Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I found exactly the thread I was looking for.
I am also trying to decide between these 2 cars. Having an SX4 ZXi at present. Running 1,200 kms per month, 50% highway. Need a Diesel.
I recently test drove the Nissan Sunny XV Diesel, Skoda Rapid Ambition and Hyundai 1.6 CDRi VGT.
1) The Nissan Sunny is packed with features and I liked it.
2) Back legroom is awesome.
3) However, the power seems less and
4) I did not like the braking at all.
OTR Mumbai comes to 10.89Lacs for the XV version
1) The Skoda Rapid is good. My dad liked this because the build quality seems solid.
2) No steering controls though.
3) Rear middle floor hump very pronounced. Did not like.
4) It has good brakes and good power.
5) The seating was comfortable but I would have liked some space besides the clutch to rest my foot.
6) However the steering and handling as well as gears were good. No complaints.
OTR Mumbai 10.4Lacs for the Ambition and 11.45Lacs for Elegance. I find the prices are very high considering that features are much less and the Ambition does not even have a music system!!! However the warranty can be 2+2yrs and 80K kms, thats good.
Lastly took TD of Verna 1.6 CRdi Ex (with reverse camera). I really liked it.
1) Excellent look
2) Good power.
3) Brakes were not as good as Rapid I felt but much better than Sunny.
4) There is a dead pedal. Like that.
5) Noise inside the cabin is very less.
6) Rear space I felt was less than Rapid.
7) The steering was very "light", not solid. Not the most responsive.
But the car is expensive too. OTR Mumbai 11.20Lacs. This one is w/o alloys and has single airbag. The next higher one costs 12Lacs. Warranty is only 2+1Yrs and 60K kms. Isnt' it less compared to competition? Hyundai not sure of their engines??
In the past I have also test driven the Vento but I found it uncomfortable for my height, 6'2". I had to take the seat all the way back and down to get a proper seating position.
The DZire is also good but maybe the back space not as comfortable.
I have also driven a relative's Manza and was comfortable with the ride, handling, power but felt space to be a bit less up front when I compared to my SX4.
So I think it would boil to Rapid vs Verna
My dad would prefer Rapid and I would the Verna.
Car would normally be driven by me and 50% on highway. I have read a lot about body roll and not so great ride of Verna on the highway, is this true? I generally drive at speeds of 90-110Kmph, max to 140kmph. Many a time I have to overtake the trucks from left at 100kmph and need to swerve left to right. Is the body roll really bad? Never have had this problem in SX4.
Please give your advices.