New Ford Fiesta Pricing Revised with New Variant Line-up

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Can we say that Ford has got it right this time? Well, almost. Ford India has silently dropped the prices of New Fiesta after the car received a lot of criticism for its pricing strategy when it launched in the market last year. Ford has not only dropped the prices of New Fiesta but also introduced the new variants.

Here is the list of revised variant line up (Prices Ex. Showroom, Delhi):

- New Ford Fiesta Ambiente (Petrol): Rs.7.23 Lakhs

- New Ford Fiesta Titanium + (Petrol): Rs.8.85 Lakhs

- New Ford Fiesta Style Automatic (Petrol): Rs.8.99 Lakhs

- New Ford Fiesta Titanium + Automatic (Petrol): Rs.9.70 Lakhs

- New Ford Fiesta Style (Diesel) Rs.8.99 Lakhs

- New Ford Fiesta Titanium + (Diesel) Rs.9.99 Lakhs

This makes the New Fiesta compete head on with its chief rivals, namely, Honda City (Rs.6.99 Lakhs) and Hyundai Verna (Rs.7.08 Lakhs). But, now it also conflicts with its own sibling Fiesta Classic SXi (Rs.7.41 Lakhs). Thanks Ford for listening to the customers. Now please also get rid of those el cheapo plastics on the interiors.

new fiesta.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
That's a nice move. Fiesta is a great driver's car, the price was steering people away. How much is the price difference?
There’s a difference of one-lakh rupees in the Petrol base variant. Earlier Petrol Style used to cost Rs.8.24 Lakhs as opposed to new Ambiente, which costs Rs.7.23 Lakhs. But Diesel has marginal cut. Earlier Style Diesel and Titanium + Diesel were sold at Rs.9.28 Lakhs and Rs.10.43 Lakhs whereas now the same variants cost Rs.8.99 Lakhs and 9.99 Lakhs respectively.

Drive Safe,
350Z

There’s a difference of one-lakh rupees in the Petrol base variant. Earlier Petrol Style used to cost Rs.8.24 Lakhs as opposed to new Ambiente, which costs Rs.7.23 Lakhs. But Diesel has marginal cut. Earlier Style Diesel and Titanium + Diesel were sold at Rs.9.28 Lakhs and Rs.10.43 Lakhs whereas now the same variants cost Rs.8.99 Lakhs and 9.99 Lakhs respectively.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes they could have done slightly better on the diesel, given the waiting elsewhere they could have capitalised.nevertheless a good move, i think Ford has publicly admitted it goofed up pricing.

i also think this is the beginning of the end of the classic fiesta!

Fiesta Classic is just serving as a stop-gap car for Ford until the replacement (Figo based) rolls in.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes, since the Ikon is now out, it is kept to flush out the gap which other manufacturers have filled with likes of Swift Dzire. I fear its prices are gonna drop again. [frustration]

ford got everything wrong with fiesta from starting..they still not gonna sell it. whose gonna buy over city and verna??
Buddy I don't quite agree with you there. I know there are flaws with the interiors of Fiesta but someone who loves to drive and knows how a vehicle should behave, he/she would definitely love the Fiesta. Its a pure bliss to a driver(this segment). Neither City or Verna come even close to it in handling (IMO).

Ford has actually put the first foot wrong with it, lets see if they are able to step out of the ditch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, very good move from ford. except city no car is close to fiesta why ford wont give two airbag and abs like city in ambient ?

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
I was browsing through Ford India website, which suddenly popped up about the random survey. I proceeded and then found some interesting questions which shows that Ford seems to be worried from the competitors and is collecting audience’s opinions about Fiesta.

Ford Survery.png

Ford Survery 1.png

Ford Survery 2.png

Ford Survery 3.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
Another Update: It seems that Ford is now offering the front armrest as standard with New Fiesta 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I still feel the diesel is overpriced.
The best thing they could do is reduce prices further and place ads in local newspapers.
This will act as a silent acknowledgement of their pricing goofup.
And with fords general perception that their spares being costly, they can do a chevrolet (0 service costs schemes) or do some similar schemes for people to trust in their brands.

Top Bottom