My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello Friends,

How are you all? Hope your well and enjoying life with your car(s). [:)]

Today I bought new wiper blades from Bosch dealer. Model: Clear Advantage, Size: 24" and 14", Cost: Rs. 760/-

Installed already and they are looking very decent. Quality is good but need to see its durability on summer days.

After installation:

View attachment 141293

Box:

View attachment 141294
View attachment 141295

Stock wiper blade sizes (Bosch wiper box has a scale printed!):

View attachment 141296
View attachment 141297

Well, the keys of Honda City are immobilizer based, not just laser cut.

In-case of lost spare key,
One has to buy a new key,
Laser cut the blade like original key,
Then put the original key into the car key socket and the spare (new) key tied to it,
Using ECU software, reprogram the keys settings,

By doing this, first ECU keys settings gets cleared and then some code present in the keys gets stored back into the ECU and that specific keys can only start the engine.

This thing can only be done by those who have ECU programming system and software. Mostly car dealers and some 3rd party car service centers, but its a risky job. Better if done only by experts.

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks for the information.

Dr, by any chance did you try to convert the City normal keys to Flip keys like one comes with Verna
I was planning to do so... even met one guy from Gurgaon to do it. But suddenly that guy raised the price before doing it so I just cancelled. Now planing to order blank keys from aliexpress.com and do it myself. Its kind of gamble but yes planing to do it.

But in my case I not doing anything to actual key(original honda key) instead I m planing to convert my gear lock key. I gave a thought of doing it for car key but then even after converting that car key to flip key. The Gear lock key will always be hanging. I have habit of locking my car(gear lock) even if I getting out of car for 1 min.(Unless I m near to car).

So I have to choose between which key need to converted to flip key. I m planing for gear lock key. So even if my gamble goes wrong I m not causing big hole in my pocket. [:D]

Now come to actual answer. Yes its possible to convert Honda key to flip key(even if you have any model(EMT/SMT)

Contact here, these guys are professional and they will convert your key to flip key and you dont need to visit just courier them your keys and pay (Around 2-2.5k)
https://www.facebook.com/FlipKeysIndia

Dr, I have two questions
1. From where you sourced ONR (read your detailing thread)
2. Link for key chain you posted displays a pouch with Hyundai logo (but your picture shows honda)
You are such a gem to guide others without any hesitation.

Dr,

Want to know few details about ANHC 2012.

1. Do we have Auto door locks when vehicle on move?. as its not locking in mine.
2. Does the Car gets locked if left for a minute without locking?.
3. Is it possible to make the windows roll up automatically while locking through company provided remote.

Dr,

Want to know few details about ANHC 2012.

1. Do we have Auto door locks when vehicle on move?. as its not locking in mine.
2. Does the Car gets locked if left for a minute without locking?.
3. Is it possible to make the windows roll up automatically while locking through company provided remote.
1. Nope.

2. Yes it does lock but only if you don't open the door after unlock from the car key remote. If you open any of the door, it won't lock again automatically. i.e car is parked and is locked, you press unlock button on the remote but you won't open any of the doors for a min, then the doors gets locked again.

3. No idea but I read, its not easy as other cars to install.

Aftermarket like autocop and etc, Comes with all the features including the three you asked above. You may install it but not recommended. It requires wire striping which may cause malfunction and voids warranty.

Last edited:
HI,
I am really not happy with the headlight bulbs of my new city.
Will be doing a highway trip next week so need an upgrade for the bulbs urgently.
Kindly suggest.

go for philips xtreme vison
Are you sure about it?

Because its rated at 60/55w and colour temp 3000K. Nearly same to stock bulbs.

I don't think there will be much difference

HI,
I am really not happy with the headlight bulbs of my new city.
Will be doing a highway trip next week so need an upgrade for the bulbs urgently.
Kindly suggest.
@harry10, if you need best visibility I suggest going for 90+ watt bulbs but I'm not sure whether they need relay on Honda City. However, they are illegal in some places.

Last edited:
Are you sure about it?

Because its rated at 60/55w and colour temp 3000K. Nearly same to stock bulbs.

I don't think there will be much difference

@harry10, if you need best visibility I suggest going for 90+ watt bulbs but I'm not sure whether they need relay on Honda City. However, they are illegal in some places.
Yes 60/55W is like stock bulbs only. I read somewhere better upgrade will be 90/100. Is that correct? Which ones in that i need to buy and what about the relay?

Yes 60/55W is like stock bulbs only. I read somewhere better upgrade will be 90/100. Is that correct? Which ones in that i need to buy and what about the relay?
Thats right. 90+ watt bulbs are best for Highway rides but don't go above 100 or 110 since they may melt the ceramic holders and etc.

I have not tired bulbs that require relay so couldn't suggest you but osram and philips are best brands. You should better wait for some one who has actually tried and responds you.

Also note; Higher the color temperature, lesser the light and lesser the color temperature, more reddish/yellowish light. So stay within 3000 to 4000k +/- 200.

I have philips Diamond Vision rated 55/60w and colour temp 5000k. Its the worst bulb in providing sufficient light but the excellent in looks, i.e like HID. [:D]

Last edited:
1. Nope.

2. Yes it does lock but only if you don't open the door after unlock from the car key remote. If you open any of the door, it won't lock again automatically. i.e car is parked and is locked, you press unlock button on the remote but you won't open any of the doors for a min, then the doors gets locked again.

3. No idea but I read, its not easy as other cars to install.

Aftermarket like autocop and etc, Comes with all the features including the three you asked above. You may install it but not recommended. It requires wire striping which may cause malfunction and voids warranty.
Thanks a lot Cracing

Top Bottom