My Sexy Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea

350Z

Core Team
You did that absolutely right but hope the car was not accessorised much until now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Autopilot, first of all many congratulattions for your car, and sorry to hear about that incident. Just maintain your stand and DO NOT take the delivery of that car. Make sure you get a new car in any case. If they do not co-opreate, elevate the matter to the higher officials at Fiat India. Please go through this thread for contact details of Senior Fiat India officials: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uto-sector-contact-information-directory.html

Congratulations Autopilot and really sad to note about the incident. However, as Akash and others have suggested maintain your ground. I am sure things will improve.

All the best.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #19
Friends,
Very warmful to see all your support and care.Well,the progress..(should I say progress)is "I cannot get a new car".As dhaya pointed out car is already registered and also accessorised. I wanted to be tough but I understood the staff would get penalised heavily for the cause if the situation escalated.The dealer requested and promised best of workmanship and a few goodieslike imitation leather seat cover(which is nothing but artificial leather.But I was said leather interior),anticorrosion under chassy treatment,replacement of OE speakers with component speaker( a good one). I had come down because of staff.I donot want his pain carried in my car.Also my brother insisted that good the unfortunate thing happened in showroom and not to have any curse of staff.Lets move on...
More over,It was a real monkey on my back...wanted to get rid of this problem soon..So with prayers and hope for good I forgive and forget the incident.I am taking delivery in two-three days time.
Will post pictures of car accessories and my opinions and feel soon as I take the car...Thank you guys .. so much.

Thread Starter #20
TATA showing its un-professionalism at its very best! I see you are from Chennai , where have you booked the car?

If the car is registered to you then is it possible to demand a new car? I think no!

Dhaya,
I booked it from Tafe reach.Except for this incident. they were too good.Very receptive, adaptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Autopilot, Welcome to TAI.
This is sheer negligence on part of Fiat.

What was he trying to do with screw driver on new car.[anger]

You should really escalate the matter, today it was you next time other guy.

So don't fall as prey to their excuses.

Thread Starter #22
Friends,
For soft hearted I am I gave up my stand and took delivery of my car yesterday,dumping the bitter incident behind.My black beauty looks more beautiful.She was destined for me.Well,I could not go to take delivery but my bro-in-law and my wife.
I checked the car and did a preliminary inspection and was satisfactory except two minor problem(one of vanity mirror lamp fused,door unlock lever in LH front door loose and with play).I have to take it to showroom to get them fixed.
I am going to give my complete experience in two hours time...with photos..I need to drop my daughter to school...

Thread Starter #23
well here goes my experience...:
1 . Deciding on fiat linea: My previous cars...first car:Fiat palio,Second car: Ford fiesta.Both were second hand cars.Reason for new car: I got cheated.My ford fiesta had a accident history with major repair which was hidden and sold to me.But the vehicle was absolute wonder to drive.With 1.6 petrol it was real fun.But the mileage was eating my pocket and wanted to chamge it to diesel.When I came to know the accident history,it added to my reason to change my car...BUT ONLY NEW CAR.
My options were 1.New ford fiesta 2.Old shape ford fiesta 3.New fluidic verna 4.Fiat linea 5.Volkswagen vento.
I spent enough time reading reviews in magazine and net.I test drove all the vehicles.
New fiesta: Ride quality was fabulous.Signature ford comfort,pleasure.But I was really shocked and disappointed at the interior qulaity and space.It was full let down.Though a fan of ford,it was a full stop for ford.Price was high but definitely not value for money..Thought of going for old fiesta shape..but felt buying something at 10 lacs which is getting phased out is of no use...so ford is dead.
Verna: Beauty...shape and interiors very impressive..price was also felt rightly priced.Engine was much refined and powerful.Driving though not as comfy as ford..but good enough.But had poor reviews of handling and stability issues in high speeds..As per me it is definitely important factor as I would be driving in highway often.Still I was almost going to buy verna..But in the showroom the sales service was at such high pedestal as they were selling hot cakes.No time for customers.No requests listened and also waiting period of 6 months.May be if salesman spent quality time with me I would paid advance then..But I felt its good that I did not buy because my friend who has a fluidic verna said that at high speed he is not confident of the car..

Vento: A good car..neat shape...But interiors and features not corelate with the price tag.Drive was good..Stability excellent..Everythings good about the car BUt lacks feautures and luxury of car of this price.No value for money.I said no....

Fiat linea: Had fell in love at first sight.The shape I really love...Bit of contemporary and modern design.It was a style statement matching my personality.It the elegance of a luxury car.Interiors were definitely far beyond fiesta,vento and little less or as good as verna..( for me verna is best).Value for money..This is the one(It was costing me 1.5 lacs less than verna).Look at the build strength..Only vento can stand next to it.You have to feel it..Some reviews said steering too close for comfort..but I did not feel so..Test drive was good..But driving comfort not as good as ford.The power was definitely a bit less..Particularly felt in second gear..but later its ok..It is said after 2000 rpm it really powers up.I felt I am sitting in a much expensive and strong car.Suspensions,steering feedback,stability were one of the best..

I decided Fiat linea for VFM,Strong Built,Good interiors,great interiors,...and I fell in love at first sight..I compromised on less power,worrysome after sales service of tata.
I got my Fiat linea multijet diesel top end emotion pack on road for 9.7 lacs,with extended warranty,free insurance,few accessories like mats,mud flaps,neck cushion,door guards,Door sills..Because of goof up done by dealer which i narrated earlier,I was further given with 'Imitation leather' seat covers,Anti rust under chassy coating, component speakers replacing all OE speakers...

Thread Starter #24
Dealership experience: Dealer Tafe reach mount road chennai

First when I entered the show room feel was good.But the sales girl was not very responsive.May be she thought I am not one of those potential buyers.She was not technically sound.I just booked for test drive and walked home.Test drive vehicle came home.After happy with test drive..I went again to bargain...Then on we started to have a very friendly relation..Sales team was very co-operative,responsive,flexible and really caring.I brought another customer in form of my friend who also booked a linea(base model).Special mention for Mr.Hari and Mr.Ajith in accessories dept.We had long discussions of knowledge sharing..very repsonsive.Ms.Lavanya in sales was very receptive.But in negative side...They are all poor in technical knowledge,skill..Need to be trained..
Accessorising Linea: For the beauty she is,she deserved good accessories.I added door sill firstly a normal one..but saw a illuninated door sill..loved it..hence chose.My friend felt a need to have a rear view camera.Hence decided to have one.Now where to have the display..Linea does not allow doubble din fix.Mine comes with OE music system with blue & me.Options were
--go away with OE system and go for custom single din system and loose blue & me.(18000rs) or modify console to put double din 7 inch screen/dvd player voiding warranty.
--Map my India navigator with rear camera support(19500 rs)
--Found a chinese make monitor(But a good one with warranty) with in built GPS rcvr,maps of India,software,Bluetooth,card slot,mp3 reading capability,video playing capability,FM and with rear camera support.( for 8000 rs).Whole monitor portable,rechargeable,comes with attaching mechanism on windscreen(Airlock)

As I always wanted to have GPS in my car..last option felt best and value for money hence bought the same..will give deeper review about the same once I use it more..

It must have been tough decision to take, but yes no points fighting on to something which at the root is illogical. You got a good deal there. Post some pics pls. I really am interested in seeing a linea in black [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
Now Some images...not great ones..But would click later some good ones to upload...

Attachments

Thread Starter #27
Will give pictures of illuminated door sill,GPS navigator,Reverse camera etc after two days...My first feel review of linea as well...

Awesome. So as I thought the car looks absolutely brilliant in Black. Feels like silent beast[:)]

Now waiting for the ownership review!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Brilliant pictures, it would be good if you upload the pictures directly here.
Sorry.
Honestly I did not know how to attach directly here.When I select insert image it asks for URL. If anyone could guide me?[confused]

Top Bottom