Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R Stingray VXi Ownership Review

Thank You...Stingray looks good in White colour too[:)]

Dropped her for first service Today
Asked them to fit mud flaps as they are not available in any of the accessories shops.
They were pushing me to purchase rain guards, floor mats and something they mentioned as "AC filter" which would keep out dust, pollutants etc from entering the cabin while the AC is on. I think its the pollen filter or something similar(please correct me if I am wrong).
However declined all three as I didn't see any urgent need of them and I have already purchased 3D mats from snapdeal which are yet to arrive.

Here is a pic of Today's job card:
I am bit surprised. Isn't floor mats and mud flaps are given during delivery as part of standard equipment? It should have been there during delivery itself. Not sure about AC filter but rainguard is a userful feature in preventing drizzles from getting inside and creating elegance for the car. Purchasing rainguard outside will be cheaper than getting from dealer.

Thread Starter #19
Heartiest congratulations on your stingray and wishing you many happy miles with it.
Looks nice in this shade.
Thank You

I am bit surprised. Isn't floor mats and mud flaps are given during delivery as part of standard equipment? It should have been there during delivery itself. Not sure about AC filter but rainguard is a userful feature in preventing drizzles from getting inside and creating elegance for the car. Purchasing rainguard outside will be cheaper than getting from dealer.
No sir, floor mats and mud flaps were not provided. The dealer people told these items are not free with the car.
Will wait for the monsoons to decide about the rain guards. IMO they spoil the look of the car[;)]

Congratulations Prakritij.

Live from the service center. How is the service interval?
What items to be considered during first service. How many free services?
Dropped her at 9:10am and got a call from the MASS at around 12:30 that the service is over. However I was at Office so could go there at 6pm only.
All fluid levels were checked and topped up, car washed, general check up done...thats it I guess.
Got rear mud flaps fitted fitted at MASS for RS.180. as per them in Stingray front mudflaps cannot be fitted due to the side skirt.
3 free services in total.

Saw that your car does not have a registration number yet. Are you waiting for some special number ?
No special number bro, here it takes upto one month to get RC and new number.

Hi Prakritij,

Please post interior photos.
I suggest to keep the record of Service details, date, job done, and total cost etc. You may can use this thread for that purpose. It will help later. How is the gear engagement to second gear? Any difficulties?

Thread Starter #21
Hi Prakritij,

Please post interior photos.
I suggest to keep the record of Service details, date, job done, and total cost etc. You may can use this thread for that purpose. It will help later. How is the gear engagement to second gear? Any difficulties?
Thank You bro for your suggestion. Will get a file today and keep all records in it.
Gear engagement in all gears is normal. Faced that second gear issue in my M800 and also in my friend's Alto but not in the Wagon R.
However at 2nd and 3rd I feel a mild vibration coming from the clutch pedal when pressed just before disengaging of the engine from the gear box. Haven't faced it in any other car or even in other Wagon Rs.
Hope it will go away with time(wear).

Friends I need your valuable suggestions for the following:
1. After purchasing the Car I have not done any detailing/teflon coating etc.
Is it necessary to do the teflon coating? Any anti rust/underbody coating?
2. I want to change the parking lights, reversing lights, number plate illumination lights and the interior dome lights to white SMD LEDs(which are generally of lesser wattage compared to the OEM ones). Will doing these changes affect the Warranty of the Car?
3. Also I want to install LED scuff plates, the wirings of which will be connected to the door switch. Will doing this void the warranty?

Thank You

Thank You bro for your suggestion. Will get a file today and keep all records in it.
Gear engagement in all gears is normal. Faced that second gear issue in my M800 and also in my friend's Alto but not in the Wagon R.
However at 2nd and 3rd I feel a mild vibration coming from the clutch pedal when pressed just before disengaging of the engine from the gear box. Haven't faced it in any other car or even in other Wagon Rs.
Hope it will go away with time(wear).

Friends I need your valuable suggestions for the following:
1. After purchasing the Car I have not done any detailing/teflon coating etc.
Is it necessary to do the teflon coating? Any anti rust/underbody coating?
2. I want to change the parking lights, reversing lights, number plate illumination lights and the interior dome lights to white SMD LEDs(which are generally of lesser wattage compared to the OEM ones). Will doing these changes affect the Warranty of the Car?
3. Also I want to install LED scuff plates, the wirings of which will be connected to the door switch. Will doing this void the warranty?

Thank You
1. Polished based Teflon Coating which dealer may offer is complete waste of money. But 3M protective film based coating is something to look for but they are costly though.
Anti Rust Protection for under body is must have, You can also check outside option before finalising anything at MASS. Get the Price Quote and Warranty period from both place.

2. As long as those LEDs are plug 'n' play there is no chance of voiding warranty.

3. Use adapters (if needed) for scuff plates for Plug 'n' Play, but as they are extra fitting MASS people may blame to those if any electrical failure ever occur which need warranty claim (which is highly unlikely). Better remove those before claiming such warranty / incident.

It is a petrol car - which is very less chance to go wrong after this mod.

Congrats your Glistering Grey Wagon R Stingray. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
1. Polished based Teflon Coating which dealer may offer is complete waste of money. But 3M protective film based coating is something to look for but they are costly though.
Anti Rust Protection for under body is must have, You can also check outside option before finalising anything at MASS. Get the Price Quote and Warranty period from both place.

2. As long as those LEDs are plug 'n' play there is no chance of voiding warranty.

3. Use adapters (if needed) for scuff plates for Plug 'n' Play, but as they are extra fitting MASS people may blame to those if any electrical failure ever occur which need warranty claim (which is highly unlikely). Better remove those before claiming such warranty / incident.

It is a petrol car - which is very less chance to go wrong after this mod.

Congrats your Glistering Grey Wagon R Stingray. [:)]
Thank You sir for your suggestions.
The LEDs will be only plug & play and I will opt for them(may be not the scuff plates for now)

Hi,
HeadLamp of this model was very well designed. Wishes to clock more miles..
Thank You [:)]
went for a Drive yesterday with a fried and clocked 375kms for the day

DRIVE SAFE

Hello Prakritij,

Congratulations on your purchase of new Wagon-R Stingray. It looks pretty good. Enjoy the ride with stylish new car. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards

Congratulations Prakritij. The car really looks good in grey color. I love those projector headlamps.

BTW, after seeing the 4th photo in the previous page i am really missing my native [sad]. Driving through tea estates on a rainy day aaaahhhh

Thread Starter #27
Hello Prakritij,

Congratulations on your purchase of new Wagon-R Stingray. It looks pretty good. Enjoy the ride with stylish new car. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thank You bro

Congratulations Prakritij. The car really looks good in grey color. I love those projector headlamps.

BTW, after seeing the 4th photo in the previous page i am really missing my native [sad]. Driving through tea estates on a rainy day aaaahhhh
Thank You. When you come here give me a msg.

Guys, I purchased 3D floor mats from snapdeal dot com for my Car.
Original Kagu mats costs upwards of Rs.5000 and reviews from some other forums are not that good(though initially Kagu 3D fit and finish are good, they tend to wear out within a year and 5k is too much for a year)
I was searching for 3D mats online and found mine in snapdeal for Rs.1699, got Rs.100 discount and finally purchased.
I decided to try it out because the alternative is grass mats which costs around Rs.1200-1500 for a small hatch and is light on the pocket too.
They arrived the day before yesterday. Looks to be durable in flesh though time will tell the durability.
Fitting inside the Car is not that great as to what I expected as these are designed to be car specific. I guess they sent some universal type mats.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

Thread Starter #28
Friends,
I need some advice from you.
The interiors of my Car is all black.
Please advice as to what colour of seat covers would be best. Black, beige or combination of some colours?
Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #29
Friends,
Please advice as to what colour of seat covers would be best. Black, beige or combination of some colours?
Thanks in advance

Friends,
Thanks in advance
Congratulations Prakritij for purchase of Stingray.

For a White Exterior Color, Black Seat Covers suits the best. Since the Interiors are all Black the seats in black too will compliment the White Exterior. You can also look at a combination of Black-Red covers if you like.

What average are you getting currently ?

Top Bottom