My Dream SUV XUV500

You are right lovecars the boys must be taught to drive slow but it is of no use,they always satisfy there desire of speeding the car.One day i allowed him to drive fast and end his desire and promise to drive slower next time if i don't stop him.but he drove the XUV till 180 and i was forced to stop him,actually for this we can believe them only to drive slow but cannot feed them with spoon.

the small child is looking very happy,i wish his smile remains this way throughout his life.

Thread Starter #152
You are right lovecars the boys must be taught to drive slow but it is of no use,they always satisfy there desire of speeding the car.One day i allowed him to drive fast and end his desire and promise to drive slower next time if i don't stop him.but he drove the XUV till 180 and i was forced to stop him,actually for this we can believe them only to drive slow but cannot feed them with spoon.

the small child is looking very happy,i wish his smile remains this way throughout his life.
Sure sir, blessings of elders are always so much welcome. And yes, life is very precious, one must take care of his own as well of one on roads.

Actually, somehow Youth and SUV drive make for a heady cocktail which can very easily go to head and destroy everything in a second.

Yesterday, only Sohail Khan, brother of Salman, mowed down a 70- yeard old woman to death by driving his SUV over her. That's why I believe parents should keep on counselling their children to drive Responsibly.

Last edited:
You are again right but we can check them and tell them to drive safe only till we are with them but when they are alone,I think they must learn to understand their responsibility themself,it is useless to teach them about safety and all till that time.
My son never drives bolero because he feels it useless,slow and old,my daughter never like bolero,they do not understand there parents because they feel like its good to show what they have with them.let your children grow old and you will understand all the problems we have with children in there teen age.

Thread Starter #154
You are again right but we can check them and tell them to drive safe only till we are with them but when they are alone,I think they must learn to understand their responsibility themself,it is useless to teach them about safety and all till that time.
My son never drives bolero because he feels it useless,slow and old,my daughter never like bolero,they do not understand there parents because they feel like its good to show what they have with them.let your children grow old and you will understand all the problems we have with children in there teen age.
I only partially agree with you Sir.I agree its difficult to control growing children but I started driving in my teens only, I was 15 then. I don't think I ever went rash though my father often reprimanded me if I ever crossed the limits.

Of course, with advancing age, you do slow down further but still one should never go beyond a point. Lets hope at least my children listen to me when they grow up.[:)]

A bit weird suggestion. If your children drive rash buy them games like need for speed 4. Though old but that game taught me to drive responsibly.
In that game to reach first one has to go through the race with minimal damage to the car.
The more the damage , more is the loss In power.
In my early teens this helped me judge the car while driving better. :tongue:

and i am saying this only for that specific version. Please dont get him need for speed hot pursuit or most wanted.

@Mahendra sir:Its no use until your son himself understands his responsibilities.You can teach him,but learning depends on him.BTW,I think your son is even faster than me because I seldom cross 130(my personal limit which I cross about once in 20 journeys).Let him learn it himself,and yes you need to be strict.My father once made me vehicle-less for a complete month and made me go school and tutions etc by public transport.

@LOVECARS:It looks like you people enjoyed a lot,I am waiting for more pics and yes,as usual,my favorite child of yours is again looking super naughty in those glasses.

@Superbad:Most wanted is my favorite NFS and doing pursuits in it is always fun.

Vipul,my boy you are right,but the problem is the age here,i also passed this age and i know that the energy of you teenagers is very high.It can construct a lot but can destruct even more and this only scares me.

Thread Starter #158
Just back from a short 2-day weekend Trip to Mussoorie. Before sharing my driving experience on my XUV to the Queen of hills, want to tell all that Mussoorie is looking fabulous right now.

There are monsoon clouds all over the mall road and its literally a walk through Clouds at the moment and when rain starts pouring all of a sudden, it adds to the charm. Me and my better half bought an umbrella and walked to and fro the 3km stretch on the mall in some really heavy rain in the evening and it was one of the most Romantic experiences of our life so far.

Coming back to the topic, XUV proved itself a worthy companion once again. The drive, the pick-up, the mileage, everything was simply superb. It negotiated the sharp curves every 50-100 metres on Dehradoon- Mussoorie stretch effortlessly and I wanted to go even far towards Kempty Falls but heavy landslides had blocked that route.

Already making plans for next journey.........[;)]

Thread Starter #164
love cars
what kind of mileage is the XUV giving
also howz the maintenance coming along with the running
In Delhi city, its around 11km/l, on highways, its around 14-15km/l of Diesel while manitenance so far has been quite low on pocket. I crossed 10k mark on odometer recently and haven't paid a penny on mantainence apart from oil change done at 5k mark. In fact, on my last service done few days back, I paid nothing at all. So far, a great piece of automobile to own.

Thread Starter #165
just to share, my XUV is about to complete one year and driving more than 13,000km mainly in Delhi. Of late, mileage has improved to 13.5km/l while absolutely no niggles reported as yet. Would get 3rd free service done at end of this month, maybe bit of wheel-balancing required, rest looking forward to jan,13 when I plan to go to Jaisalmer/Udaipur. Would update, thanks.

Top Bottom