Hyundai Verna CRDi - Owner's Report

Thread Starter #1
My verna has been a good car for the past 2 and a half years,with strong mileage and less maintainance cost till today.
MERITS= Mileage
Power
Easy overtaking
DEMERITS= Poor car service(KUN HYUNDAI)
I have never got my car from service within the time given,I must be the only owner to wait for 3 hours from the promised time for my second free service.

Hey Surendar,

Even i own car from Kun Hyundai !

But they aren't really poor when compared to DSC in chennai!

May be few freaks were on leave on that day when you have given service [lol]

Can you please pour in more details ?

Very short report! We need more and where are pics??
From your avatar the car looks cool, What accessories have you installed?

Thread Starter #6
Oops sorry.first time typing report..
My verna was a base model crdi.
Now,it has been run for 32329 kms.
The service cost for regular oil check and other checks would be charged around 2500 rupees.
If you want to check others like tyre pressure,wipers,smoke control..they will charge a total of 3000 rupees.
Since,my car was a base model,it did not have any audio components.
I have added sony front speakers,pioneer rear speakers and pioneer subwoofer.Recently,added new tyres and alloys to my verna.
The average mileage = 16 kmpl
On highway,mileage = 20 kmpl
In city,mileage = 14 kmpl
I will upload my photos as soon as possible.

Arun

Suspended
Surendar,short and sweet. Quite literally SHORT.
I would love to know how the Verna moves, how it behaves ( Ask me I'll reply cars have emotions!).

Also view other ownership reports for reference on how to elaborate your review.

Kindly cover the following points in your review:-
The purchase The purchase day is one of the most remembered days for a petrolhead. Tell us how it was!
Exterior Your likes/dislikes, even scratches [lol!]
Interior What's good /bad / needs Improvement
Service History
Accessories/ICE(In-Car-Entertainment)

Waiting for a bigger review.
No offense meant mate!

Hi Surendar - My friends get their cars serviced from Kun and as Zinam stated they are better than DSC and HMP. Starting from Sales to service i have heard good raves about Kun and may be if you can throw some more light that would help us in understanding the issue better.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks Arun,
Purchase date - 02/07/07.
I was somewhat hapy, because I was not interested in buying verna at first as I didnt like the exterior looks.Then,after getting used to driving at high speeds and sharp turns,I started liking the driving part of my car.

Exteriors.

Likes- short turning radius,easy over taking,good pick-up and spacious interiors

Dislikes- Cannot judge the front and rear end,wide side mirrors,and my car was unstable when i cross 110 kmph in the first 2 years of purchase,now,I am able to touch 180 kmph easily.

Dents/Scratches- dent and scratch over left wheel arch(hit by someone in a parking lot), scratches over left and right rear door arch(hit by autos),dent near fuel lid and on the other side too(a few guys changed shoes leaning over my car).

Interiors.

Likes- Spacious,comfortable for persons like myself.

Dislikes- Dual colour interiors,poor headlight power.
All my car's service were done at KUN hyundai,I liked the services done and reasonable cost for every spare part.

I have said about my ICE,now planning to add another woofer with custom audio fitting at the boot.

napster

Suspended
nice summary kind of review surendar, liked it, doesnt take much time in reading, but gives you a clean image of what its about.
looking forward for some pics

Thread Starter #12
Thanks crazy cat and napster.
Forgot about the headlights,they are much weaker than accent's headlight power.I used to wear spectacles for vision,with those poor lights,I was not able to see vehicles coming in opposite direction.
So,I changed my headlight bulb to 100/90 phillips bulbs.These bulbs need to be changed depending upon the usage,and I have changed it only once.That change was done 2 days after delivery of car.I had to change bulbs after nearly 2 years,due to fuse(only one bulb,the other one is still in my car working very well).

THis is the question i was waiting for !

Even i10 has the same problem, more over i10 & Verna shares the same light 50/ 55W which is really poor.

SO what light did you for ? & how much does it cost ?

DO changing lights will void the warranty ?

Thread Starter #14
hey Zinam,change of headlight bulbs does nothing with your warranty,I would suggest to go for any branded bulbs,instead of fakes.I got PHILIPS bulbs(100\90).
To fix it,the cost would be around 1000 and bulbs cost 100 rupees each.
These bulbs are powerful enough to manage against any flashes in the opposite direction.
Go for it and tell your comments.

Top Bottom