Mahindra Quanto Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page: 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey guys I posted in PAL thread that rio doesn't have any competitor but suddenly saw this piece of news that Mahindra is also going to launch a Mini SUV in same segment to compete with PAL Rio which will be under 4 meters.

Premier opened this segment with their offering- the Premier Rio. This outdated little SUV has nothing very exciting about it as it is a old Chinese car (sourced from China’s Zotye Auto) rebadged as a Premier. With no proper service backup, lack of a thick dealer network, and absence of any advertising in cities raises doubts on its future.

But Mahindra is all set to bring in a fresh new product in this segment within the next few years. This compact SUV (could be codenamed S103) will be less than 4 meters in length & will come with a 1.5-litre diesel engine. Autocar India reports that this car would have a monocoque construction to give it good driving dynamics & will share parts with the upcoming Mahindra “world” SUV (W201) that also has a monocoque construction.

Autocar also reports that M&M is working on a 3 cylinder version of the M-Hawk engine with a reduced bore & stroke to displace around 1490CC. However M&M has no petrol technology so chances of that engine are thin. Insiders also indicate that M&M are targeting a base price of as low as 4 lakh rupees.
source-indianautosblog.com

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Perfect. This is the trailer for the development of new segment of cars in India. I’m sure much more is to be followed soon. PAL doesn’t look to be as serious for Rio as they should be. If Mahindra hit’s the right pot, This will be a winner. However, the final word can be said only after launch. The giant is on its fullest to rule every UV segment in country.

Drive Safe,
350Z

A compact SUV for 4 lakhs!! Sounds interesting!

A new vehicle segment in the making , if this becomes successful then the Hatches will dwindle down in numbers!

350Z

Core Team
Design is not yet completely a Mahindra's strength, It was a luck when an exceptional model like Scorpio was designed. Xylo looks nice as well but I hope this model won't share the milk van like cab forward design from it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Mini-Xylo Scoop!

Just have a look at these amazing scoop images by Autocar India which features the 5 Seat version of Mahindra Xylo. This is the same model which will make its presence in India by end 2010 or early 2011 at Rs.5+ Lakhs (Est.) and compete the PAL's Rio Mini-SUV.

Mahindra-Xylo-Hatch-(-5-Sea.jpg

Front-View.jpg

Mahindra-Xylo-Hatch-(5-Seat_3.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great option for ones who wish to have a heavy 5seater for a lesser price.

nice. the tyres look smaller too. but wont this hurt the xylo customers?

IMO, mahindra should NOT go the TATA way. first the indica, then the indigo, then marina, then indicab, then indogo CS! next was the vista followed by the manza.

also, maruti used to offer more or less the same cars with the same engines in the same class with different badges!

mahindra's strength was it had different vehicles targeted for different customers with different needs. sure, with the mini-xylo, they will cut down on production costs but then i feel it would hurt the brand.

Looking very similar to Xylo and also much like those tall boy Hatches. But guys actually in the background i can see another Xylo without any camouflage! On the 1rd picture the rear of both the cars looks the same and in the 3rd the front looks the same!

350Z

Core Team
This thing is looking little odd to me. A sliced up version of Xylo? I wish if Mahindra is testing something else in Xylo’s clothing, and if we observe closely behind C-pillar, there is almost no area (only for small quarter glass) just like in hatchbacks which points towards less boot space unlike in Rio. It would make a very wierd combination of a hatchback and MUV.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13
yuck guys..this looks so ugly. xylo already looked wierd from front now it will look same from rear too! [cry] also won't this effect directly real xylo? people will avoid going for it thinking that there is already ugly looking similar car in market!!

But another point is, those who like the Jeep feeling but don't want to drive a big SUV around, this could be the right fit. Rio is would have been really nice, if it was from a trusted brand like M&Mor MSIL. Of course we need to have the security features too.
Personally I like the Jeep to drive around, but it lacks the 'family' factor unless it is modeled some thing like this. I think, this is going to attract a good percentage of buyers. Probably I am one among those !

350Z

Core Team
Shynish, You have a point but would you like to roam around in a car after paying Rs.5 Lakhs which looks absolute ugly? Besides that, It has been derived from similar looking vehicle. If Mahindra shapes it right, Xylo Mini-SUV could attract certain number of buyers but it is yet be seen how many people fall into the category who prefer these “all-new segment” UVs.

MAHINDRA-XYLO-5-SEATER-MAIN.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom