My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello,

I have received the first order package today. Items were 4x5050 T10 SMDs 4 pcs and 18x5630 Panels 2 pcs. They were ordered on 26th March. Attaching items snapshot below. (Panels are for interior & boot, T10s are for License plate & spare)

@Dr MUDHAN, please advice me where to buy original 3M Double Side Tape online within India. How about this one? Can I go for it?
Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #424

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

ABOUT DOUBLE SIDE TAPES​

3M TAPE.jpg

Buying an original 3M double side tape online is really challenging one. There are different versions of 3M tapes coded with specific numbers for specific purpose available abroad.

Different versions for different purpose (Bonding Strength):

REFER LINK:
Product Catalog:*3M

I understand, our 3M India is at present not producing ‘ Made in India ‘ and generally the market is having stock around 2 years old.
REFER LINK: http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/portal/3M/en_IN/3M_Automotive/OEMs/Product_Center/Prod_Catalog/

The link you have indicated is the cheapest, available in ebay.in at present even compared to Snapdeal.

EBAY.IN LINK: 3M

SNAPDEAL LINK: 3M India: Buy 3M Products Online @ Best Prices | Snapdeal

This one appears to be still cheaper, provided made in India original with hologram logo on the blister pack.
Buy DOUBLE TAPE 3M Online at Best Price in India - Tradus.com

I have used the following brands:

MICRO, white double adhesive tape.
Pros- easily available, good, cheap Cons: thick, white visible, tough if you want to remover residues .

NIPPON, Black double adhesive tape.
Pros- easily available, thin as 3M, very good, cheap Cons: tough if you want to remove residues.

3M BRAND:

Recently I purchased from a local shop @ Chennai ( after I came to know from my auto electrician as the same is not available at auto accessories stores easily) original , one inch 3M DS Tape for general auto mobile purpose in a sealed blister pack, made in India @ Rs.265/-, of course manufactured 20 months before.

1. I also felt that it is better to paste first on the base or one side, leave few hours so that the removal of non-sticky red wrap (red polyethylene release liner imprinted with the 3M logo) is easy with the help of a paper cutter blade tip.

2. After affixing the accessory, it is better to hold one minute by giving adequate pressure.

3. It works well if you warm the area by a hair dryer and apply the tape there after.

4. Of course, preparation of the site by cleaning with soap solution / alcohol is primary.

While buying, focus on the original quality pack, breadth and length of the tape & compare the price.

Last edited:
@Dr MUDHAN Thanks for detailed guide. 3M is like Casio. Lot of fakes around. The one in tradus looks good but I have no experience with that site to trust. Gotta buy once and see it.

I needed it for sticking panels I bought, because the one came with panel is worst quality and thick.

However, I have fixed the panels for time being. Checkout the attached snapshots below. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey friends,

Today there was heavy rain here and I was suck in middle of road. Was driving my car at 50-60ish and I heard some repeated noise coming from front wheels. Once on the passenger side wheel and few times on my side (driver). I couldn't open the window or park the vehicle aside to look whats happening outside because of heavy rain. Instead I slowed down the vehicle but if I speed again, the noise used to come back. Later after reaching home, I physically checked and everything was fine. No Tyre punctures, broken parts nor tree branch suck under body.

Anybody faced such issue? Do you think that noise is of water splashing while driving high speed?

I have driven this vehicle nearly 100 km/h and never any issues but this was my first driving on heavy rain.

Hope my car is fine.

Thanks...
Best Regards
This month went to my native town(which is 1100km away one side) reached there in 24 hours drive. Had none of the issue and car was super smooth on highway due to recent service and oil change... when reached there I suddenly stopped car to save chicken crossing road. The road was just recarpated few hour ago and had lots of fine dust on it. When I started to move same noise as you told, I was so worried as there is no honda service center and I didnt wanted to take her to any unauthorized service center but out of choice took u turn and headed to service center. Then I thought well what happened for suddenly got sure about that dust which might have caught between disk pads which was making noise so tried to breaking 2-3 times and noise reduced and then try to go faster and faster then its gone. after that I came back another 1100km trip with speed between 80-120km. No issue touch wood, ANHC is best machine [:D]

Dr. Sir - Have a question on LED lights. I changed my cabin light to LED last week. Though the illumination is good and much much brighter than the OE set up, I am not happy with the arrangement. It's just hanging and not fixed. As per the accessories guy, Figo doesn't have a holder to keep the LED fixed. Please refer to the pic.

2014-04-26 18.22.44.jpg

Moreover, it appears illuminated, just like dots even when not switched on. Something to worry about? Refer to the pic. However, it's not the same when the switch is in off mode, but only in Door Mode.

Brightness looks good.

2014-04-26 18.22.55.jpg

However, I want a set up like this. Done by fellow forum user, LEDs on both sides. But the accessory guy is denying the possibility. Probably, he don't know how it's done. Any idea?

IMG_0068.JPG

Thread Starter #428

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Figoian

Dr. Sir - Have a question on LED lights. I changed my cabin light to LED last week. … I am not happy with the arrangement. It's just hanging and not fixed. ..Moreover, it appears illuminated, just like dots even when not switched on… Any idea?
The issues here:

1. You need two sets of LEDs tiles which are to be pasted on right & left sides within the housing by taking a current line through festoon adapters. The supply should be from centre, from one single source that is your car’s original Festoon socket, you only need to remove the origional bulb and no need to remove the bulb socket. First identify the original socket to get the supply. If the OE socket is removed by him, you have no other choice either to refit the socket or get current supply from the cut wires. The two LEDs tiles to be interconnected either through serial or parallel connection whichever makes both the bulbs lit together.

2. No car cabin light housing has holders for LEDs Tiles and fixing the LEDs tile with double side is very easy on both the sides. It should never be allowed to hang on.

3. I understand, your led bulbs continue to get power supply as it appears illuminated, just like dots even when not switched on. This indicates wrong inputs of power ( Earthing issue? ) or a short circuit within the bulb circuit components. Check the supply line or check by changing the LEDs bulb. It should not be allowed to continue in partially lit mode.

Please also read page 11 / 24th December 2013 of this thread.

4. You can do it yourself or better find out a good auto electrician @ Bangalore and correct it at the earliest. If you are in Chennai, PM me I will tell you a good auto electrician.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thanks Dr. My comments are inline.

1. You need two sets of LEDs tiles which are to be pasted on right & left sides within the housing by taking a current line through festoon adapters. The supply should be from centre, from one single source that is your car’s original Festoon socket, you only need to remove the origional bulb and no need to remove the bulb socket. First identify the original socket to get the supply. If the OE socket is removed by him, you have no other choice either to refit the socket or get current supply from the cut wires. The two LEDs tiles to be interconnected either through serial or parallel connection whichever makes both the bulbs lit together.
Yes. That's exactly what I asked him, but he said it's not possible in Figo's cabin light. Guess, I need to find a better guy. He didn't remove the OE socket.

2. No car cabin light housing has holders for LEDs and fixing the LEDs tile with double side is very easy on both the sides. It should never be allowed to hang on.
He said, Swift has, I am not sure though. I totally disliked the idea of hanging it and asked him to stick it at least with DS Tape. He denied saying, it won't last long.

3. I understand, your led bulbs continue to get power supply as it appears illuminated, just like dots even when not switched on. This indicates wrong inputs of power or a short circuit within the bulb circuit components. Check the supply line or check by changing the LEDs bulb. It should not be allowed to continue in partially lit mode.
That's what I was scared off too. Would it draw too much of power? However, it's been more than 10 days I have installed it.

4. You can do it yourself or better find out a good auto electrician @ Bangalore and correct it at the earliest. If you are in Chennai, PM me I will tell you a good auto electrician.
Yes. I will have to find a better guy. No plans of Chennai for now. But if so, will give you a buzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
[3. I understand, your led bulbs continue to get power supply as it appears illuminated, just like dots even when not switched on. This indicates wrong inputs of power ( Earthing issue? ) or a short circuit within the bulb circuit components. Check the supply line or check by changing the LEDs bulb. It should not be allowed to continue in partially lit mode.
No sir, actually this is normal thing that happens with LEDs. Its because there will be minor current leakage in the switch which inturn LED glows up but dim, because leds produce light at extremely low currents. You can say its the quality of switches, the better the quality, the less the leakage. [:)] Or the switch design

@Figoian You can go ahead and check all the wiring's but I doubt there will be anything else that is causing the issue. I don't think you have to worry about it.

These things should be done by our self's to get a perfect look. The guy you seek, I think has not got different types of LED panels so you'll have to find different shops.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
No sir, actually this is normal thing that happens with LEDs. Its because there will be minor current leakage in the switch which inturn LED glows up but dim, because leds produce light at extremely low currents. You can say its the quality of switches, the better the quality, the less the leakage. [:)] Or the switch design

@Figoian You can go ahead and check all the wiring's but I doubt there will be anything else that is causing the issue. I don't think you have to worry about it.

These things should be done by our self's to get a perfect look. The guy you seek, I think has not got different types of LED panels so you'll have to find different shops.

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks CRACING. I am fine if that's not a point of concern.

Yes, I guess, I had chosen a wrong guy. Even, I wasn't happy with the Vinyl / PVC Flooring he did (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...615-vinyl-car-flooring-figo-5.html#post381615). As you said, we should do it our self to get it to our liking. However, I am confident on these things... Will find a better guy.

Sir, I have become a fan of you and your thread and gained a lot knowledge from your detailed writeups.
I too am planning to get some LEDs for parking lights, interior lights, etc.
Will fitting these void the Warranty?
Thank You

Thanks CRACING. I am fine if that's not a point of concern.

Yes, I guess, I had chosen a wrong guy. Even, I wasn't happy with the Vinyl / PVC Flooring he did (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...615-vinyl-car-flooring-figo-5.html#post381615). As you said, we should do it our self to get it to our liking. However, I am confident on these things... Will find a better guy.
OK best of luck. [:)]

Sir, I have become a fan of you and your thread and gained a lot knowledge from your detailed writeups.
I too am planning to get some LEDs for parking lights, interior lights, etc.
Will fitting these void the Warranty?
Thank You
Simple, as long as you don't damage OE's (Original Equipment's), you don't have to worry about warranty. You can also seek the same from your car/bike service center to be more confident because sometimes it depends up service centers. If warranty is concerned for the mod you do, you can simply revert back to original state as long as you don't damage OE's.

Thread Starter #434

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
No sir, actually this is normal thing that happens with LEDs. It’s because there will be minor current leakage in the switch which in turn LED glows up but dim…

Thanks CRACING.

Yes. LEDs leave faint light when turned off. If it is few seconds, may be due to temporary electrostatic effect of inbuilt capacitors. No issues.

IMO, permanent faint light cannot be just ignored that may be due to leakage of current even if it is in micro amperes. The reasons may be - When the neutral is not bonded to the earth or even may be due to Induction from other cables that run along. The common cause, as you rightly said faulty power supply in switch.

At home, I doubly check the power supply points whether there is leakage of current with Tester in off mode. To my surprise, I have found some of the faulty switches & I changed them as they are supplying current to my hi-tech electronic gadgets. Such faulty switches / improper earthing system can even give us shock while touching the electronic equipment like home PC.

However, in Figoian case, I don’t find anything alarming. Such micro leakage will never drain the 12 volt battery and at most it could reduce the life of Leds.

But, it is better to check the line and the switch. Because continuous glowing of LEDs even if it dim won’t look nice. Of course, if it is due to induction, the choice is his, whether to keep continuous lit LEDs or OE bulb.

Sir, I have become a fan of you and your thread and gained a lot knowledge …

Dear Prakritij

Thanks for being with me in the thread. Sometimes I wonder whether the thread is going well as I never get responses except from few of my friends who are here always with me. Your comments make me to think that I have many invisible fans and friends who like my write ups. Thanks for your encouragements. Keep visiting.

Regarding LED Bulbs warranty issue, CRACING has nicely and appropriately responded to you on my behalf. As they are just plug and play you need not worry except you have to be careful with certain things like LED scuff plates . Don’t miss to enjoy the exciting technology.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:

Because continuous glowing of LEDs even if it dim won’t look nice.
Dr MUDHAN
Yes Sir. I wouldn't like to have it that way. Rather, the dull OE bulb is better in that way. However, saw a couple of pics of others have it done on their Figo, like the one I shared earlier. It looks so nice. So, I won't agree with the point said by that accessory guy that, this is the best possible in Figo. Will find another guy this weekend and have it changed.

Top Bottom