Loot in Guise of "Cancellation Charges" By Apex Honda in Mumbai

What loss is going to happen to the dealer or the car? I think he has cancelled the booking in approximately a week which IMO is not too long! If not this customer then another customer , store the car in your stockyard and give immediate delivery to the next customer!

350Z

Core Team
@350Z but they didn't told him and also it wasn't mentioned anywhere that they will charge him.
Many dealers usually do not ‘tell’ about such things at all. That is why, the booking policies must be carefully read by the buyer him/herself. Though unless the OP clears some questions, I’d refrain from jumping onto the conclusion directly.

So deducting 42K as cancellation charge on Nano is not justified, but 42 K on Accord seems to be justified to me, atleast.
Precisely what I believe too.

What loss is going to happen to the dealer or the car? I think he has cancelled the booking in approximately a week which IMO is not too long! If not this customer then another customer , store the car in your stockyard and give immediate delivery to the next customer!
True. At any cost, the dealer will sell off the car. But the problem is – Luxury cars are brought on special demand unlike Maruti or Tata Hatchbacks, which are readily available and are 99.9% certain to be sold off to one or another customer mainly due to their high demand. (This is also the answer to why MSIL refunded full amount to Mr. Boss). Although this case is least with expensive cars when their overall monthly sales figures itself fall in the range of 20 – 50 units across country. So to an extent, cancellation charges are justified. But again, I’d refrain from jumping over to a conclusion directly unless the things are more clarified on this matter.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes i agree with you 350Z , the dealer may hardly sell only two or three Accord's a month! But still why the cancellation charges , i don see any loss happening to the dealer except for a few phone calls. I guess the next customer buying an Accord will be financially sound and will be more than happy to take immediate delivery of the car. Infact the dealer can use it to their advantage saying that particular variant and color is available for immediate delivery , anybody would love to have their car soon right?

Yes i agree with you 350Z , the dealer may hardly sell only two or three Accord's a month! But still why the cancellation charges , i don see any loss happening to the dealer except for a few phone calls. I guess the next customer buying an Accord will be financially sound and will be more than happy to take immediate delivery of the car. Infact the dealer can use it to their advantage saying that particular variant and color is available for immediate delivery , anybody would love to have their car soon right?
I completely agree. any how its gonna sell.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. I also accept that it will sell off anyhow. Though what if there is no buyer for Accord this month, and within next couple of months, another buyer comes and asks for a latest piece after verifying VIN? That’s where the catch is because the value eventually diminishes and since the dealer has already ordered one – it’s he who’s is going to be at risk. Perhaps some might think that I’m thinking too deep on this but what I’m trying is to focus on the actual facts from business side too. Hoping topic poster to reveal more details.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well yeah that is also another problem for the dealer but i don think an Accord will lay with them for 2-3 months , i hope its still selling well. But mostly people see only the registration date for re-sale value!

Anyways lets wait for the topic poster for more details.

Usually cancellation charges depends from company to company and dealer to dealer, if and foremost if they have mentioned regarding the cancellation charges of 2%, and Ms Gupta if you have signed those papers, then sorry it would be all vain to even go to consumer forums, where your context wont be held, if not so then you contact honda india help desk, shoot mails to higher authorities, and let them know the case, sure your remaining amount would be refunded in quick time.
Another case of shobby dealer attitude of such premium brand.

Top Bottom