Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Mega SUV test: Big wheels, Big deal

Going strictly by segmental classifications, these cars shouldn’t compete with each other. After all, one’s a crossover, one’s a large SUV and three fit the description of a small SUV. On paper, they are very different cars that should appeal to different sets of buyers. In reality though, these models operate in the same space and actually target the same buyer set. That they are also available in the same price band and with similar engine-gearbox options only strengthens the case to pit them against one another. Over to the contenders, then.

First up, we have the new S-Cross from Maruti. The S-Cross is unique for its crossover shape and is a model that Maruti promises offers a distinctly premium experience. For this test, we’ve taken the more powerful of its two diesel engine options. Then there’s Hyundai’s contender that comes in the form of the Creta. The overwhelming response to the small SUV suggests Hyundai has got it right but, an objective analysis will tell you if the hype are worth it. Here too, we’ve featured the more powerful of its diesel engines.

Of course, Renault’s popular Duster had to be here. Let’s not forget it is the model that really started the small (not compact) SUV revolution in India. With us for this comparison is the range-topping Duster AWD. Its cousin, the Nissan Terrano, is also one of our contenders. The Terrano may be a rebadged Duster but you’ll agree it’s got its own appeal. Finally, we have the Mahindra XUV500. It has been updated recently, and we're considering the front-wheel drive version.
I wouldnt put much into the Autocar review. They always sound way too biased. In fact it is ridiculous how they attribute all the better things to one of their top two cars and then declare their "chosen" one as a winner based on other irrelevant attributes.
There is absolutely no way the Creta is a winner for the price you pay and what it offers, apart from mere cosmetic looks. Of that lot, I'd say the XUV is a better product at the price. The Duster/Terrano are reliable, "cannot-go-wrong-with-it" options, the 2015 Duster being the more feature rich and VFM option among the two.

In fact, all these cars should be priced atleast 50K to 1 L less than what they have.

Your friend has to wait for the waiting period the dealer gave.
Or other option is you buy their accessories worth 50000 or more and you get the car within a week. Many dealers here in Mumbai are practicing this accessories thing. Because of which the waiting period of the people who aren't buying any accessories increases as their cars are allotted to someone else.

Mega SUV test: Big wheels, Big deal

Going strictly by segmental classifications, these cars shouldn’t compete with each other. After all, one’s a crossover, one’s a large SUV and three fit the description of a small SUV. On paper, they are very different cars that should appeal to different sets of buyers. In reality though, these models operate in the same space and actually target the same buyer set. That they are also available in the same price band and with similar engine-gearbox options only strengthens the case to pit them against one another. Over to the contenders, then.
Looks like a paid news. Creta is still getting mixed emotions and not yet considered above xuv,duster,terrano range. Maybe a booster campaign from Hyundai ;-)

If the price was dearer by 1.5 L this would have been the chosen one, but definitely not at present range.

Last edited:
Finally got the delivery yesterday.
I think its the first mystic blue over here ��
Drive is amazing, didnt feel driving a diesel car.
Clutch and gear box is too smooth.
Congratulations rahul on buying a India favourite & very desirable SUV.
Although many on 1.6 CRDi but haven't came across much reviews of Creta 1.4 CRDi on internet. Please share its driving, performance, acceleration, fuel efficiency reviews here or if you have started it ownership review, then please share its link here.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I need your help to chose between Petrol 1.6 Creta S or Diesel 1.4 Creta S.
The car will mainly be used by my dad. Usage will be low ( 600km - 800km per month).
To be honest the diesel sx and petrol sxo are out of my budget. My max budget is 12.5 lac.
Ecosport/Brezza/Scross are all out of contention since parents didn't like them.

Can someone put up the actual mileage figures of Creta 1.6 P manual and Creta 1.4 D.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
Cheers.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I need your help to chose between Petrol 1.6 Creta S or Diesel 1.4 Creta S.
The car will mainly be used by my dad. Usage will be low ( 600km - 800km per month).
To be honest the diesel sx and petrol sxo are out of my budget. My max budget is 12.5 lac.
Ecosport/Brezza/Scross are all out of contention since parents didn't like them.

Can someone put up the actual mileage figures of Creta 1.6 P manual and Creta 1.4 D.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.
Cheers.
I say go for petrol 1.6
Reasons are simple
Petrol engines are easy to service and have superb refinement and Hyundais 1.6 is effecient, a friend of mine who has Verna 1.6 gets around 10 kmpl in heavy city drivimg and highway he gets 16-17 kmpl depending on how much passengers car has and how heavy he is on throttle,
On average he gets around 12 kmpl in Nagercoil Traffic which is medium traffic,
So with Creta it would be 1 kmpl less to Verna in most situations,
Best part is reliability and peace of mind. Petrol engines are good for lot if years, all diesel engines except maybe Toyotas cannot be fully trusted post 75000 kms,

Also turbo lag means more use of clutch and early wear and tear of some parts are usual in diesels,

I say go for petrol 1.6
Reasons are simple
Petrol engines are easy to service and have superb refinement and Hyundais 1.6 is effecient, a friend of mine who has Verna 1.6 gets around 10 kmpl in heavy city drivimg and highway he gets 16-17 kmpl depending on how much passengers car has and how heavy he is on throttle,
On average he gets around 12 kmpl in Nagercoil Traffic which is medium traffic,
So with Creta it would be 1 kmpl less to Verna in most situations,
Best part is reliability and peace of mind. Petrol engines are good for lot if years, all diesel engines except maybe Toyotas cannot be fully trusted post 75000 kms,

Also turbo lag means more use of clutch and early wear and tear of some parts are usual in diesels,
Thank you 1989rs500 for your valuable inputs. Will book the car within the next week.

Thank you 1989rs500 for your valuable inputs. Will book the car within the next week.
As your mileage is low so better go for Petrol Creta.
Current Hyundai Diesel engines are also very good. I have Verna 1.5 ( 2010 Model ) which crossed 1L KM few months back and I changed Clutch plates at 95KM as my car is driven by different drivers. Rest till now i have never spend much money on repair and it still looks good for another 50-60K KM.
Also no rattle or issue in car yet .

As your mileage is low so better go for Petrol Creta.
Current Hyundai Diesel engines are also very good. I have Verna 1.5 ( 2010 Model ) which crossed 1L KM few months back and I changed Clutch plates at 95KM as my car is driven by different drivers. Rest till now i have never spend much money on repair and it still looks good for another 50-60K KM.
Also no rattle or issue in car yet .
Yes very true, refinement levels of all Hyundai engines including diesel ones are very good.
I have already decided on the 1.6 petrol Creta S variant. I feel petrol will still do justice even if running increases to 1000kms per month.
The petrol is a good 98,000 cheaper than the 1.4 diesel. I'd say that's fuel cost covered for 2 years and a few more months. [clap]

@TN33 it has only front arm rest.

Some more pictures [:)]

Ample of space left in boot after keeping a large and a medium size bag
Hi Rahul, congratulations on the Creta. I am looking to buy the petrol (due to low usage <1000kms per month)
Those alloys look very good. Did you retain the stock tyres and only changed the wheel? Did you receive any buy back for the steel wheels?
Do shed some light, since I am planning to get alloys for the 1.6 Creta S as soon as I receive delivery.

Happy motoring... Cheers.

Top Bottom