Mazda Entering in India with Mazda 2 Hatchback

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
With Peugeot-Citroen almost entering India, its Mazda which is the only famous carmaker not yet having any sort of presence in the country. One of the most growing automobile markets in the world will soon see the 5th largest Japanese car maker launch its vehicles. Mazda has a wide range of cars and is popular for the Rotary engines which power the RX-8 sports car. Other popular models of the car maker include the Miata and the MX-5. The company plans to launch the Mazda 2 (pictured above), which is a small car having good space along with excellent fuel economy. Other details are unknown as Mazda is still in a primitive stage of its Indian entry.

“We have a bouquet of compact cars like the Mazda 2 and sedans that are suited for the bulk of Indian customers who prefer small and fuel efficient vehicles. We are yet to finalise our strategy for any joint venture or a fully owned subsidiary. All depends on the kind of cars that are viable for the Indian market,” Mr. Takashi Yamanouchi, President and CEO, Mazda Motor Corporation, said.

Source: Motorbeam

350Z

Core Team
Re: Mazda to enter India

This piece of news directly translates that competition is going to be more tensed in the hatchback segment. Though it will be too early to comment on their plans unless there’s concrete information about their future strategies for India but Mazda 2 sure is a good sporty looking hatchback. Perhaps we can also expect its saloon version making way in as soon as hatchback rolls out.

mazda2_15.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes i find this car absolutely sporty enough to pull a customer. If they manage to get other things like A.S.S , dealerships and pricing right too then we have another tough competitor in the hatchback segment.

350Z

Core Team
Mazda RX-8 is a gas guzzler but looks fantastic. I want one to be officially available in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

yes i was about to write it as well. The Mazda 2 is available as a sedan as well here too. Mazda can bring that as well to compete with Dzire and the competition.

Mazda really looks great. But people in india will go again for Swift, Ritz, Manza etc. Really Funny?[lol]
Hi, If Mazda tightens their presence in India people will go for it. Mainly new buyers go for Maruti and Tata because they do not want to risk themseleves.

Over the years automobile industry has matured a bit in India. If not in large numbers there will be enthusiasts having dispensable money to own these cars.
IMO with more options prices will also come down from exorbitants to somewhere affordable.

I can only hope that their prices are reasonable. I can vouch for the quality in these little cars, after having driven one, it shows how peppy a tiny car can be.

Top Bottom