Hyundai Verna CRDi SX Turbo Failure

Suvo,
No question is stupid question that is the rule

I don’t think ideal time is required in Petrol powered vehicles available in India except Linea T-Jet this one is equipped with turbocharger.
There is a need of idle for Turbo charged petrol engine to prevent Oil coking if you know about this term

Turbo Timers are built for that purpose [:)]

Turbo Timers are built for that purpose [:)]

A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure.

I doubt any vehicle in India is blessed with Turbo Timers

Last edited:
A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure.

in india nah thats why its always good to cool down the cars before you turn it off.

I surely doubt if they can do that but you can make it I guess. In here you can get Harness and plug and play.
you need to plug one cut off wire to the hand brake thats it

Codename 47 R33 Skyline turbo timer - YouTube

This is the video of how it works and its my car ( the one i sold)

But an owner/driver must do that, esp after a high speed drive.

I usually follow a 3 minute cooldown in neutral.

Top Bottom