How Much Is Your Car's Battery Life?

Yes i agree with Anmol , the A.S.S never even care to check the fluid levels unless you ask them to check it. I have a classic example to share and prove it , will update in the appropriate thread.

A well maintained battery must last atleast 3.5-4 years.

350Z

Core Team
Recently replaced the battery of Maruti 800 which served well for 3.5 Years. Got the Amaron Maintenance Free Battery now. Let's see how it works.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Today replaced the battery of Accent VIVA CRDI (purchased the car in mid 2008). Exide freedom served me for 3 years 8 months. The battery had been marked with a date 09/06/2006 and also had the dealer name, address and contact no., it was the same dealer I was in for change. Confirmed the purchase date, it was 09/06/2006 so it has served for 5+ years trouble free.
Now got the Tata Green 65D26R.

The stock battery run for about 4yrs and then changed to Exide (zero maintenance for 5yrs) which just completed about 4yrs. Last week changed it to Amarom (again zero maintenance for 5yrs) for my Santro. Got it for 3.7k from a local Amaron shop (same as that of the online price - batterybhai / batterywala). Hope it runs for another 5yrs.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My Honda City has had just 1 battery change. The OEM 1st Battery lasted good 3 years (2011 October to 2014 October). Now it has been 1 year since battery change, no issues are there. The new battery is of Amaron Green Color one that was put by ASC of Honda.

Regards

Akash

I had purchased my 2006 model m800 in 2011 and the owner had claimed to have changed the battery 6 months prior to sale.Finally had to replace it on 1/8/16 as it just went completely dead.I think 6 years is more than good service for the Exide battery it had come with [clap]

Normally what is the life of a car battery? And how do we know when it needs replacement?
I stretched my Hyundai I10 Kappa (2009 OCT) OEM battery - exide till this year April. It was good but one off incident where my car refused to crank, I replaced it.

TATA Green in my Baleno served for around 2.5 years before it started giving troubles. Car was left unused for a month and even after charging the battery it couldn't survive. Then I switched to Amaron a week back.

Normally what is the life of a car battery? And how do we know when it needs replacement?
My car battery lasted 3 years, but note though that at the end of the 3 years I had to park my car for a while. I did disconnect the battery terminal. However after coming battery it was dead for good. I figured it would have lasted longer if I was able to start the car every now and then, but it was parked somewhere with no one near by to start it.

A well maintained battery lasts for about 5 years. Once in six months top-up with distilled water and charge with external chargers. Because present generation car have current sensor which limits the charge to the battery, batter never reaches full charge. Once in three months charge the battery with aftermarket charger by doing so permanent sulfation and crystallisation can be avoided.

-suryaputhra

A well maintained battery lasts for about 5 years. Once in six months top-up with distilled water and charge with external chargers. Because present generation car have current sensor which limits the charge to the battery, batter never reaches full charge. Once in three months charge the battery with aftermarket charger by doing so permanent sulfation and crystallisation can be avoided.

-suryaputhra
Aren't newer batteries equipped with dry cells with no need for topping up distilled water? [confused]

Aren't newer batteries equipped with dry cells with no need for topping up distilled water? [confused]
There is no lead acid battery called dry cell battery, there are sealed lead acid batteries seldom used in automotive applications. These sealed lead acid batteries also have distil water content when chemical reaction happens during the time of discharge they vaporise being sealed vapour condense back. These batteries have vent hole in case of overcharge to felicitate gassing. But in case of automotive caps are either threaded or pressing type so distil water will escape during chemical process as well as consumed too. You need to replenish the distil water. We are the manufacturers of industrial batteries and industrial battery charges.

-suryaputhra

My Tata Manza OEM battery worked for approx 4.5 years. Did not charged it even once.
The OEM battery was from Exide.
Have now changed it to Amaron

Tata Manza do not have Current sensor on battery harness, its alternator charges always up-to 14.2V so batteries lost longer. Cars with current sensor is controlled by ECM and BCM charging voltage varies from 12.95 to 13.9 sometimes goes 14.2 based on battery real-time condition. his method never works in real life scenario due to inherent limitation in lead acid battery technology. Batteries in cars with current sensors are not lasting more than three years.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom