Most Fuel Efficient Cars You Can Buy in India

Nano is safe - mileage depens on user

Nano on a practical note gives only 18-19 kmpl in City with AC. On highways it gives 22-24 kmpl or more, but I'm skeptical about its safety in highways.
Hi Anshuman, Nano is safer than a few other entry level hatches (atleast on a frontal collision). There are pretty strong beams in rear and underbody. Nano is less of a monocoque and built more like body on chassis. here are 2pics of my car, showing the ladder frame edges in front and back. I have seen nano's getting crushed in front (till windshield) at speeds less than 40kmph! but in all the cases I have seen so far, the cabin area is untouched.

22.png

1122.png
In city I hardly get around 17kmpl (max) but on highways I get about 20kmpl - 25kmpl with ac+3people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting a car that delivers high mileage is easy - choose a lighter car, smaller engine and drive off peak hours. But consistent delivery of mileage is one thing that is not often missed out when deciding a car.

Maruti has managed to master this game, by consistently offering cars in and around 1000kgs mark and always making them a bit more tinny & lesser in weight than competition, apart from improved aluminium engines etc.

If I have to choose a car with mileage that stays same for a long time (assuming normal maintenance is taken care of) I would still go with Maruti anyday.

Real life example:
Even an average 10yr old esteem will still manage 10kmpl, when a good condition Ikon(say 5yrs old) struggles to deliver 12kmpl. All that good build quality and heavy spares, safety features hits the mileage on the long run.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Nano is safe - mileage depens on user

Real life example:
Even an average 10yr old esteem will still manage 10kmpl All that good build quality and heavy spares, safety features hits the mileage on the long run.
My 9.5 year old Esteem gives 14.5 km/L in City and Highway is 18-19km/l without AC. In AC it still gives 12.5 to 13 km/L in City.

Regards

Akash

Re: Nano is safe - mileage depens on user

My 9.5 year old Esteem gives 14.5 km/L in City and Highway is 18-19km/l without AC. In AC it still gives 12.5 to 13 km/L in City.

Regards

Akash
May be you have maintained it well [glasses]. But yeah most Maruti's do manage decent numbers, even if condition is not so great

Top Bottom