How Do You Deal With Long Waiting Periods?

This is actually a good discussion for me right now. As i m now on waiting period list for M&M. Hope they are better than Maruti. Just a hope.

Can i file a case in CCI (Competition Commision) since Maruti is having unfair trade practises of not telling waiting period officially helping dealers ?

Can i file a case in CCI (Competition Commision) since Maruti is having unfair trade practises of not telling waiting period officially helping dealers ?
I think the best is to send an email to Maruti guys to know the details. I have checked the CCI and there are abt 30+ cases with the same subject with No answers which will just add another number with your complaint.

Chodo yaar now its a lost cause. The system has rotten down to amazing level.
I will now just wait for these 90 days to pass and then get the car

Chodo yaar now its a lost cause. The system has rotten down to amazing level.
I will now just wait for these 90 days to pass and then get the car
Haha, that is true. when Anna hazzare could not change it.. then only I lost all hopes. Happy waiting.:)

I had booked a dezire diesel with a dealer in Delhi and even after 3 months he was not giving any date. I complained to consumer forum and within 7 days i got a call from the dealer that maruti has allotted me the car
Now dealer sent me an additional indent details saying order date- 2nd July and says he will tell me as soon maruti dispatches the car.
Can anyone throw light how many days you feel maruti will take to dispatch the car if order date is 2nd July ? Since Delhi is close to gurgaon i feel it should be less
Can anybody help me out in this?

These people are creating fake waiting period and this confirmed by one of the traffic police "havaldar" whom I gave lift while coming back from Nashik to Mumbai.

He started talking about car and asked which car should I buy Indica Vista or Swift? I said Both are good cars with same engine but Swift has long waiting period. To this his reply was, Huh? Waiting period what's that. There are no waiting period for us. Actually the cars are already lying in numbers in stock yard but these dealers create un necessary waiting periods to cash in some under table cash from the people who are eager to get the car. Damn Indian Dealers. [anger]

Hey
what is this indent ? I mean now dealer has given me details of additional indent of my car saying order date- 2nd july ?
When will maruti send the car to the dealer if indent date is 2nd July [:)]

Is it that dealer has not even made an indent in the last 3 months of bookings and is making an indent just now after complaint at consumer forum [thinking]

Last edited:
The wait ends. My car has come. will pay the money in a few days.
What is the system of delivery? I will do PDI and give demand draft?
Then after how many days i will get the car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone throw light how many days you feel maruti will take to dispatch the car if order date is 2nd July ? Since Delhi is close to gurgaon i feel it should be less
Can anybody help me out in this?
First congrats on this news !!
For Manesar-Pune, the time is about 7-8 days. Once it is shipped, the dealer will inform you. If invoice has been raised in advance (like in our case), you can directly get chassis & engine no. even when car is in truck/trailer.[:D]

For you, I think it should be 2-3 days or so, as the time for clearance is the same, what you will save is only transportation time.

Hey the wait is over man . Checked out the car at dealer showroom. Will pay money on friday and take the car.... all due to akosha
so if anybody here is waiting a lot and harassed by dealer file complaint at akosha and see the magic.
within 10 days i got my car [:D]

Top Bottom