Need Help To Decide On a New Car - Booked Fiesta!

Hey that's a nice pick! Congrats for the new car. I would say, your dad is wise [:)] Fiesta is far better a choice than the accent which is in the last era of its life!

I would suggest you not to change to alloy till you finish the warranty period. Once that is over, you may consider changing to the Alloy and Tyre to a higher profile one.

350Z

Core Team
Hey Interceptor,
Many Congratulations on your Ford Fiesta, Its a nice choice.
Take the car for a long drive and you will definitely go "Fida"!.
But why is Ford not giving any discounts? Does any one of your family member is in Govt. Job? If yes then you can get some discounts.
Also, Do Ask for accessories, The dealers are very clever so you need to be tricky to deal with them.

Intreceptor said:
I have been in a total dilemma and confusion for the past 3 weeks and I have lost sleep for the past 3 days...on making a decision to buy a new car.
Finally now you can sleep soundly.[:)]
All the best and Congratulations again!and hey don't forget to post Initial Review of your car with pics and dealership experience if possible, It will help many buyers out there like you.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #33
@shynish: Thanks Buddy. Its not a bad idea to wait for 3 years and then change the alloys and Tyres.

@350Z: Thanks for all the inputs which were provided. I did had a good sound sleep and i am awake now to prepare the PDI checklist for checking the vehicle in the stock yard.

Ford is charging me for Teflon coating, floor mats & Mud flaps (Rs3250).

Hey Interceptor,
All the best and Congratulations again!and hey don't forget to post Initial Review of your car with pics and dealership experience if possible, It will help many buyers out there like you.

Drive Safe!
350Z
You bet, there are more to come before purchase and there would require all your help in case if the dealer is trying to give some gyan.[thumbswink]

Arun

Suspended
Hey Interceptor!
Congratulations for your new ride!!
I don't think Ford should be charging you for the floor mats. The teflon coat how ever will be charged for under all circumstances.

In my opinion do not go for alloys straight away. Let your tires wear out and install alloys when you are upgrading to better footwear.

Hope you enjoy this beauty and treat it well!! Wishing you luck and many happy miles on the Fiesta!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Congratz Interceptor!

You finally got the best ride!

That deal is quite cheap for Antirust coating! They charged 3500 for i10 :)

And share your Buying experience & where did you get the car from ?

MPL or some other dealer ?

Thread Starter #38
@Arun,Neil,Zinam & Sriharsha - Thank you buddies..

@Zinam - I am getting it from MPL as they have their service centre near my place Velachery...Even i was surprised when MPL guys told me that Antirust coating is Rs2800, bcoz one of my friend did the coating for Rs3000 for Indica Vista in concorde and he quoted that other dealers were charging 3500 and since concorde was charging only Rs3000 he had it done.
Let me wait till the delivery date. And then would give the actual price... Until i have it done i would not believe that price :)

Thats really a great price & MPL is the best dealer in chennai!

He has many service centres around city! thats a good choice :)

Interceptor,hey congrats buddy, fiesta is a wise decision and you surely wont regret it, infact just let it come on your hands and you'll know why its called drivers car.Keep updating with your dealer experience and delivery report.Post pictures at its time.

350Z

Core Team
Interceptor,
You can now replace "(Space For Newbie)" with "Ford Fiesta" in your signature now.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #44
It is getting delayed bcoz of me. I am yet to submit the application for the lease plan and positively i would submit it tomorrow. 4 days from the date of submission i can have my keys. 9th is an auspicious day but i dont think the paper work would be completed before that and the dealer had requested for one more day after the paperwork is done for him to complete the PDI & some registration formalities as i am applying for a special number. if i am unable to make it by 9th then it would be either 14th or 16th.

Blame me for the delay. My beauty is ready and getting dirty & dusty in the stock yard. I had clicked one photo when i went to the stock yard for a initial PDI and there were 3 beauties of same color waiting over there. I have written down the allocation number and i have verified all the 3 cars and there were no scratched or dents (Thank God..this is too easy). I am using my office laptop and they have installed a DLP program which will catch me if i connect any USB devices..my desktop has not been used for a while and its not booting ... once the desktop is up and running i would upload this pic.

Thread Starter #45
Update: All paper work done and registration planned for Monday.Today i did the PDI check on the vehicle and not much of issues noted apart from some blue stain on the front seat and dirt in the floor and door panels, which should be due to the longer stay of the car in stockyard. VIN number translates to Aug 2009 manufactured vehicle. I have some questions though

1. The remote lock is integrated into the key and only one key with remote is available, the duplicate key does not have the remote and it just a plain one. Any idea if this is correct and someone throw some light after checking with your friends if possible.

2. Will there be a Aux out in Ford Fiesta's stock headunit?

3. Tyres are manufactured in Week 34 of 2009 so good to go there as well.

4. Front Left door handle seems to be somewhat tight to open. Is this normal?

Point 1 needs a quick attention as the registration would happen by Monday, please help before Monday.

Top Bottom