Hertz vs JBL vs Infinity

vikram

Suspended
vikram what amp did you plan for?
Well, for the speakers i was thinking of 4 good speakers with a perfect fit (exactly mounting onto the place where the OEM speakers are placed without any modifications having to be made). My choice is still INFINITY KAPPA 63.9I but not sure whether they will exactly fit or not [confused]. So need your help out there ! And for the amp, its a 4 channel amp from JBL, most probably JBL GT-X646 but still could go with some help from you gurus out there :)
Whatever good or bad, I want the stuff exactly to be neatly fitted onto the OEM place so that there is no wire hanging out/ no screw jutting out/ no tweeter placed outside. (Everything will be neat and compact and will not spoil the beauty of my new car [:)]). One can experiment around with a car when it becomes 4-5 years old, not 4-5 months.

getting this
luv its sound seems good whats your guys take?
i think both the videos are of same componenets. but the above one is clear.
it depends on his camera quality.

@ VIKRAM .

I forgot what was you budget?

because 4 spkr and that amp with wiring will cost you max 18k

and amp you have to fit it somewhere. there is no place to hide it except below front left seat

Last edited:
i like crisp clear music; sound quality and reproduction is the major importance i dont like loud music.
I guess you would like an audiophile setup. Try sourcing Focal Polyglass components and pair them to Focal solid 4 amp. Nothing can beat this in terms of sound reproduction, a true SQ setup. If you want to go higher in the budget, may I suggest adding a center speaker and choose a Kenwood KAC-X5D 5-ch amp. Amazing product for the true SQ setups.

freakdude.

I guess you would like an audiophile setup. Try sourcing Focal Polyglass components and pair them to Focal solid 4 amp. Nothing can beat this in terms of sound reproduction, a true SQ setup. If you want to go higher in the budget, may I suggest adding a center speaker and choose a Kenwood KAC-X5D 5-ch amp. Amazing product for the true SQ setups.

freakdude.
i will get ruined if i buy focal products.

vikram

Suspended
@ neil : Budget is 20 K. Upto that I am very comfortable but not beyond that. 4 channel Amp I am comfortable with under the front passenger seat, provided no wire/wiring sticks out and it is a neat job done (hope u know what i am trying to say). Will JBL GT-X646 be able to provide proper amplification for powerful speakers ? But till now, my major problem is WHICH SPEAKERS [confused]. I am willing to go for good high-end ones. But anything which does not disturb (as u said will touch the door panels of the car) the OEM config. Anything which is as easy as : simply take off the 4 old OEM speakers, mount the 4 new Speakers , get me ?
@ nick : any idea abt the speakers dude ? will infinity fit exactly ? the 3 way 6 1/2" ones ? or anything else from the JBL line or Blaupunkt line ? But, yes, i agree, no JBL or Blaupunkt can match the sound of Infinity ![thumbsup]

And why would you say so buddy, please elaborate.

freakdude.
focal products are very costly. cant go for it.

@ Vikram

in 20k budget u should buy JBL GTO 504 E amp and that infinity speakers. this setup will be best for you.
dont buy the amp that u are telling gtx .. it has heating problems as i know and its not quality product either , compare to gto series of jbl.

vikram

Suspended
focal products are very costly. cant go for it.

@ Vikram

in 20k budget u should buy JBL GTO 504 E amp and that infinity speakers. this setup will be best for you.
dont buy the amp that u are telling gtx .. it has heating problems as i know and its not quality product either , compare to gto series of jbl.
Sure. I'll keep a note of it - GTO 504 E amp. But still one question is killing me, will the 6 1/2" 3 way infinity kappa 63.9I speakers fit onto OEM speaker location exactly as it is ? please if u could check on this neil. see, most car audio dealers, they will push their products, do bad fitments(for amateurs like me who have least idea on car audio) and once i have bought the thing and they have opened up my car, there is very little i can do.[frustration]
A couple of people i know have had this experience, infact many. So, i want to be 500% sure, kappa 63.9I speakers will fit fine( with nothing hanging loose, nothing touching anywhere or making any car electrical go PHUT ) , then i will go for them, the GTO amp and buy them and [thumbsup] MUSIC

vikram

Suspended
which wiring kit to go for ? for wiring 4 speakers with a 4 channel amp, i think i will have to buy 2 nos. of 2 channel wiring kits , right ?

Oh that way!!! I thought you are doubting their capabilities. Focals can be had this side of 20K if searched hard and Solid 4 is around 16-18K. Agreed that they are costly but they are worth every penny spent.

freakdude.
i have no doubt about their capabilities , they are high end products. but i am still not in a condition to spend 100k for audio in my car.
but thanks for info. didnt knew about this brand before. [:)]

@Vikram

ya 2 wiring kit. go for scosch or still better. cant remember names for rest.
we cant tell you about mounting depth for now , until we get our car. so you have to wait till then. i will inform you as soon as possible.

Thread Starter #43
got my car. try not to add amps below seats airbag control unit is there have to be cautious.
my budget and stuff has changed and its final now.

vikram

Suspended
got my car. try not to add amps below seats airbag control unit is there have to be cautious.
my budget and stuff has changed and its final now.
congrats nick on ur new car ! Hows it going ? Zippin around already? drive safe dude[thumbsup].
Will wait for ur ICE eagerly! u n neil r quite like my gurus in ICE and car audio

Last edited:

Top Bottom