Need Advice : Tyres Upgrade, Ford Figo TDCi ZXi

Thread Starter #1
Hello folks,

I somehow landed on this forum. All thanks to my good fortune, it did not turn out to be a project in itself :)

I have booked a Ford Figo TDCi, ZXi and would be going for delivery once I come back to India in two weeks. The dealer has got the car and I have been told I am getting 'Apollo' tyres as stock.

I wish to go for better rubber, though it may not imply a size-upgrade. Hence, my size would be 175/65 R14 or 185/65 R14 at max.

Here are my queries :
1. Which is better XM1+ or Yokohama A Drive ?
2. Any other brand/model, which I should consider ?
3. What would be the price of these tyres ?
4. Since I am planning to replace them on the first day itself, how much should I expect from my Apollo Tyres ?
5. Would mu warranty be void if I consider 185/65 R14 ?

Cheers,
rishim

Re: Need Advice : Tyres Upgrade, Ford Figo TDCi,Zxi

Hi rishim,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Congrats for you Figo.

As for your query i would first like to know what kind of roads would your Figo be commuting on? If the roads are in fine conditions, then go ahead with XM1 which provide amazing ride comfort with minimum tire noise.
I dont have the exact details of the pricing, will get back with details soon.

A for the warranty, yes tire upsizing may void warranty since it does affect suspension if not done wisely.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks Akash. I would be driving on City(60%)+Highway(40%) Pune roads.So, mostly the roads are good.

cheers,
rishim

Hi rishim,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Congrats for you Figo.

As for your query i would first like to know what kind of roads would your Figo be commuting on? If the roads are in fine conditions, then go ahead with XM1 which provide amazing ride comfort with minimum tire noise.
I dont have the exact details of the pricing, will get back with details soon.

A for the warranty, yes tire upsizing may void warranty since it does affect suspension if not done wisely.
Is it true ?

I mean, If i buy Punto Emotion and upgrade to 195 profile tyres, warrenty would be void ? Whereas, company themselves offer upgraded profile tyre in E Pk.

175 / 70 R14 Emotion
195 / 60 R15 Emotion Pack

Welcome rishim!

of the two , both are same priced almost
yoko A drive can be picked of the two , saves some hundreds in a tyre.

selling Apollo is tough job as it will sell off for lowest rate.
better to sell through classifieds or give them to any of your friend if they need.

hope zxi comes with steel rims?
if so 185/60 will be perfect upgrade.

First of all congratulations for your Figo! And now coming to the tyres go ahead with XM1+ if you don mind spending few extra bucks , else if tight on budget A-Drives are also good.

I think XM1+ goes to about Rs.4200 per tyre and A-drives around Rs.3800 per tyre.

Have no idea about the rest of your queries.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks everyone.

ok. here is an update. I called up a local dealer in Pune and he agreed to replace all the tyres with XM1+ for about 5500/-. Does it sound like a good deal ?

Also, my next question would be on alloys. Do I buy the dull alloys from Ford or should I go for other brands and what about the warranty in that case ?

cheers,
rishim

Hmmm yes i think that's a good deal.

Go for after-market alloys , they will enhance the looks of your car greatly , choose one which suits your car's color well. I think it may void warranty but no issues , you wont face any trouble.

Hi, can someone suggest on replace of tires for my Figo, its done 40,000 now i replaced the stock tires with Yokohama A drive 185/60 14 now its time for me to change again am planning to upgrade it to 15R 185/60 or 185/55 pls suggest me is this advice able going for this upgrade? I will also be going for alloys this time.

Top Bottom