It's My Pride. My Tata Aria.

Sell Car

Thread Starter #1
Its my pride my Aria!

To start the story from the beginning my brother was very much excited when he saw Honda Amaze.

The first diesel car in india from Honda. That time we were not actually planning to buy a new car since we all ready had enough cars parked at home.

One day while me and my brother were passing by the Honda showroom we found Amaze demo car parked at the showroom. After hi hello stuff with the sales girl there we went for a test ride and felt nothing amazing with Amaze.

That’s a different story.

Then as soon as we walked out of the showroom surprisingly found Renault showroom nearby. Went there and drove Scala, Pulse, and Duster. Don’t know why! But didn't like any of them.

Our Way back home found Tata showroom displaying Storme and Aria.

Tried both of them but got tempted by Aria's features and comforts they didn't have Aria Pride so they gave us Aria Pure LX for the test drive.

Now the actual story starts. I am copy pasting my dealership experience from my post on another website:

Dear Tata and Concorde motors

Here I would like to share my story with you.

We have decided to own a good MUV or a SUV after owning hatchbacks and sedans.

After a long research in the market your flagship model Aria Pride 4x4.attracted us.

Now the show started.

Called just dial Hyderabad to get the contact number for the Tata showroom.

Same day evening Mr. Anveash fromConcorde Motors (India) Limited (A Subsidiary of T A T A Motors Ltd), Hyderabad called me on my mobile.

And started blowing his Trumpets on Aria.

I was impressed with his presentation and went for the test drive. Mr. Anvash took me to Mr.Chandra Kiran mobile. I think he is the showroom manager.

Mr. Kiran was ready with the Aria Prestige I said am not buying Prestige I need Pride4x4 he said Pride test drive is not available.

I was not happy but what to do I don’t have any other option we went for a drive it was a super car I was happy. with the same excitement I touched speeds up to 120 and the steering wheel started vibrating.

I touched 125 now this time the steering was shaking.

After the drive I asked Mr. Chandra Kiran and Mr. Anvash about the problem.

They told sir it was a problem in all Aria 2012models and it is totally solved in 2013 Aria models.

I said fine see you soon that’s all. Mr. Anvash was calling me daily and asking me to choose the colour so that they can get the car for me in 10 to 12 days max.

I felt I have to do little more research on Aria before I buy it then I started looking up some websites.

Shocking! I found all bad feed back on Aria.

As usual Mr.Anvash called me in the morning I told him clearly about the feed back on the internet.

Mr.Anvash said sir it was right but all those problems were with Tata Aria 2012 models but now Aria 2013 is fine tuned and it is perfect now.

He even told me to not to think about cash discount on 2012 models cause they are faulty. He forced me to stick on the 2013 model.

I said ok.

Next day he called me and asked to wait for a week because Tata may come up with some good offer on 2013 models also.

I said ok. For few days no calls.

One day Mr. Anvash called me and gave me a offer of 17.27lacks on road and sent me a quotation.

After 2day Mr. Srinivas from Concorde motors called me to ask about the color of my choice. I asked him to send me the list of colors by email and I got it in some time.

I chose some sort of red color in there list of Aria colors.

Mr. Srinivas called me to ask about my final order then I noticed they didn't mention any thing like 2013 model in the Quotation.

I asked him to resend the Quotation with the year and model info.

He said ok and with in some time I got a Quotation again stating Tata Aria pride 4x4 2013 model.

I called him back and asked him about the date of delivery. He said clearly that after the DD is ready he will be giving me the car with in 10 to 12 working days.

I said ok I went to my bank with the Quotation. And my manager gave me the DD on the same day.

You know even my bank manager told me to think ones again about spending 17lacks on Tata cars.

Any ways I called mr.chandra Kiran and requested him to get my car as soon as he can he said sir I will try my best but I can surely get your car in10days.

I went to Concorde motors with the bank DD.

Mr. Kiran welcomed us into the store.

Me my brother and my friend 3 of us made to sit for 15minutes.

My friends comment look at the care given to the customer who came to buy their most costly car!

I was upset ok that is not a problem here. Now Mr. Kiran is back to us with some one.

He was Mr. Gopi Krishna Sales Manager for Tata motors.

Mr. Gopi said sir why don’t you go for Aria 2012 I can give you 30% discount I said no he said he can try for even more I said no. He asked why do you need 4x4? I didn't want to waste my time I just said I need it that’s it.

Then he said it is not in production at this time they can't give it in near future and they are not sure when they can give.

That’s it my friend started laughing aloud and said that’s Tata they called you and they fooled you.

My face was down I asked them if you don’t have Aria in production then how did you give me the Quotation?

And why did you ask me to get the DD and the loan ready?

Mr. Gopi asked me to wait for 10 minutes after some time he said it will take 6 weeks to get the car.

I told him to give it in written he said he cant give but he asked me to mail him so that he can get it from company.

I told him that how can I pay the EMI”s with out getting my car?

He said sir it is our mistake but I cant help it.

I said why cant you help it!

If you cant help it then Tata should help it.

Else am not going to keep silent.

Tata motors and Concorde Motors have to take the responsibility.

1. They have to give me the date of car delivery in written.

2. They have to pay my EMIs till I get my car.

Else

They have to bear the compensation of the stamp duty charges , DD canceling charges , and more important wasting my time and playing with my family emotions.

Now I completely understood why Aria is not doing well in the market.

Tata motors forget coming up with an Aria face lift.

And pay attention to your customer. Don’t try to put their faces down.

2 days later I got a email from Tata that this issue has come to the Vice Presidents notice and he wanted this problem to be solved. Immediately.

Soon after few hours I got a call from the Tata's employee saying that he will be looking into this.

After few days the showroom guys called me and told that my car will be ready before 31 August 2013.

26th August showroom guys called me and told me that my car is ready!

Smiles on my face.

Went to the showroom after hi hellos with the showroom guys I was bean asked to wait for few minutes.

That’s the look. the super stuning hero coming up from the showrooms under the ground warehouse.

It is beautiful.

The moment I stepped into my car I forgot that I sat in a tata car. Every thing inside my car looks and feels premium. If you ask me what is best in your car I say many things; to name few:

1. suspension it swallows all most all kinds of bumps on the road.
2. air-condition every one in your car feels the same cooling as front passengers. 10 blowers covering every corner of the car.
3. very good audio system but anyhow not out standing. Don’t know how but fronts are giving bass and rears are just for mids and highs. May be the front doors or damped or may be the room space under the dash is giving the box effect.
4. speed sensing volume control, cruise control, rain sensing wipers and light sensing head lamps are working like a charm.
5. it might be a camel ride in the town but it is an horse on the highway.
6. good navigation system but people used to mobile maps may not like it.
7. it will make you forget innova.

Wanted to fit foot rest for the ladies at home. The showroom guys gave me price tag of 16000. Went to a car accessory store and got them for 5200 only.

The very hot sunny day my cars AC stoped working I called up the service station and the guy told me to check the fuse box in the bonnet found the AC fuse there but it was all ok I kept it back again and tried switching on the AC all is well! The AC is back again. What might be the problem?

Friends please consider mistakes in my english.

The photos are compressed for easy upload.
Please do let me know in case if you are not happy with the quality.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on ur Aria. Drive Safe.

The below points mentioned by you is 100% right.

-- Now I completely understood why Aria is not doing well in the market.
(it shud be said as all products are not doing well).

-- And pay attention to your customer. Don’t try to put their faces down.

Thread Starter #7
Congrats on ur Aria. Drive Safe.

The below points mentioned by you is 100% right.

-- Now I completely understood why Aria is not doing well in the market.
(it shud be said as all products are not doing well).

-- And pay attention to your customer. Don’t try to put their faces down.
thank you. But you know after looking at my car I forgot all the pains given by tata

Take good care of your beauty during the running in period. And hopefully your ride will keep you proud for ever ! My heartiest congratulation once again. Keep updating this thread and happy revving .

@sbhokray,

Is your rear windshield wiper misaligned. It is not horizontal in one of the pics. The rear will look neat if it is rectified.

Thread Starter #12
Take good care of your beauty during the running in period. And hopefully your ride will keep you proud for ever ! My heartiest congratulation once again. Keep updating this thread and happy revving .
Thanks! A lot. for now am realy proud of my aria I hope tata will not let my spirits’ go down.

Thread Starter #13
@sbhokray,
Is your rear windshield wiper misaligned. It is not horizontal in one of the pics. The rear will look neat if it is rectified.
After noticing in the photo I have gone to my car
To examine it clearly. all is well now if am not rong may be some one mite have holded it when the wiper was on!
Thank you so much for the feedback.

Thread Starter #15
I got 2CDs with the car. a navigation disk and a CD containing video and audio demonstrations of car features. The navigation disk wil go into the cars infotainment system.
And a separate drive is given for audio disk playback.
Friends I bought polk audio mm691 coaxial speackers.
Which comes with a crossover. Will be putting them in the boot.
And will be powering them with the JBL GTO504ez amp.
This amp is capable of takeing line level inputs but stil planning to use line convertor.
Focal or JBL sub?
I feel 10” sub will fit in my boot.
Waiting for your expert ideas

Top Bottom