ICE Setup Suggestions for Tata Aria - Please Guide

I don't know how fitting two HU'S in one car will work but i don't think you can install an HU between the seats or behind the armrest like in Benz or Bmw , there is no space for that in Aria.

Thread Starter #18
thanks cool dhaya for the info.I discussed with my technician and he told its possible but lets see,everything works on paper but when it comes to real things we will know whats impossible

thanks cool dhaya for the info.I discussed with my technician and he told its possible but lets see,everything works on paper but when it comes to real things we will know whats impossible
Buddy, did you finally reached a conclusion abt installing HU on your Aria, also did you talk to the showroom guys abt warranty issues?

Thread Starter #20
The showroom guy told he will get back after discussing with his team and mean while I asked my Ice install person who also did for my I10,so what we have planned is-Not to disturb the stock head unit in front and have it wired to just the speakers in front and still have its controls in the steering etc and try to find an additional place and fit the second Head unit-- wire it with the rear speakers,amp and sub like in this way am not gona disturb any of the existing wiring and install with new set of wiring as in new installation so all I need is power lead for the new head unit and rest of the wirings will be commencing from the new head unit to rear speakers and amp etc and no changes needed to stock unit.Though it sounds too much for placing two head units,I will be still looking for it coz I dont get satisfied with just a normal hu.Anyway this is just a plan and will have to see how far it will work

The showroom guy told he will get back after discussing with his team and mean while I asked my Ice install person who also did for my I10,so what we have planned is-Not to disturb the stock head unit in front and have it wired to just the speakers in front and still have its controls in the steering etc and try to find an additional place and fit the second Head unit-- wire it with the rear speakers,amp and sub like in this way am not gona disturb any of the existing wiring and install with new set of wiring as in new installation so all I need is power lead for the new head unit and rest of the wirings will be commencing from the new head unit to rear speakers and amp etc and no changes needed to stock unit.Though it sounds too much for placing two head units,I will be still looking for it coz I dont get satisfied with just a normal hu.Anyway this is just a plan and will have to see how far it will work
Yes, it sounds very innovative,please keep us updated with your decision process.

Yours Xovy

well if tata has given sub option then there must be separate option in stock hu to power your sub will confirm this by thursday too busy with safari paper work till wednesday :P

karthick why don't you use the existing headunit get a 4 channel amplifier with hi level inputs like the HELIX or FOCAL,get a good pair of components for the front,the similar series of coaxials for the rear,and a sub.This should sound good enough.
If you feel the need for an upgrade later,look into the options for the headunit.
keep some budget for damping like dynamat,focal,etc.

Thread Starter #25
Hi Haresh,I dont prefer loud music but prefer more bass so normally i do not connect amp to my speakers and that is the reason i choose a mono.I tried with focal,mtx and finaly got hold of kicker and kicker sub(I already got it 3months bk on my i10 and got to instal in my new car).I do not connect speakers in the front coz i do not like noise just next to me.I will still go for high end speakers for the rear but my concern is whether I will get satisfied with the stock head units output.I currently run the kicker pack and oval speakers on my pioneer

The problem with having only a mono with the sub is that the sub will overpower the entire setup,though you have mentioned you prefer more bass,would strongly suggest you to get a good pair of comps for the front and power them with an amplifier to enable a more balanced setup,its no use having components on the rear if you are not going to be sitting on the rear or hardly any passengers on the rear,a good pair of coaxials will be enough.
The oe headunit if has any preouts will be worth looking into or with the hi level inputs the output is going to be good enough but will be better with an after market headunit.

Thread Starter #27
Haresh,I already run it on Pioneer on my I10,though the Kicker sounds class I still felt a higher end or an upgrade on head unit will be better.My pioneer is 6050,so when I am not completely satisfied with pioneer's output I doubt how the stock unit will sound

Then i would suggest you to go with the kenwood headunits like the 6043,7016,etc which have a 24bit dac which will have much better sq than the pioneer.
Get some good quality amplifier wiring kits which makes a lot of difference to the setup.

Thread Starter #29
Yes haresh,it is true that sub over powers the set up and thats what I wanted,may be its weird but i do not like voice and bass sounding together in a loud way.My set up is like,i will still hear the song and the bass punch dominates and is fine tuned to give soft and deep punch.About placing comp in the front,since I will be driving the most I never prefer noise very next me so may be rear co-axials as u suggested will do.about the stock HU will have to see but sure I will be happy with an after market HU and the only thing is that am looking for a way to not remove an factory fittings or wiring but still instal a new HU and sub woofer pack etc

Yes haresh,it is true that sub over powers the set up and thats what I wanted,may be its weird but i do not like voice and bass sounding together in a loud way.My set up is like,i will still hear the song and the bass punch dominates and is fine tuned to give soft and deep punch.About placing comp in the front,since I will be driving the most I never prefer noise very next me so may be rear co-axials as u suggested will do.about the stock HU will have to see but sure I will be happy with an after market HU and the only thing is that am looking for a way to not remove an factory fittings or wiring but still instal a new HU and sub woofer pack etc
me too don't like loud noice but like more punch

Top Bottom