rs.70/L with FE of 12km/L. This I am talking on very conservative terms.

Add to this, it is Honda with better A.S.S & reliable engine with peppy performance. Why will anyone let go City CE over Sunny D ??

And if one is determined to buy diesel, we have real VFM product as you rightly said, the Tata Manza. We may get one more in form of Maruti Dzire CS for those who don't want proper size sedan but not want hatch either.

I don't think there is anything which now goes in favor of Sunny.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom