My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

Thread Starter #91
Being under lockdown and myself abroad , beast is safe under dad's care .
2 weeks back , it was driven to my native place , dad alone , I think he must have had a great solo drive in empty roads[cheers][drive]
He checks N2 every month.

Thread Starter #92
Odometer- 43k
The car is driven by dad, running is moderate (Office drives, as he prefers own ride than the cab , owing to COVID if he wants to go to office), yesterday drove to native, ride performing well, had asked to check Wiper Fluid, as I guessed it was empty.

A week back was pampered with a Foam Wash at Florence Car Care Trivandrum.

Thread Starter #93
Odo-44.Xk km
A/C cooling was dropped in a recent long drive, which was told by my dad. Had dialled my trusted work supervisor here, he had come and took the vehicle to the service center yesterday. The gas level was checked, the blower was cleaned, Cabin A/c Filter was also cleaned. Nothing was charged.

As of now, the next service is due as per year.
Will be handing over by March for PMS.

Thread Starter #94
The ride had clocked 47000kms, and as per time it should have been serviced during Feb2021, but owing to Covid19, I delayed the service for the things to get better. The ride was handled by my trusted Work In-Charge at Indus Motors, Trivandrum.
I had requested him to do the jobs pertaining to PMS60 and PMS70 (Note- PMS50 was did during last service, as it was serviced based on 5 years time interval at 37000kms).
IMG_20210727_101254.jpg
IMG_20210727_101312.jpg

The amount was reasonable, but the taxes are just a ripoff.
Screenshot 2021-07-27 102007.png

Last edited:
Thread Starter #97
I am planning to change the tyres, as the ride is nearing 50k kms, and the timeline is 7 years!
What's your thought friends? Only 40% thread has been used, but you all know how MRF hardens over time. I don't want my parents to be troubled on course of highway runs by accidental punctures.

Thread Starter #98
@deville_56 bro, I had seen the reply in your thread, as I thought it was out of context from your ownership thread, hence posting here.
In my MRF, currently, there are cracks in the outer sides (Outer areas surrounding the thread areas). They aren't deep, but I don't know whether this may further aggravate as slow punctures. (ZVTV)
Currently planning for Michelin (I don't know which model I will be getting for my profile 185/65/R15). Else Bridgestone B-series (I am not sure which number Bridgestone follows now, earlier in 2018 it was B290). Goodyear you had suggested was EagleF1- but not available for my profile I think.
What about Duraplus and Assurance? Is it softer rubber or medium(Can you compare with Bridgestone and tell me, bro ?)

deville_56

Honoured Member
@deville_56 bro, I had seen the reply in your thread, as I thought it was out of context from your ownership thread, hence posting here.
In my MRF, currently, there are cracks in the outer sides (Outer areas surrounding the thread areas). They aren't deep, but I don't know whether this may further aggravate as slow punctures. (ZVTV)
Currently planning for Michelin (I don't know which model I will be getting for my profile 185/65/R15). Else Bridgestone B-series (I am not sure which number Bridgestone follows now, earlier in 2018 it was B290). Goodyear you had suggested was EagleF1- but not available for my profile I think.
What about Duraplus and Assurance? Is it softer rubber or medium(Can you compare with Bridgestone and tell me, bro ?)
No clue of Bridgestones and Good Years. Michelin XM2/XM2+ any day. Inquire what all tyres are available currently and make the decision. Heard short supply from Michelin. Yokohoma Earth is similar to Michelin XMs.

Continental got good reviews. There are CC5, MC5 and UC6 is available. UC6 is the newer model and I think the softest of the three.

Check with Nayana Tyres, Maruthankuzhi. He's transparent in opinions about tyres. He has mos Good Year models and arranges any make. He only suggested UC6 for Punto.

deville_56

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit Sir, What's your thought on Ceat Securadrive?
I had seen only through visuals, it looked great. I want to keep a backup option if Michelin as well as the other 2 aren't available.

Continental CC6 v/s Bridgestone B series (Which is your pick?) @deville_56 bro, @mayankdixit sir
Continental UltraContact > MaxiContact > Comfort contact. Bridgestone, I won't even think of [lol].

Missed out one, Yokohama S-Drive. One of the finest tyres out there, but like Michelins, S-Drive is also facing shortage.

Thread Starter #104
What's the difference between Yoko Earth1 and Blue earth @allhyundaicars sir?

Continental UltraContact > MaxiContact > Comfort contact. Bridgestone, I won't even think of [lol].

Missed out one, Yokohama S-Drive. One of the finest tyres out there, but like Michelins, S-Drive is also facing shortage.
I had shortlisted just Continental models available with my profile[cheers]. Yokohama S drive also isn't available in that profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #105
Alignment Done from Rohini Tyres Yesterday, they told not to do balancing as the thread life is low.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 11.25.44 PM.jpeg

Front Driver side Tyre

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 11.25.53 PM.jpeg

Rear Right Side

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 11.26.08 PM.jpeg

Front Left Side: Wear Indicator is seen in this picture

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 11.25.53 PM (1).jpeg

Odd Man Out- Bridgestone B290 which has clocked 28k kms

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-26 at 11.26.08 PM (1).jpeg

Apologizing for the lower pic focus and quality, as snapped by my dad.

Having another idea of throwing out my 14" Spare wheel (Apollo Amazer 4g), and using this Bridgestone b290 as the spare (2017 make, 28000kms clocked, stock profile), but I need to find 15" steel rims. Is it a wise decision or is it better to replace the spare wheel with a 14" newer cheaper MRF option?

Top Bottom