6) Cotton Waste - 2 - Rs. 17/-
7) W.D. 40 - 1 - Rs. 54/-

Labour Charges:

1) Change engine oil - Rs. 300/-
2) Fuel Filter - Rs. 300/-

VAT + Sales = Rs. 443/-
TAX = Rs. 417/-

TOTAL = Rs. 4436/-
engine oil at Rs. 1296 seems a bit expensive. also, differential oil was not changed in my car. please check the scorpio manual last pages if 20,000 service requires the diff oil to be changed.

also, i feel wheel alignment & balancing are ways to mint money. do it only if you are facing problems with the alignment. even if you are, better do it at a reputed tyre shop outside & not at the A.S.S, it will be cheaper & better.

also, why are you doing the 20k service at 17k? wait for 3k more.

Thread Starter #62
also, i feel wheel alignment & balancing are ways to mint money. do it only if you are facing problems with the alignment. e
also, why are you doing the 20k service at 17k? wait for 3k more.

Hello Raj the vehicle has done 17200 kms and the purchase date is 10/11/2008(18 months).
And my S.A. said the vehicle has to be serviced every 4 months.
Even if it has not done the required mileage.
And for alloy wheels i have never heard of wheel balancing as there is no need of adding weights.
But wheel alignment is ok.

So this would not void my warranty right? If i leave the vehicle for 20k.

Raj what do you mean by balancing weight???
You can see it in my quote.

Hello Raj the vehicle has done 17200 kms and the purchase date is 10/11/2008(18 months).
And my S.A. said the vehicle has to be serviced every 4 months.
Even if it has not done the required mileage.
And for alloy wheels i have never heard of wheel balancing as there is no need of adding weights.
But wheel alignment is ok.

So this would not void my warranty right? If i leave the vehicle for 20k.

Raj what do you mean by balancing weight???
You can see it in my quote.
i dont buy that! the vehicle need not be serviced every 4 months, is your S.A. kidding? if you service your vehicle every 4 months, your maintainence bills will be more than a BMW or merc!

get your vehicle serviced every 5000kms as written in the manual, its more than enough. that would not void warranty.

of course balancing is done in alloy wheels, in all alloy wheels. balancing weights are added on the alloys to 'balance' the alloys properly. some alloys, due to manufacturing limitations have more more weight concentrated on one side & less on other. so to counter this weight, balancing weights are added to the appropriate sides.

@rajeev- what is the purpose of oil additive?
its added to flush out the old/used oil properly before adding new oil.

Your S.A must be joking! The service interval for a Scorpio must be 6 months or 10k kms right Raj??

Hey Mukesh i think they are trying to exploit you by saying some false things. Do service your vehicle only at the specified time interval in your manual. And wheel balancing and alignment , do it only if you face some problems in your handling else don do it! But even if you face some problems in your handling , get it done at some tyre dealer which will be cheaper and the balancing and alignment will also be done better!

the service interval is 5k. but actual servicing takes place every 10k. in the next 5k service, they only check all the components & top-up fluids if necessary.

Thread Starter #67
Your S.A must be joking! The service interval for a Scorpio must be 6 months or 10k kms right Raj??

Hey Mukesh i think they are trying to exploit you by saying some false things. Do service your vehicle only at the specified time interval in your manual. And wheel balancing and alignment , do it only if you face some problems in your handling else don do it! But even if you face some problems in your handling , get it done at some tyre dealer which will be cheaper and the balancing and alignment will also be done better!
Thank you dhaya.

the service interval is 5k. but actual servicing takes place every 10k. in the next 5k service, they only check all the components & top-up fluids if necessary.
Yes Raj Will do as you said.

Arun

Suspended
Nice review Mukesh!! I love the Scorpio, especially after checking Raj's Scorp in person!

By the way, couldn't help noticing, you are a Shenoy as well. :biggrin:

Doesn't the manual says anything about duration/interval, apart from mileage. Normally all manufacturers specify both. For example, for Punto, its mentioned as 15K or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

Nice review Mukesh!! I love the Scorpio, especially after checking Raj's Scorp in person!
reputation added! [lol]

Doesn't the manual says anything about duration/interval, apart from mileage. Normally all manufacturers specify both. For example, for Punto, its mentioned as 15K or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
yes, a certain duration is mentioned but i have never checked it since i am sure my car covers up the odo reading earlier than the time limit.

Thread Starter #72
Only First 3 free services say that 4 months / 5000kms Service interval(Which ever comes earlier).
And my 3 services are over.
And now its my 1st paid service, it says 20,000kms but its nowhere mentioned whether vehicle should be left for service after 4 months.
Actually i had gone to leave my vehicle around march , But my S.A. had said not to leave then as the vehicle had not done the reqd mileage.
But now still it remains the same. So a few days back i got a reminder of leaving my vehicle for service from the dealer.

Thread Starter #74
Well then in that case when was you vehicle last serviced?? Tell the odo reading and also the date.
The vehicle was last serviced around 13,211 kms on 29-Nov-09

It was the 15k service interval.

After the shirdi trip.

The vehicle has hardly done few 1000 kms.
-----------Next Post-----------
Hey RSM the same thing applies for my Scorpio too.

But after that they have not mentioned about months , only interval with respect to kms has been made.
For Ex:15k, 20k etc.

Last edited:
Oh so then you can very well wait for 20k kms i guess. Raj am i right??

Your S.A is asking you to drop your car for service as its around 6 months since it was last serviced.

Top Bottom