Mahindra Scorpio-N Launched

What would be better buy, Scorpio-N or XUV700 for highway rides? I already own 2020 Thar and just love the Engine. Thar for offroading and the new buy for highways.

350Z

Core Team
What would be better buy, Scorpio-N or XUV700 for highway rides? I already own 2020 Thar and just love the Engine. Thar for offroading and the new buy for highways.
Mahindra XUV700 will prove to be a more comfortable highway cruiser and a sensible choice too considering you already own the Thar for off-road purpose.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Test Drove both XUV700 & Scorpio-N within city limits. We liked the Scorpio-N seating position rather than XUV-700. The 2nd Row seats are more comfortable in XUV-700. As of now we are more inclined towards Scorpio-N Z6 D MT. Both test drive vehicles were Petrol, hence we will take highway test drive with an Diesel and then decide.
Do any of you know video covering Z6 varient?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't think Mahindra has even produced a Z6 Variant. Only Z2 and Z8L has been unveiled.
Z6 interior will look mostly the same besides the sony music system and the leather upholstery. Black and brown combination will be the same on the dashboard and the doors.

This is regarding my Scorpio N introductory price-protected booking : From 2 Oct [Sunday], I have been unable to track my booking status as Mahindra disabled it. My dealer, India Garage, Bangalore, initially said Sep-end. Then told, Oct first week. They took KYC documents from me. Now, they are keeping quiet. They say that vehicle was allotted, but they don't have details! From 26 Sep onwards, I have been twitting and writing emails to Anand Mahindra, With you hamesha, the dealer and calling 1800 209 6006 almost regularly. They are maintaining absolute silence over the matter. Yesterday, I received a reply from With you hamesha stating that my case has been referred to Mahindra area sales manager. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let me see, how it develops.

Mahindra has done a hat-trick in bungling after Thar, XUV 7OO, and now, Scorpio N, wantonly or unknowingly. Anand Mahindra has spoiled his reputation and image. Very bad. If I am not allotted a Scorpio N in Oct 2022, I am going to cancel my introductory price-protected booking and go for Tata Harrier, Jet edition. The only thing that I will miss is 4WD; but then, I will get ventilated seats, panoramic sunroof and EPB and save a couple of lakhs of rupees. I am fed up of Mahindra. [anger]

tracking.jpg
Tracking disappeared.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #82

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Anand Mahindra announces name of his Scorpio-N on Twitter

Anand Mahindra took delivery of a spanking new Scorpio-N SUV last week, and made an announcement on Twitter. The Chairman of the Mahindra group followed it up with another tweet, asking Twitter users to suggest a name for his SUV. After a slew of name recommendations he received on the social media outlet, Mr. Mahindra shortlisted two names – Bheem and Bichhu, following which he conducted a poll to choose between these names. The poll saw over 77,000 votes, and an overwhelming majority of Twitter users voted for Bheem. Mr. Mahindra now calls his Scorpio-N as Bheem. Bheem (a derivative of Bhima) is the name of a mythological character from the Mahabharata, and signifies strength, heft and power. Bicchu, on the other hand, quite literally is the Hindi word for Scorpion.

Source: cartoq

Yesterday, I did PDI of a Scorpio N at India Garage, Palace Cross Road, Bangalore. I was shocked to see the odometer reading at 220 km and it was an August make, which are totally unacceptable to me for a brand new vehicle. I have doubts that it may be a demo vehicle being pushed over to me, so I rejected it outrightly.

The GM of the dealership first told it was due to PDI done at Chakan plant, then he added, it was driven from Chikkaballapur railway station to Bangalore! According to the GM of the dealership, only the first batch vehicles came by train. If that is so, why was not the Aug-made vehicle delivered to me during 26 Sep-11Oct 2022, which was the original timeline? He didn't have any answer for that. The same person added that the later batch vehicles were transported by container trucks to Bangalore. When such is the case, 220 km on odometer puzzled me. He attributed it to PDI at Chakan plant! I thought enough is enough. Area sales manager says only the dealer has access to their system! Whenever I call him, he takes the GM on conference call and allows the GM to answer all my queries, while he keeps mum. I am fed up. GM agreed that it was a vehicle from the first batch, but promised me to allocate another vehicle by this month end.

My account's tracking even now shows the same old October 2023 timeline, earlier it was blank, in the beginning it was 26 Sep-11 Oct 2022. Mine is introductory price-protected.

I am totally frustrated. I lost all the interest and enthusiasm of owning a 4WD vehicle in my lifetime.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
1666957986298.jpg
1666957986311.jpg

Thread Starter #87

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yesterday, I did PDI of a Scorpio N at India Garage, Palace Cross Road, Bangalore. I was shocked to see the odometer reading at 220 km and it was an August make, which are totally unacceptable to me for a brand new vehicle. I have doubts that it may be a demo vehicle being pushed over to me, so I rejected it outrightly.
Indeed, it sounds like a demo car. With lot of demand for this vehicle among people, no way an August 22 vehivle still surfaces and offering you in the end of October. My opinion is not to accept vehicle manufactured earlier than October 22.

A TALE OF TWO SUVs or HOW MAHINDRA HELPED ME SAVE ₹ 10 LAKHS

Cancelled my booking yesterday due to callous attitude of the dealer, India Garage, Bangalore. The GM and the sales team leader were clueless about the delivery timeline. First, it was 26 Sep-11 Oct 2022. Then, my tracking went blank. Later, it showed 27 Sep-27 Oct 2023. India Garage continuously misguided me with false delivery dates. 26 Sep 2022, end of Sep 2022, first week of Oct 2022, 'on or before Diwali', end of Oct 2022, etc. The dealership tried in vain to push through a 220 km-run Aug-made vehicle on me on 28 Oct 2022, which I flatly refused. Then, they were telling some cock-and-bull stories and won't commit any delivery date until the vehicle was received by them. Both Mahindra and India Garage were pointing fingers at each other. Got fed up and cancelled the booking. Donated Rs 2,100 to Mahindra. I have decided in favour of LX petrol AT hardtop Thar [October make], which is readily available at another dealership, Anant Cars, Mysore Road, Bangalore.

Yesterday, visited Anant Cars's yard and did PDI and booked by paying ₹ 21 k. The odometer reading was 22 km. Delivery is either Monday or Tuesday.

Booking Cancelled.jpg
1667995419402.jpg
1668045612907.jpg

Cancelled my Z8 AT price protected booking,and shifted the same to XUV 700 D AT AX 7 L simply because by the time of next year the initial niggles of xuv would have been ironed out by mahindra

Top Bottom