ICE Installation in my ALTO (DIY)

I have a query about ICE in my Alto.
Hope some Guys here can solve that.
Here are the questions-
1. CAn i put an amplifier in my car (for the rear speakers) without using any subwoofer?
Yes,off course

2. is a subwoofer necessaary with an Amplifier?
No,Amplifier is necessary for a subwoofer.

3. What will be the difference in the sound quality (except the bass)?
Music will be crisp clear and will give you clean sound even at high volumes.[:)]

Thread Starter #17
Buddy, I am going for some upgrades in my Alto but want suggestions from gurus.

I have the following as of now-

A CRAP Sony GTS270S Xplod With Remote Commander.
Pioneer 2 Way 4" Front Speakers
Pioneer 4 Way 6"X9" Rear Speakers.
Thats All :P

Now I am wanting to Buy a Subwoofer With A 2 Channel Amplifier as the budget is quite low. Its maximum 8k. Not a penny more than that!
I think that an 1100W Sub will be good with some Sony Amp (2 Channel)
What would be cost of this?

2nd Question-
Would A subwoofer with enclosure fit in the tiny boot of my Alto?

If YES, How much would it cost?

If NO, How much will a Sub without enclosure cost and What will be cost(here, in Faridabad, NCR) of a Custom made Enclosure to fit in my boot?
not a bad setup i would say (rest gurus will comment better); regarding your Sony Amp cost am not sure about that. :(
second question i can answer:
yes a sub enclosure will fit, but you will be deprived of boot space. cost of enclosure will depend on which type of enclosure as like box type or fibre glass type (would recommend box type though).
Don't go for a Sub without enclosure as you will lose most of its power in open air. What i would recommend for you is a Bass Tube rather than this setup. It will be cost effective and space saving for alto and there are some brands which have inbuilt amps in the bass tube itself, so it might fit in your budget as well.[cheers]

lxi.

Suspended
Can I fit an amlifier for the rear speakers (2 channel) or all the speakers (4 channel) without having a subwoofer.
What will be the changes in sound quality other than No bass (like the sub)?
Will the quality increase of the music?

Also, i am having one problem , when i put volume 20-22 on Xplod or Gravity mode, The rear left speaker starts vibrating. What can i do?

Will appreciate your help buddy!

Thread Starter #19
Can I fit an amlifier for the rear speakers (2 channel) or all the speakers (4 channel) without having a subwoofer.
What will be the changes in sound quality other than No bass (like the sub)?
Will the quality increase of the music?

Also, i am having one problem , when i put volume 20-22 on Xplod or Gravity mode, The rear left speaker starts vibrating. What can i do?

Will appreciate your help buddy!
Yes LXI, you can fit an amp for 2/4 speakers (2/4 channels respectively) without a subwoofer (it is a common myth that a sub is required if you fit an amp).
Changes in sound quality will be clear and crisp sounds with every detail. Yes quality will definitely improve.

For the vibration thing, please let know where the rear speakers are fitted (like box/tray/rear door). Only then we will be able to guide.

lxi.

Suspended
The Speakers Pioneer TSA932(Model No.) are fitted on the parcel tray. Only one is vibrating (Right one), the other is working fine!

Thread Starter #21
The Speakers Pioneer TSA932(Model No.) are fitted on the parcel tray. Only one is vibrating (Right one), the other is working fine!
Ok, can you try to remove the speaker grille? if yes figure out if something is cracked/broken on the speaker (mostly it will be the edges of HOP cone). If yes then that the culprit. Else it might be loosely fitted on the tray or else the tray itself migh be creating the noise. Its not that volume 22-23 will create problem; higher volumes makes the vibrations more and if something is torn/broken or loosely fitted, it will get amplified. Hope it will help.

lxi.

Suspended
Will Try to remove the speaker grill, if possible.
And are you talking about the black (Plasticky type, Hop cone i think, Which feels like a ballon on touching! :stupid:)thing which shakes and makes bass(Punchy low pitched sounds)? I can check it without removing the grille, i think. But If i found something torn/Broken, Then what to do? Can I do it myself without showing it to a proffesional?

Thread Starter #23
Yes LXi its the same thing am talking about and you can surely check it yourself. But corss your fingers for it to be in good shape (not torn/broken), as there is not way to get it back to originality if thats the case. Sorry to say you will have to buy new one if its torn/broken :(.

lxi.

Suspended
Fingers Crossed. Hope its alright.
If not, I will buy some new Speakers! Thats also a good news if it happens.
Buddy, Do you know the price of JBL Subwoofer- BassPro 12 with Built-In Amp? I am longing for this onE!

Thread Starter #25
No idea LXI about the JBL bass pro price. You can try it in Karol Bagh i believe. There lots of options are available and you can bargain a lot over there. My suggestion would be try that market and go to authorised JBL showroom as well to compare and then finalize.
Do post your experiences for other member's reference.

lxi.

Suspended
Libran,

Checked the rear speaker,. There was some dust and torn cloth (MAt type) on the under side of the speaker. Removed it. Checked for something broken or torn, But ALL IZZ WELL.
Now the speaker is producing a quite good bass (Not that punchy), Nice sound. Even at volume 28 , The sound is clear. Above it, Without the amplifier, it starts prr prrr prrring.!
But the issue is solved now!
Thanks,

Thread Starter #28
Nice to know that the resolution provided helped you to enjoy your system yet again :) and happy to hear nothing was torn or broken; but am a bit susceptible about what sort of cloth was there (some foreign material or from speaker itself).
Do add to My Reputation if you think my resolution helped ;)

lxi.

Suspended
Hehe. Surely will add your Reputation but do add mine if i help you someday!

The cloth was not of the speaker. It was the torn pieces (Maybe torn by rats!) of the carpet kept on the boot above the spare tyre!
Dont know how did it come there. Maybe at the time of service, They used a vacuum and it went in there.
Cheers!

Top Bottom