Hi

Thread Starter #1
Hi there,

Stumbled on this forum quite accidentally last night trying to get some information about the Scorpio.

Seems like a good bunch of jolly folks here. Some I know.

So spitfire here, presently in Bangalore. Originally from Goa. A Bangalorean now but the Goan spirit remains. Actually didn't need much to adapt.

Have been a 4x4 enthusiast in the past. Now I am not. The 4x4 scene in India got a little too big for me.

Work as a Product Manager for a Product Company.

From other things own a 1999 Mahindra Classic (spokes) and a Vento. Used to have a Bolero. Sold it last year.

Presently I am on the Vintage and Classic Car scene in India. Used to have a VW Splitscreen and a VW Beetle. Both sold.

Now restoring a 1947 Sunbeam S7 - which incidentally has not been going too well. Parts and quality work are a big issue.

In the meanwhile saving for an Harley Davidson. Hopefully within a year I should be able to make the ends meet at a HD showroom nearby.

Cheers
Spitfire

Welcome aboard Spitfire! Another auto enthusiast joining the league, feels great[:)]
You had great collection with Splitscreen and Beetle. I am sure it would have been tough parting with these beauties.
Wish you luck for your Harley plans! That would be something to own!!

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, the Splitscreen and the Beetle were very fond possessions. Had to sell them in a moment of weakness. The bus though is in a very hallowed collection. So I am happy it went to the right people.

Hope to contribute positively to this group.

Hello Shailinder,

Sure will. Need to navigate around this forum to the right topics.

I have been out of the scene for a while. And from what I see it has gone quite upscale and high-tech these days. I am still old-school. The basics are firm because we learned the hard way. When winches, high lift jacks, off-road tires and a lot more used today were objects of some sinful fantasies. But the lessons learned being stuck in a god-forsaken place because the vehicle broke down or the rain cut-off over return are all solidly ingrained.

The fundamentals have somewhere being taken over by tech in the present scene. Need a lot of unlearning and learning myself.

Cheers
Spitfire

EDIT: Missed out on why I choose my username. When I was a teen in the 90's I used to read a lot of World War II books. The technology advancements. The human advancements. Have a keen interest in that era. That was also the time of some amazing machines. On ground, air and water. Some of these machines have left a mark, due to their engineering, the men who piloted, drove or captained them. One of them being the Spitfire. Have been chasing them since and have been fortunate enough to touch and feel and get in a cockpit of one - only on ground though. Another being the Messerschmitt Bf 109. Never got to sit in one yet. Use the Spitfire name only because it won the war. Or else I could have been called Messerschmitt instead. :D

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
You have really experienced some wonderful machines out there (including spitfire). It is our pleasure to welcome another enthusiast like you on the forum. Looking forward to learn more about your latest restoration project in a separate thread. Have a nice stay and feel free to contact our team in case of any assistance. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello spitfire and a very warm welcome to TAI. WOuld love to see your Classic on this forum. Please create a detailed ownership thread with lots of pictures. Good luck with restoring the Sunbeam. I know someone who might be able to help you in sourcing parts for it. PM me in case you are interested. All the best and have a nice ride.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks 350Z and Sam Dinkar for the welcome.

I am not very good at long reviews. Either I run out of patience of words. I will try and see how many pictures I can source. Again I am no photographer and hardly take any pictures - except Traffic Violations in Bangalore. I am a big BTP Fan Page contributor.

The Classic presently is in a state of some neglect. A friend uses it back home in Goa and needs a lot of TLC. The spoke wheels are on their last legs. And next year I need to get her up and pretty for the fitness certificate. It turns 15 then.

I will try and see what I can manage.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome to TAI SpitFire !! What a line-up of vehicles you have & had ? Great !!

Have been wondering what happened to you for quiet some days ??
Used to admire your contributions and guts in writing about the traffic violations and helping fellow citizens in another forum.

Have a pleasant stay and looking forward for your contributions

Cheers

Thread Starter #9
Hey hamster,

That's humbling. Nothing really. Was brought up to see that no one does any wrong to others and correct and help if you can or try to. Of course trying to be perfect yourself. Stick to that philosophy.

Yeah got off other forums. And will be staying away for good. But they were great places to be nonetheless. Made some life long friends. And that is more then anything I could have ever asked for. The negatives never really added up for me.

Thread Starter #13
Hey welcome to TAI. Sorry I missed this thread and ended up welcoming you in the other thread.
Thanks Captain.

Left the other forum on my own accord. I have had no complaints there. I think it just got too big for me. I liked it when it was a more close knit group of awesome folks.

welcome dude. enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the welcome.

Hi, welcome to TAI.
Thanks venom. Hope to contribute positively.

Top Bottom