New Toyota Fortuner Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
We have a farm in the northern most part of Kerala and we decided to take him with this us!! A distance of almost 400km. The route to be taken was Angamali-trissur-calicut-kannur-kasargode-badiaddaka-swargga (it’s on the Karnataka border, on the way to Puttur).

We started at 12:45 in the afternoon, and as we expected got jam (traffic jam) at trissur. From there on it was ok. Didn’t go beyond 100kmph (as he had not done 1st service). Got a FE of 11.5 avg when we reached our place. (There were 9 people onboard and some luggage!!!) A few things I observed was

1. Where I park him, people come and stares at him, and then peeps into the glass to check out the interiors!!! A smile comes on my face when I see this, maybe, a smile of satisfaction that I didn’t make a wrong choice!!

2. Driving him was very very smooth. This actually was the first time I was driving a SUV for this long and it was just like driving a car!!!

3. To mention is the headlights!!!! You will not need the beam lights at night!!!! The dim lights are really powerful. If you put the beam light the opposite vehicle will definitely dim his light
(for sure) because he won’t be able to see the road ahead!!! So, trust me the headlights are really superb!!

4. The auto headlights also worked perfectly fine

5. One issue which we noticed was the Range( how much he can run with the remaining diesel) shown on the system sometimes do not get updated i.e. at times even when we refill the tank the Range remains the same !!! Now one thing that you have to keep in mind is while refilling, the engine should be completely turned off, so that the system does the calculation on the range. Only after refilling and the cap closed the vehicle should be turned on! Now, at times, even if I follow this, the Range does not change!!( very rare, and so not a big deal)

6. The rear window washer was really disappointing. The water just flows thought a nozzle (unlike the front washer, where the water spread onto the entire glass). So if there is so much dust on the rear window I would suggest you clean it with your hands without using the wipers!!

We reached our place at almost 10pm with an avg speed of 44 kmph.

On our return journey when we reached the Mannuthy-Ernakulam Highway ( NH47), I decided to take him beyond 100kmph. ( the odometer was showing 1317km) took him up to 150 kmph and I was surprised!!! The cabin was as silent as before!! No sound of air..Nothing and the funniest part is no one in the vehicle knew that we were cruising at 150!!!! (until I told them) It feels like he is still doing 80kmph!!!!! If we had longer stretch of road he could go beyond 150 with ease!!! The FE during the return journey was 11.7 kmpl.

Congrats on the White Beast. I feel the last few pics are way better than any other Fortuner ad/ website pictures I have seen till date. The interior shot was also equally good.

Every car has good features & small drawbacks, Your opinions about the plastics & equipment level are honest & real. The last time I sat in a fortuner I loved the roof mounted AC mounts (Works way better than my expectation even in low speeds) & the yummy "THUD" sound that comes everytime you close the door.

A good car with a good owner with very good photography skills.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Congrats bro. I love the Fortuner, especially in white! Looks fierce.

Guys, its 4x2 and not 2x2. The Fortuner wont run on 2 wheels alone!

2x2 would be an AWD bike!
yeah i was going to point out the same thing [:D]

anyways congratz for the car. the car looks stunning. my friend has the old model and when i entered the car the interiors were not good at all.

the new one have decent interiors.

and can you re-post a bigger pic of the buttons an gadgets you got behind the steering wheel.

We have a farm in the northern most part of Kerala and we decided to take him with this us!! A distance of almost 400km. The route to be taken was Angamali-trissur-calicut-kannur-kasargode-badiaddaka-swargga (it’s on the Karnataka border, on the way to Puttur).
We started at 12:45 in the afternoon, and as we expected got jam (traffic jam) at trissur. From there on it was ok. Didn’t go beyond 100kmph (as he had not done 1st service). Got a FE of 11.5 avg when we reached our place. (There were 9 people onboard and some luggage!!!) A few things I observed was
1. Where I park him, people come and stares at him, and then peeps into the glass to check out the interiors!!! A smile comes on my face when I see this, maybe, a smile of satisfaction that I didn’t make a wrong choice!!

5. One issue which we noticed was the Range( how much he can run with the remaining diesel) shown on the system sometimes do not get updated i.e. at times even when we refill the tank the Range remains the same !!! Now one thing that you have to keep in mind is while refilling, the engine should be completely turned off, so that the system does the calculation on the range. Only after refilling and the cap closed the vehicle should be turned on! Now, at times, even if I follow this, the Range does not change!!( very rare, and so not a big deal)

6. The rear window washer was really disappointing. The water just flows thought a nozzle (unlike the front washer, where the water spread onto the entire glass). So if there is so much dust on the rear window I would suggest you clean it with your hands without using the wipers!!

1. like i said the interiors are far much better than the previous model [thumbsup]

5. this happens. at times you'll see range getting dropped by 50 kilometers but actually you covered only 45 kilometers. and range becomes constant when the car travels without applying brakes and driving at a constant speed.

my car has similar readings.

6. that's bad. but still it's something most of the cars doesn't have rear wipers so i guess something is better then nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Thanks a lot everyone!! [:)]

and forgot to say..Did the 1st free service (at 1389 km), at Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery, cochin. One of the reps took him from my home at around 8am. As soon he reached there received a sms on my mob saying the time of delivery and approx cost. He was delivered at 12pm exact and Rs 0/-. I went and took him from the showroom, checked him and to mention he was serviced properly!!

Welcome to TAI george, the Fortuner looks beautiful and pictures are cool.

Wish you miles of Safe and Happy Motoring.

Your's seems to be the 2nd fortuner on TAI , and 1st refresh version.[:)]

Keep us updated on your ownership report.

i own 4*4 fortuner brought it before price hike and on road cost is 2530000 had installed head rest screens and front guard ctrack(z150) and rear guard of carryboy with fortuner symbol on it on the plan to install hood protector and fender mirror and cladding by the way my fortuner has full chrome kit also

try to get full chrome kit it increases your car looks and also inquire about trd kit too complete the matting also my sincere advise dont buy accessories at toyota dealers they charge u more...

Last edited by a moderator:
i own 4*4 fortuner brought it before price hike and on road cost is 2530000 had installed head rest screens and front guard ctrack(z150) and rear guard of carryboy with fortuner symbol on it on the plan to install hood protector and fender mirror and cladding by the way my fortuner has full chrome kit also

try to get full chrome kit it increases your car looks and also inquire about trd kit too complete the matting also my sincere advise dont buy accessories at toyota dealers they charge u more...
Bro u should start an ownership thread, With tonnes of pics of your beast.

Top Bottom