Maruit Ritz VDI 35k+ Long Term Update

Hey Thank you for the clarification on the tyre price, I was really shocked.

Thank you for the location change too !![:)]
Hey why didn't you think of buying Michelin XM1+ tyres ? [confused]
I have read in various forums that they are the best , not experienced though .
i too have OEM JK Tornado tyres for my Ritz , have just finished 34K till date on odo .
Am planning to change them once i finish 40-48k on the odo .

Amit

Thread Starter #48
Hey why didn't you think of buying Michelin XM1+ tyres ? [confused]
I have read in various forums that they are the best , not experienced though .
i too have OEM JK Tornado tyres for my Ritz , have just finished 34K till date on odo .
Am planning to change them once i finish 40-48k on the odo .

Amit
Well to me it really doesn't matters now, i just want something which lasts long, the jkt's did well, i still have them on rear, planning to change them to bridgestone after having adequate vitamin M[;)]

@ I always felt 185 sections are good for Ritz to have good driving pleasure and road grip though little compromise on FE !![:)] either BS or Michelin will be best bet !!

@ I always felt 185 sections are good for Ritz to have good driving pleasure and road grip though little compromise on FE !![:)] either BS or Michelin will be best bet !!
BS and Michelin both are good brands.Actually Michelin XM1+ are well known for ride comfort , but they have their share of minus points as well .

Michelin XM1+ are too soft tyres when it comes to taking a beating from bad roads. They have a tendency to get torn in case of impact [frustration] ,note when i say impact i don't mean a very big impact /accident.

BS on the other hand are good tyres , and behave well on bad roads.
Vitamin M can also be a deciding factor [:D] .

Bought bridgstone shoes for the lady with same specs as the original JK tornado.Got it for 3500Rs a pair, planning to do rear pair next month, due to diwali and other lined up expenses :)

Ride quality: Full marks (will still improve when i change the rear end as well)
Fuel Econ: marginally improved
Road noise: same as jk stock.

Next month front tyres go rear and new tyres on front.
@Fusion, nice to see that you are enjoying your drive with Ritz. I can see the car loving back due to the proper care that it receives

Well coming to the tyre section i understand that initially you changed the front sets? [surprise] This is not considered as a safe method of tyre change. If you are replacing only 2 then this should in all circumstances should go to the rear wheels to improve the overall stability of the vehicle. The chances of hydroplaning, car loosing its grip at high speeds are quite high due to reduction in traction. Take no chance the next time. [roll]

Thread Starter #53
i changed to a new set the very next month and swapped front to back[:D] and yes I am still loving the ride. May look for a change in Jul'14. Well i am close to 1L kms around 1700 to go now. Will take pics and write a detailed experience so far.

Thread Starter #56
The FE is unchanged still get 23+ highway, around 19 in city. Handling is still impeccable, the clutch feels hard now the SA advice inspection but at the same time he still says that it will go on for another 10k kms. Current odo reading 125340. Last service done at 110030 cost 9k. The a/c blower fan is noisy MASS says 4k for a/c overhaul(outrageous charges) so i will get it done from outside.BOSCH service??

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hello respected owner,

If it possible to let me know ;

• What will be the ideal first time tyre rotation for Ritz VDI ? Is it first 5k Kms or 10k Kms ?
  • During rotation MASS going to change the direction of the tyre by uninstall from the RIM and re install (like outside in & inside out) or they just put the front tyre at the back and back to front ?
  • Is it recommended to do it in the MASS or outside ? How much MASS will charge for only tyre rotation job..any idea ?

One thing I notice at my car, the front left tyre always have more bulged (i mean flatness where it touch the ground) comparing right front tyre - Is it normal for VDI or Diesel model ? (Is it for battery location which is just stay over the Left Front tyre/suspension) - There is no handling / steering difficulties though.

As well the front left tyre read less Air-Pressure when Air Top Up & There is no puncture last I checked by visual inspection and this issue (bulging or flatness where it touch the ground) form the Day 1.

Please let me know...

Last edited:
Hello respected owner,

If it possible to let me know ;

• What will be the ideal first time tyre rotation for Ritz VDI ? Is it first 5k Kms or 10k Kms ?
  • During rotation MASS going to change the direction of the tyre by uninstall from the RIM and re install (like outside in & inside out) or they just put the front tyre at the back and back to front ?
  • Is it recommended to do it in the MASS or outside ? How much MASS will charge for only tyre rotation job..any idea ?

One thing I notice at my car, the front left tyre always have more bulged (i mean flatness where it touch the ground) comparing right front tyre - Is it normal for VDI or Diesel model ? (Is it for battery location which is just stay over the Left Front tyre/suspension) - There is no handling / steering difficulties though.

As well the front left tyre read less Air-Pressure when Air Top Up & There is no puncture last I checked by visual inspection and this issue (bulging or flatness where it touch the ground) form the Day 1.

Please let me know...
After you mentioned i to had this dilemma few month's back always left front Tyre has less air compared to right front.I too have doubt whether battery is cause of this as you can weight in the right side.

Also Mass had charged me 1000+tax for Rotation/Alignment/Balancing done at 13k as i didn't used my spare wheel from day 1 to till this June'14. Also no punchers in any wheel till now and all Tyre looks brand new with no worn out's.

Attachments

After you mentioned i to had this dilemma few month's back always left front Tyre has less air compared to right front.I too have doubt whether battery is cause of this as you can weight in the right side.

Also Mass had charged me 1000+tax for Rotation/Alignment/Balancing done at 13k as i didn't used my spare wheel from day 1 to till this June'14. Also no punchers in any wheel till now and all Tyre looks brand new with no worn out's.
Thanks for your reply - It's very helpful information as always.

Screenshot from 2014-11-16 10:46:03.png

According to Ritz manual it says 5K Kms Tyre Rotation (O stands for rotation) - What to Do ? Wait for 10K Kms ?

I'm also interested in 4 Tyre rotation & want to keep spare untouched as long as possible.

[Newbie Question Here] I like to know Is that tyre rotation mean or include the job where the Tyre completely removed from the wheel rim and re-install in that same rim the other way so that those side stayed towards the chassis now faced towards outside e.g road and the side which faced towards road now faced inside towards chassis after rotation ?

Or the Job only just change the position of the tyre e.g (1) Left Rear goes to Front Right (2) Right Rear goes to Front Left (3)Left Front comes to Left Rear (4) Front Right comes to Rear Right ?

Please clarify which one followed during tyre rotation....

---------
kannan.cnkr,

I surprised and relieved at the same time knowing that your Ritz is the same Left Front tyre Flatness issues, So that mine is not defected piece.

But as far I know the Petrol Ritz's battery situated near Left Head light but towards central of the engine bay & there is plenty of space at engine bay, example if petrol user need to change Left Headlamp Bulb they don't need to uninstall the battery.

where in Dissel model the Engine bay is so cramped and the battery just sits behind the Headlamp assembly which is just top of the Left Front Tyre/Suspension and to change the Left Head Lamp bulb user first completely remove the battery from the car to gain access of the bulb holder.

Plus the petrol one got lighter battery....I believe.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply - It's very helpful information as always.

View attachment 151973

According to Ritz manual it says 5K Kms Tyre Rotation (O stands for rotation) - What to Do ? Wait for 10K Kms ?

I'm also interested in 4 Tyre rotation & want to keep spare untouched as long as possible.

[Newbie Question Here] I like to know Is that tyre rotation mean or include the job where the Tyre completely removed from the wheel rim and re-install in that same rim the other way so that those side stayed towards the chassis now faced towards outside e.g road and the side which faced towards road now faced inside towards chassis after rotation ?

Or the Job only just change the position of the tyre e.g (1) Left Rear goes to Front Right (2) Right Rear goes to Front Left (3)Left Front comes to Left Rear (4) Front Right comes to Rear Right ?

Please clarify which one followed during tyre rotation....

---------
kannan.cnkr,

I surprised and relieved at the same time knowing that your Ritz is the same Left Front tyre Flatness issues, So that mine is not defected piece.

But as far I know the Petrol Ritz's battery situated near Left Head light but towards central of the engine bay & there is plenty of space at engine bay, example if petrol user need to change Left Headlamp Bulb they don't need to uninstall the battery.

where in Dissel model the Engine bay is so cramped and the battery just sits behind the Headlamp assembly which is just top of the Left Front Tyre/Suspension and to change the Left Head Lamp bulb user first completely remove the battery from the car to gain access of the bulb holder.

Plus the petrol one got lighter battery....I believe.
Wheel rotation is to change the complete set of tyre and rim as per below picture. Also there are two types of wheel rotation done,

I) 4 Wheel Rotation
II) 5 Wheel Rotation

In M.A.S.S one of the engg is close to me he told that rotating with 5 wheel as the tyre's are balanced worn out will be matched all the 5 tyre's so i have agreed to do the same.Keeping a new Tyre as spare long time with out using it will be waste.

Petrol battery is small 34B20R (35A) but diesel carries DIN 65 (65A).

Attachments

Top Bottom