Met with an Accident; Quite Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on situation, biker is fine and I have got in no trouble so far. Unfortunately though I got into 2 small accidents since this incident with my new car [frustration]. One being partially my fault and one hard to avoid.

In a parking 2 cars had parked to close to each other and I hit the door of one car while parking.

Then just yesterday, I was behind a slow lorry and another car overtook me and came behind the lorry and stopped suddenly. I tried to brake hard but twisted my ankle and my shoe broke and didn't stop in time.

Luckily nothing serious but my luck is not good. [confused]
Don't drive right now.The accident while parking appears parallel parking,which is to perform very slowly. While behind slow lorry,how was your speed?[cry]

Update on situation, biker is fine and I have got in no trouble so far. Unfortunately though I got into 2 small accidents since this incident with my new car [frustration]. One being partially my fault and one hard to avoid.

In a parking 2 cars had parked to close to each other and I hit the door of one car while parking.

Then just yesterday, I was behind a slow lorry and another car overtook me and came behind the lorry and stopped suddenly. I tried to brake hard but twisted my ankle and my shoe broke and didn't stop in time.

Driving in India is totally different as compared to US. Don't expect other drivers will follow traffic rules here. If your are not aware of indian driving conditions it will be better to hire a driver for your and other's safety [:)]

The roads are narrower here. Be careful while driving and parking. Dont have too much of thought process going on while driving.Little bit more awareness is required. If possible hire a driver for some time. Your mind seems to be not coming out of that accident .

Take it as a request. It is time to appoint a driver. Not only for your safety, but for others safety ! You cant drive the way you drive in US. There everyone got the patience to wait even they have to wait for 1-2 hr. Here, they can not wait even for 120 sec (2 minutes) in a signal.

Driving in India is totally different as compared to US. Don't expect other drivers will follow traffic rules here. If your are not aware of indian driving conditions it will be better to hire a driver for your and other's safety [:)]
Even we change a city in India, we see totally different driving pattern and behavior of people. Better to be very cautious until you get a little understanding the city driving condition.

Suggestion is to better forget driving as long as you are in India or do not touch the vehicle till you are in relaxed state of mind. Otherwise it will not work out here.
The worst is that the same driving habit will get carried forward to US which will result in landing in unwanted situations. Why invite unnecessary trouble? This is not an adventure also.

Don't let those people know about your visa issues.
2. As far as possible, try not to let out the fact that you are a US citizen. People cannot be trusted and the fact that you are a US citizen may work out to your disadvantage.
Not possible to hide the status as that's a vital information to file FIR. Moreover, the person is a foreigner, lawfully.

- dont mention of your NRI status to police as some may find it a good money minting oppurtunity
Icecool - Just a correction. She isn't a NRI, but foreigner.

Update on situation, biker is fine and I have got in no trouble so far.
Happy to hear that the victim is fine.

Unfortunately though I got into 2 small accidents since this incident with my new car [frustration]. One being partially my fault and one hard to avoid.

Luckily nothing serious but my luck is not good.
Take it as a request. It is time to appoint a driver. Not only for your safety, but for others safety ! You cant drive the way you drive in US. There everyone got the patience to wait even they have to wait for 1-2 hr. Here, they can not wait even for 120 sec (2 minutes) in a signal.
As rightly mentioned by Appus, it's highly recommended for you to get a driver. India ain't an easy place to drive, be it any city. Apart from your own safety, there are many more on the road. So, please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom