My KA-MH-GJ-RJ-UP-DL Trip.

Mukesh , why nitrogen?

Have a happy and safe trip sir. It will be nice if you can update the travelogue daily!
As in long drives tyre bulge a lot and gets heated.
With nitrogen, tyre expands less & good ride is ensured.

Earlier in my hawk when i used to fill 32 Psi normal air recommended by M&M.
The tyre used to bulge upto 38 psi during long drives.
The ride used to be bumpy.
When nitrogen was filled with same quantity max it comes upto 34.6 as in TPMS(Tyre pressure Monitoring System).

And you don't need to check pressure every now & then.
You need to fill it once in 3 or 4 months is what i follow.

Yes i agree but what happens in case of a sudden unexpected puncture where you will not get Nitrogen? You will have to remove Nitrogen from all tyres then and fill up normal air again. This is a rare case but still i believe its better going in with normal air. During long trips i never check air in my Safari , i don feel any bumpy ride too.

Yes i agree but what happens in case of a sudden unexpected puncture where you will not get Nitrogen? You will have to remove Nitrogen from all tyres then and fill up normal air again. This is a rare case but still i believe its better going in with normal air. During long trips i never check air in my Safari , i don feel any bumpy ride too.
In that isolated case the spare tyre would do the job.But in the hawk due to the availability of TPMS you can notice the change in pressure.

Nitrogen is said to have less moisture compared to normal air.
So longetivity of Alloys is ensured.

i have tube tyre in my safari so no problem with alloy for me :P But even i never check my tyre too while going in long trip . But will keep this in mind

Mine is also tube tyre Mukesh.

But what you said i have experienced in my Verna. The tyre pressure goes upto 38psi after some highway runs!

The reservations have been done. The countdown has started. Now, I am waiting for the D-day.
all the best j.ravi [clap] hope you return back with success in your long trip. i think you would have departed yesterday? congrats and hope you will keep updating us!

Well the latest update is that Ravi have left ahmedabad at aprox 1pm and he is on his way towards Jaipur.Would reach there around 10-11 pm tonight.Could not meet him as he arrived late yesterday and morning he was busy seeing few places, he messaged me while leaving ahmedabad and was sorry for not able to meet up,

he must be at jodhpur today. btw while thinking on this i got an idea that you could have taken help of fiat for sponsering this trip. [:)]

Thread Starter #28
Mission Accomplished.

Wish you Happy & Safe Motoring Mr.Ravi.
Keep a spare pair of bulbs for headlamp as a precautionary measure.
Can of water in the boot, to clean windshield + Shampoo.
And fill all the tyres with nitrogen. Happy & Safe Journey.
Thanks, mukeshus. I am back home yesterday at 1:24 am. I fill up my Linea's tubeless tyres with air only. No issues. At Jodhpur, I encountered a puncture, which was repaired within half-hour costing Rs 50. Of couse, I carried 1 l of spare Selenia K engine oil, one bottle of coolant and windshield cleaner fluid. Of these, I used most of the engine oil, all of the windshield cleaner fluid, but didn't touch the coolant as the level was still the same after 6148 km![thumbsup]
Have a happy and safe trip sir. It will be nice if you can update the travelogue daily!
Thanks, cooldhaya. Update has started now! [:)]
all the best j.ravi [clap] hope you return back with success in your long trip. i think you would have departed yesterday? congrats and hope you will keep updating us!
Thanks you, Umang. Started from Pune on 4 Dec 2010 [Saturday] at 12:05 pm [afternoon] and reached home at 1:24 am [night] yesterday.
Well the latest update is that Ravi have left ahmedabad at aprox 1pm and he is on his way towards Jaipur.Would reach there around 10-11 pm tonight.Could not meet him as he arrived late yesterday and morning he was busy seeing few places, he messaged me while leaving ahmedabad and was sorry for not able to meet up,
Thanks, vijay. I would definitely meet you in 2011 during my Palithana trip![;)]
Oh that's bad , Ravi sir may miss Bangalore meet too.[cry]
I will definitely participate in the next meet!
he must be at jodhpur today. btw while thinking on this i got an idea that you could have taken help of fiat for sponsering this trip. [:)]
Thanks, Umang. You have given me an idea for my next trip![:D]
I think Mr.Ravi is back.
Waiting for your travelogue.[:)]
Thank you, mukeshus. Yeah. I am back. Travelogue has already started!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
Mission Accomplished - a flash-back!

At last, my 18-day, 6148 km-long mega trip spanning across 7 states of India was completed successfully and safely.

We left Ginger Wakad, Pune, on 4 Dec 2010 [Saturday] at 12:05 pm [afternoon], had late lunch at Sai Food Court [40 minutes], just before Kolhapur, refuelled at BP COCO retail outlet, Vadgaon, had dinner at Kamat Upachar [40 minutes] and refuelled again at Reliance [I was told that now Reliance fuel price is at par with other PSU OMC's as they too are getting fuel subsidy from GoI], Chabbi, just after Hubli, refuelled for the last time at BP COCO retail outlet at Sira and reached home, sweet home, on 5 Dec 2010 [Sunday] at 1:24 am [night] after about 13.5 hours of journey including breaks. Thank god, no bottom-scraping in this entire journey of 863.7 km.

Sai Food Court offered delicious food with clean toilets and plenty of private parking space.
007.JPG 008.JPG
This photograph was clicked a few minutes after our arrival:
009.JPG
This was the distance from Ginger Wakad, Pune to our home:
010.JPG
My Fair Linea returned a FE of 13.1 kmpl for Pune-Bangalore trip:
011.JPG
I steadily maintained 100 - 130 kmph speed resulting in an average speed of 73 kmph:
012.JPG 013.JPG
The FE recorded for this mega trip of 6148 km was 12.4 kmpl including highway+city driving:
014.JPG

The flash-back will continue.

Welcome back sir. BTW i am eager to see the pics of your car. Somehow i find them the best part of travelogues.

Top Bottom