My Humble Maruti 800

Thread Starter #16
^^ Extremely sorry for the delay, will do so either today or tomorrow for sure.

Meanwhile some updates regarding parts, bought the below mentioned parts & fitted myself.

Floor Rubber kit.
LH Rear door rubber seal.
Type 3 tail lamp set Minda
Dashboard upper storage cover
Wheel cups.
Side repeaters.
Also rejuvenated the old corner lights & front park lights with some compounding & polishing.

Have been thoroughly cleaning & polishing the car since the past couple of days & the tiring job of rubbing each panel with 3M finesse it has taken a toll. Anyways atleast now it looks much better than what it was previously.

Last edited:
Hi samsag12, finally the pic's are posted ! Your car looks neat.

Has the rear bumper (left) hit by some one ? Its tilted a bit, also please change the rear mud flaps to MGP it looks much better and serves the purpose.

Thread Starter #21
Hi samsag12, finally the pic's are posted ! Your car looks neat.

Has the rear bumper (left) hit by some one ? Its tilted a bit, also please change the rear mud flaps to MGP it looks much better and serves the purpose.
Thanks Varun bhai, yes both the bumpers are damaged to the core( courtesy previous owner), will be replacing them with new ones soon, will definitely fit a new set of mud flaps then. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Thanks & for sure, we need to plan for a meet soon.
BTW do you know any shop which can help source a plastic handbrake lever grip/cover for my 800.
Handbrake lever plastic may be a bit tough to find as the complete lever is available for sale. You can visit jaiswal auto parts in lalbagh(opposite fire station). They have lots of maruti 800 parts. The neighbouring shops also have maruti spares. I'll try to find out whenever I go to the market.

What a clean car! You seem to be loving your car very much, your photo says it all. Have you replaced rear windshield? seat covers too? I am expecting Interior photos too, please do add them when you find time.

OT:
If you have holes for the rear quarter panel glass grill, please fix them. If there are no holes, skip them [;)]

Thread Starter #24
Thanks Anand bhai, yes i do love my cars ( they can be seen in background of both pics albeit covered [;)] )
I haven't replaced the rear windshield, any special reason for asking that. [:)] Regarding the seat covers, they are fixed type non-removable covers.
IIRC my car doesn't have any holes to fix the grill but it does have a fully auto security system.

Wow! you got a tank (Fiat)! where is the ownership thread for it? If you have not started one yet, start one ASAP! With plenty of photos [glasses][rules]

I asked about the windshield because its sparkling & so clean. Actually the rear quarter panel in my car has the grill, yet to fix it back though. But almost 6holes are there to fit these on each side of car.

Thread Starter #27
Wow! you got a tank (Fiat)! where is the ownership thread for it? If you have not started one yet, start one ASAP! With plenty of photos [glasses][rules]

I asked about the windshield because its sparkling & so clean. Actually the rear quarter panel in my car has the grill, yet to fix it back though. But almost 6holes are there to fit these on each side of car.
Yeah i have a Fiat a.k.a. Premier Padmini S1. Haven't started a thread here but i have a restoration thread on other forum,will PM you the link to the same today.
Regarding that Windshield, i guess it will look much better when I'll remove that Ugly sticker of dealership.
I know the importance of that grill but mine doesn't have holes & i neither plan to make them. Anyways hope to see your car boasting it soon.

Sagar bhai,

I would say very nice and cleanly maintained car, thanks for uploading the pics :)

Thanks for the appreciation GuruR.

If you dont have holes for the grills then consider yourself lucky [:)] I like the car without that grill, because mine has the holes, I have to fix it back. Yeah, please remove that sticker, it will look better.

Thread Starter #29
Some update on my car, was able to clean the blower fan unit today thanks to Varun & Shantanu bhai for bringing up this topic & motivating me to take up this job. [:)]
The foul smell of dirt is nearly gone as the amount of dirt was surprisingly a lot, guess it was never cleaned till date.
Anyways some before & after pics of the process.

Attachments

Top Bottom