K&N vs Green Cotton vs... (Air Filters)

Sell Car

they say kn filters have life of a million km and i see it seems true as cleaning part is simple.
what about cotton green..?
In dusty conditions, they need to be changed at 60k. A friend of mine changed his filter(K&N) at 50k km. But that he did mainly because he wanted a green cotton filter. Even the Green cotton has a life of 100k kms.
Also the cleaning and oiling of these filters is quite simple. Just a 15-30min job which can be done as DIY.

Re: K&N v/s Green Cotton vs.. air filters

To gain more performance fit k&n filter along with a high performance exhaust.fitting k&n air filter with stock exhaust will only increase the exhaust sound and small change in acceleration is noted..

i

it would be excellent to notice if changing to said filter reduces black smoke or smoke char deposite at the exhausts. yes that is what i am looking for, i am not expecting any huge performance improvement though it is welcome .

as technically if air intake is improved better combustion happens means less smoke , which indirectly may improve FE.
don't forget black bumper near exhaust because smoke [frustration] .

Guys I am new to this topic.

has anyone fitted these filters to i10?
is it good for the car? I was looking at stock filter replacement or changing OEM stock filter frequently would be correct?

Thread Starter #23

Guys I am new to this topic.

has anyone fitted these filters to i10?
is it good for the car? I was looking at stock filter replacement or changing OEM stock filter frequently would be correct?
no matter what these filters are definitly going to be better than the stock filters.

I meet a 2.2 safari owner who had green cotton airfilter installed in his car . i asked why didn't you gone for K&N. He told me that K&N let the dust pass through and don't come with casing means more noise . So specially delhi like place its better to go for green cotton

any one enlighten me on this

Some people just feel better when they've put an after market performance sticker on the car even when the fact remains that the sticker is not going to make the car perform any better. Dont fall for it and save the money for getting something better for your car.

Many years back I've seen people buying the 'K.K.K Fuel saver' (as seen on T.V) which was fitted between the plug wire and the ignition coil. Does anyone know what was inside that fuel saver? I managed to cut one open and take a look, there was a metal screw moulded inside the plastic with provision on either side to connect the plug wire. I dont remember the exact price, But it was somewhere around 250-300 rupees in the mid nineties. Remember you could get a litre of petrol back then for 19 rupees. I tried telling this to people and still there were some who sweared by it and claimed that they had an increase of 10-15% in fuel economy.

Last edited:

well that's why i was asking . Newbie person like me still learning all these things .

but one thing you do get is sound . his safari accelerated with sssshhhh sound [lol] made me remember TV Episode sshhh koi hai

well that's why i was asking . Newbie person like me still learning all these things .

but one thing you do get is sound . his safari accelerated with sssshhhh sound [lol] made me remember TV Episode sshhh koi hai
I guess Akash has already said about the gains. And yes there is the slight intake sound, though not on all models of filters.

how about pipercross Airfilters. i have asked Quite a few tuners in mumbai. they all suggest pipercross.

Last edited by a moderator:

If by only changing air filter you gain power then why don't the manufacturers use these filters as an OEM.IMO this cannot be marketing gimmicks or tax saving on low power vehicle or something like that which happens in other countries.

After spending 5k or more on the filters if I am not happy with the power gain I have to fake my expressions .Wow what a boost something like this :lol!:

Guys as per my understanding stock replacement of K'n'N , Cotton green or for that matter even Pipercross would not make much difference into your car. you have to install a Air intake kit (CAI) along with the airfilter which would give u noticeable gain. cost somewhere near 10k including airfilters and if u could add a performance free flow exhaust (FFE) that would cherry on the cake. gurus please correct me if i'm wrong here.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom